SP Native Malik Faris's Companions and Native Enhancement [1.166]

Users who are viewing this thread

welp i made more progress towards getting free available "ladies" for you to marry.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i think i might actually be getting closer.

and on a side note, i have no ****ing clue what i'm doing while trying this, i'm just figuring it out as i go along, experimenting with whatever seems like it might work.

Malik Faris said:
welp i made more progress towards getting free available "ladies" for you to marry.

:shock: That is one ugly 7 year old! Is it a glandular thing? Reverse Gary Coleman disease?  :shock:

:smile:

Malik Faris said:
maybe agustina too cause the flintlock does retarded insane damage... and will pierce thru a guys shield, kill him, and then break the guy behind him's shield.... but shes not very accurate.

Wows.
I SO want to try this mod, but I dont want to give up my saved game. "cries"
I just have to win so I can start again!

Indra said:
Malik Faris said:
maybe agustina too cause the flintlock does retarded insane damage... and will pierce thru a guys shield, kill him, and then break the guy behind him's shield.... but shes not very accurate.

Wows.
I SO want to try this mod, but I dont want to give up my saved game. "cries"
I just have to win so I can start again!
wait a couple days cause i'm about to add a ton more lords again.

I am not sure if this has been reported, but i tried this version plus the version combined with deplomacy both seem to have a problem with the mission bring the cattle. When you fetch a cattle for a village and return with it and try to talk to a village elder to complete the mission i get an instant RGL error and my crashes back to desktop.

dzorro said:
I am not sure if this has been reported, but i tried this version plus the version combined with deplomacy both seem to have a problem with the mission bring the cattle. When you fetch a cattle for a village and return with it and try to talk to a village elder to complete the mission i get an instant RGL error and my crashes back to desktop.

I just tested that out in both the native and diplomacy copies of my mod, and i didn't get any errors when doing the cattle mission.

most likely means you changed something about the game with another mod, or your not using version 1.127 of M&B:W.

or your native files got fudged up somewhere and you need to reinstall warband.

This is great, but is there a way to make it more mod merging friendly? I'm a noob so It's probably my mistake but when I try to add other things into this mod I end up messing it up.

Shar said:
Joan has huge eyes.

i tried to make her look as young as possible, so i gave her big bright eyes, joan of arc died when she was 19, and she had been imprissoned for like 1+ year(s) before that.

Fearelement said:
This is great, but is there a way to make it more mod merging friendly? I'm a noob so It's probably my mistake but when I try to add other things into this mod I end up messing it up.

My mod is pretty mod friendly, but only to modders themselves, there is no way for me to really make it more end user mod friendly, but i did make a pretty big notice that my mod isnt mod friendly on the first page.

version .95 update.

added midgrade lords, unique titles, more strong warriors, the rest covered in the changelog and you can see the new guys on the front page.

most new guys dont have any unique ness yet, but like all my new companions, i add unique dialog slowly over time. its the hardest part really, thinking up interesting stories for these guys.

Malik, I've been trying for days to figure out the python files. Can you possibley merge your mod with this one? http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127802.0.html It shouldn't be different than your diplomacy merge.

Hi all!
I was thinking that, if it is possible, would be more interesting that some of companions could join after defeating them in battles, something that they lead marauding armies . Also, for lords would be nice some lord-hunting quests.
ty, nice mod

Thanks for the latest upgrade and still loving the companions, diplomacy just goes with them perfectly. :grin:

Quote: from Malik Faris
Possible ideas:
Your "family", i.e. younger/older brother/sister/cousin who followed you to Calradia, they like you so they remain loyal. Only problem is unless your character was a "white" person they may not look exactly like you. Thoughts on this idea would be appreciated.

Malik, They could be half bro/sis same mother but different father or orphans due to war your parents took in and are as much bro/sis to you as if true blood.

New poll.
Edit: you can change your votes with this poll if you want, but you only get 1 vote. lasts for 1 week.

Well, i learned how to add new troops/factions which means i can give those two teutonic knight characters (and future unique orders/religions maybe) get special unique troops when made into lords. only problem is you the player wont be able to recruit them.

They would have troop trees similar to this:

Pilgrim->Zealot->Footman->Dismounted Knight
                        \              \Knight
                        Crossbowman

potential downsides is that i might have to create factions that die on day one, because they troop trees, but no cities or anything. (still testing)

thoughts and opinions on this would be appreciated.

and yeah its pretty obvious from the old poll that people want moralities for lords.

unknown3056 said:
lol, it's getting easier for you aint it Malik? :wink:

making companions? yes. writing dialog for companions? no. learning more about mod making overall? yes. i've now reached the point where i'm considering doing something greater than just adding companions, but that's still a ways off, and still all i'd be able to do would be rearrange/rename things/alot of things that begin with "re".

I have ideas/"who they are"s for most of the new guys i created, it's just the writing it down that's hard.

Just a thought - and it's obviously up to you - but if it was me I'd stay away from giving any of the characters real-life affiliations. Perhaps your Teutonic/Hospitaller types could follow those ideologies in concept but under a fictional name. It just feels weird to me for RL and Calradian histories to converge like that. For instance, Geroia is a "real" place in the Calradian universe, referenced by a couple of the native NPCs (if I recall correctly). So perhaps one of your knightly orders could be the Knight Brotherhood of Geroia, or something. And I believe (though I'm not a history expert like many of the members here) that both Orders were founded around hospitals in the Holy Land - perhaps one or both of your orders' backstories could begin deep within or beyond the Sarranid deserts, or something. Then again, I don't know just how much of the religious/holy war aspect you're looking at implementing within your characters' stories, as native Calradia is fairly non-religious. Barring that, you could just make something up - the Order of Saint [fictional name], or something.

Or you could keep them as Teutons and Hospitallers, of course. Just my two pence. :razz: Either way, I'm still very impressed by your work, and excited to see where it leads you.

Back
Top Bottom