Mapping Project: Echoes of Old

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir Edwards

Sergeant Knight
(Other Project was put on hold due to me having put a lot of work into it without enough thought and finishing it would require me tearing down half the map)

Mission: I hope to make a map that has some flavor to it, though I am a novice mapmaker, I am trying to incorporate as many unique experiences into this map as I can to make a map that is actually fun to play on and offers something other than participating in clan siege simulators.  I want people to explore, learn the commerce of the map, and have unique experiences within the environment I create.  If you have any suggestions please comment below!

-This map was complete in my eyes with 5 take-able factions, but due to today's PW servers REQUIRING 8 factions for the map to even be used, I have to butcher my creation and make room for 3 more factions :/

---Faction Takable Areas---
1.)Widows' Peninsula
6CCFEB3168B8387DF588CC8D86BB49A6136F20E2
3764C84E7E3DB7CB0FBD453602959E3B9D1E0CC4

2.)Naval Outpost:
FEF8428C9A5000094FFBB14353E528C2B7F49149

3.)Mercenary Tavern (Not To Be confused with today's popular "merc camp": a concept I hate with a passion)
00F99210A0D89CAC00B9C8B32BBF64BB466127AA

4.)Isle of Solitude
WIP

(The Following 4 Factions are all within the walls of one big city, and are inspired by N0body's Andros Map where city warfare was a beautiful thing)
5.)East Side Keep (holds eastern gate of main bridge)
WIP

6.)West Side Keep (holds western gate of main bridge)
WIP

7.)Corner Keep (controls entry to western Main gate)
WIP

8.)Pleasure Palace
WIP

---Special Event Areas---
(These areas will have item chest(s) placed within/near the scenario for player or admin sponsored events)
Ambushed Caravan:
WIP

Beached Naval Ship:
WIP

---Dreams of RP---
(These areas are designed with older pw players in mind, who remember that this mod was designed to be an immersive experience rather than a castle siege simulator)
Jousting Arena:
WIP

Honor Dueling Arena:
WIP

Tavern of the Dancing Bear:
WIP

Mountain Mining Camp:
WIP

Commoner Village:
WIP

Shops:
WIP

Assassins' Guild
WIP

Concepts (Will Consistently Add To This List)

1.) Graveyard Spawn System

Reason For System:
Make graveyards for each faction to spawn in, including outlaws and commoners.  This would replace the standard EU style teleport door spawns that can easily be spawn camped, but if you dont spawn camp as the attacking faction, the way spawns are set up on most popular maps, the enemy runs past you having spawned INSIDE their castle with 10 second immunity to damage.  I feel that placing spawns within the walls of a castle is a foolish mistake that just leads to headache, so why not try something new?

Concept:
Place graveyard spawns outside the main walls of faction keeps, and generally out of the way of where fighting would be happening.  For instance, behind a castle (see spoiler 1), near a secondary gate to a castle (see spoiler 2), or on a cliff face outside the castle (see spoiler 3).
377CDD50BCC9CF7CDF663FAE90F33460300E5925
B9B9AC5C9502E6C57088BF840F54C20A22704B6F
AA6DE13DAB2B192921715D12B3B4F1C41C3076E1

2.) Mainland <> Island <> Mainland Travel Route (Not Finished)
WIP

3.) Gold Making Zones

(Faction castles/ settlements will have different prices for items that they both have depending on location)
---Altar to the Gods
Pros: Export (gold, silver, or food) as offerings to the Gods for very high reward
Cons: Way the hell out of the way on a cliff
WIP  :fruity:

---Trade Ship
Pros: 1.)Export stockpile items to be sent out on the trade ship for just a little bit more than you would get at nearby faction zones
        2.)Also has low cost imports of items not exportable on the ship
Cons: Only accessible by boat/ship
WIP  :fruity:

---City Market---
Pros: 1.)Easily accessible
        2.) Exotic armor and weapons that cannot be found anywhere else on the map
Cons: 1.)Extremely high Import costs
          2.)Extremely low export reward
WIP :fruity:

---The Pit---
Pros: iron and small iron export point directly adjacent to iron and small iron nodes
Cons: Extremely low export reward
WIP :fruity:

Looks great. Hopefully these get put to good use. The same 4 maps get boring after 5 years  :facepalm:

They look like ****, where's the PW reversion campaign? Who wants to download pre-PW4 and make some servers of the good ole days.

Dystopian said:
They look like ****, where's the PW reversion campaign? Who wants to download pre-PW4 and make some servers of the good ole days.
PW 4.5 is lovely as is.  The only problem with it is the scripts that servers decide to add to the base module :3

Looks nice, but that bridge is a bit stretched. I never make models that big unless its the cauldron and I'm making a lava pit  :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom