Management of companion armies - problems and suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

MrProBono

Recruit
I am far into my playthrough at the moment and can support three companion armies of ~140 soldiers. The problem is that during wartime they join other lords armies at the immediate outset of a war, often get captured and leave my fiefs open to constant raiding. This has the effect of ruining prosperity which leads to starvation as well as wasting quality troops that I assign them.

I have been thinking of ways in which companion armies can be controlled. I was thinking of something like a set of options/commands that can be on the clan party screen that determines the freedoms the parties should have. Options such as "Raid enemy villages", "Can join the army of other lords", "Engage enemy armies", "Engage bandits only". Being able to set parameters on what your companion armies can do I think will allow for greater strategic play and improve prosperity of lands you own, which in most playthroughs will always be on borderlands with rival kingdoms.

What do you think?

note: I am not a developer so while these changes are conceivable on the interface whether or not it can be done on the back-end is another thing entirely.

This came up earlier.

You mean they donate their troops isnt it? You should gain influence for this. More influence for better troops.

About topic yes you should have more control over your companion parties and it is planned and will be implemented in future.
Ok. We can add several options for your parties. This can solve problem.

-enable raids
-enable other hostile actions (attacking villagers / caravans)
-enable donating troops

There is more in that thread, I just picked out the first two posts for brevity's sake.

Back
Top Bottom