Map + dedicated factions mod idea: The Alamo

Users who are viewing this thread

Kookee2k2

Recruit
The Alamo -

- Siege mode map (possibly GREAT for line battles nites)

- Can '9' infantry DEFEND a siege against 180? (given that ratio for the battle)
=== Wikipedia stats:
Mexico            US
Strength
1800         189
Casualties and losses
600 killed          All
===

approx 20 to 1

- special factions?
-- early American force (1836 era)
-- Mexican Army force (1836 era)

not sure if this would be a NW or N&S idea (given the difference between the two times)

May I remind you of the fact that the defenders of the Alamo fortress were part of the Army of the Republic of Texas, and NOT the US.

at the other hand, would love to see a small Alamo mod. But yeah, BIG historical mistake there.

200px-Grenade_legion.svg.png

Psht. Get on mon niveau, Texans. Ever heard of Camarón?

More then a few to make such a mistake!  :lol:

I'm no expert on the alamo, but I know that they didn't hold the fort for hours after the attack had started. Can 189 men hold against 1800? No, because they didn't. They lost, I recall. :mrgreen:

Looking the weapons and uniforms, this would be a mod for NW. They had brown besses and flintlock rifles, didn't they? And those mexican uniforms sure looked...French :razz: (Alltrough I take my image of uniforms from the 2004 movie  :wink: )

I don't think that a five minute battle could be fun. Maybe increasing the ratio would help instead of them being outnumbered 20 to 1.

Vicccard said:
I'm no expert on the alamo, but I know that they didn't hold the fort for hours after the attack had started. Can 189 men hold against 1800? No, because they didn't. They lost, I recall. :mrgreen:

they held from February 23 – March 6, 13 days

13 days of which the Mexian forces did nothing. When the attack eventually started - it was over in a few hours.

The Alamo:

The map works perfectly within our mod and we have no problems with the accuracy of the rifles :smile:
Together with the new updater tool, we could easily add Texas and Mexico as a faction for an alamo event. We have all the models for it :wink:

2012100100004.jpg

2012100100006.jpg

Vicccard said:
13 days of which the Mexian forces did nothing. When the attack eventually started - it was over in a few hours.

Yup, the first serious attack they fell in short order.

I still wonder why the Mexians decided to wait for 13 days. Sure, 1 or 2 to make ladders and bombard them...But 13? Waiste of time.

Because Santa Anna was a fool, regarded as such even by his own men. He somehow managed to wait both too long and not long enough by not attacking immediately when they had the element of surprise, nor waiting long enough for his artillery to arrive.

And yet he managed to get himself to power over and over again. Maybe all his attention went to politics?

Not that I know much about the military and political happenings in Mexico and South-America in the period 1800-1840. Really... Very little.

Docm30 said:
Because Santa Anna was a fool, regarded as such even by his own men. He somehow managed to wait both too long and not long enough by not attacking immediately when they had the element of surprise, nor waiting long enough for his artillery to arrive.
Completely off topic; however, I love the Christmassy avatar, Docm.

EgoisticPenny said:
Docm30 said:
Completely off topic; however, I love the Christmassy avatar, Docm.

We all do!

Back
Top Bottom