Map Concept: Arabia

Users who are viewing this thread

Austro

Master Knight
This is mearly a concept, this may or may not be worked upon depending on public interest in it and if I can even get a mapper for it:razz: if you're interested in working on this map after reading the concept please PM me :smile: Please note that I know this doesn't really fit the theme of the mod, however, I do not want this mod to be stuck in the America only bubble, I see a lot of interesting areas we can explore, all in all, this mod has a lot of potential outside North America.

Arabia%20concept.jpg

Map Name: Arabia

Map Size: Largest Possible

Map Layout: Mostly flatish desert with large sand dunes and mountainous areas in the middle

Map Lore: Desperate colonists searching for valuable resources have settled in a very troubled land. They are caught in the middle of two titanic rivalries between the Ottoman Empire and the Sarranid Sultanate. Both fight for control over the resource rich weapons depot that is surrounded by large sand dunes and desert mountains. All the while brutal and merciless bandits frequently raid trade routes and cause havoc wherever they can.

I will be posting more specifics on each faction tomorrow, however, I should note that if this map does begin development it will probably be released after Beta3.2 when all PW items are unlimited stock and we may possibly add camels :razz:

I also want the community to be rest assured that I am not de-railing this mod into something that it's not. Currently, Lions may or may not be working on another summer map that is focused on performance (depending on his schedule) I fully understand most players want to only play in North America with Natives included, however, I thought this map may add some fun, unique variety to our map rotation which needs...to be honest some more content :razz:

Lastly, this overhead view may seem a bit symmetrical, however, in game with hills, sand dunes and mountains it will not be noticeable at all.

Bravo! Every map should start as a concept, +5 points just for that. Let's polish it a bit now.

Could be a cool map to play on as Ottomans/Egyptians! Although gotta be careful not to make it all too similar and monotonous.
The Camels shall ride!!! o_O

Looks interesting but have to agree with Nik, alot of empty space is what is making people bored of the current map, they need hills and forests to explore! :smile:

If there are some new arabic themed items I might consider thinking this could be good. Not really liking the idea of it at the moment though, it just seems like it'll be even less dynamic than Great Plains. Oh well, I could be wrong and it could be the greatest map ever, but I'd love to maybe see the natives replaced with some raider camp's that are still Arabic themed. Kind of like Guerrilla fighters, or nomads. Maybe put them up in the mountains. Note, I don't mean to make them bandits, their they're own individual factions replacing the native slots, but instead of a fort guarding them they have the mountainous terrain.

Back
Top Bottom