Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Joram64

Recruit
Summary: There are two related issues here. First, movement speed calculation variables no longer display correctly in the UI when you hover the mouse over the party speed icon in the lower right hand corner. Some, like the Battanian and Sturgian forest/snow bonuses, as well as night time, forest, and snow penalties will show up. Everything else (i.e. prisoners, footmen on horses, cavalry, high/low moral, wounded troops, disorganization, relevant skill bonuses, ect) do not, although I still believe the game is calculating them. I have done some minor testing, and adding/removing things like prisoners and horses will still change the total party speed. They are all calculated in the Base score now and not shown as separate variables.
Second, the above variables that are no longer displayed sometimes are not calculated by the game, but going into the party screen seams to force the game to recalculate everything an this usually temporarily fixes the issue.
The above issues were created in a game imported from 1.5.6, as well as a new save in beta 1.5.7. No mods.

How to Reproduce: Issue one, start any new game or import any game from a previous patch. Issue two, loading up a new game or entering and leaving a different instance (i.e. battle, tournament, settlement, tavern) tends to break this, but I can't reproduce this one as consistently as the first. When it occurs, however, I can consistently fix it by entering the party menu.

Scene Name (if related): N/A

Media (Screenshots & Video):

Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
GPU Driver Version: 460.79
CPU: 4.00 GHz
RAM: 16 GB

This is especially noticeable when a new party joins your army. I always have to open and close the party screen to refresh the speed display (and possibly the actual speed itself; I can't tell), or else it takes maybe ten seconds to update.

1.5.7 I have noticed this issue also and agree that the speed is still being calculated correctly - it's just that you cannot pinpoint the details. I have also been having lots of crashes when I engage looters on the campaign map. It has happened about 15 times over 5 hours of gameplay since 1.5.7.

This is especially noticeable when a new party joins your army. I always have to open and close the party screen to refresh the speed display (and possibly the actual speed itself; I can't tell), or else it takes maybe ten seconds to update.
Did some more testing. When display is off, it does affect the actual speed until the temporary fix (going to party screen) is applied. If I notice my party moving slower than normal now, it's a sign I need to refresh the speed display. I'm guessing this is what broke when they adjusted the cavalry speed bonus. I'm thinking it might be an easy fix, but we'll see.

Here is the crash log I get when I engage looters on the campaign map 2021-01-15_16.44.08_2768d074472c7edc7273f3a08899d5a5
This crash does not happen every time I engage looters or bandits - only sometimes.

An update: I didn't see anything in the patch notes related to this issue, but the first issue (map speed variables not being displayed) seams to have resolved itself after the last patch. The second issue, which @Will Greaves notes players have been noticing for some time, is still a factor, although it comes up much less frequently for me since the first issue resolved in my saves. Still something to look into.

The QA team informed me that they were unable to reproduce this issue in the most recent version of the game. Can you try to reproduce this issue again in the latest version of the game?

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom