SP Native Malik Faris's Companions and Native Enhancement [1.166]

Users who are viewing this thread

Great mod. Very nice work with the back stories.

I'm looking forward to the updated merge with Diplomancy with it being updated now.

That's the call i waited for :smile: time to raise a new army and claim calradia as its rightfull king :smile:

edit: is it intentional that Yareb the Mamluke with the drinking problem joins you for free ?

Folkzweise said:
That's the call i waited for :smile: time to raise a new army and claim calradia as its rightfull king :smile:

edit: is it intentional that Yareb the Mamluke with the drinking problem joins you for free ?

hehehe, yeah it is. His conversation with you is supposed be a bunch of slured talk, him falling asleep(zzzz) and then going "Tshanks for tha denars letsh go!"

Very fantastic mod! But the tier 2 unit of the Order of the Raven is not such a good idea (Warriors Widows). I mean leveling male pilgrims up to women, and those women back to male Footmen or Crossbowmen is somewhat strange. Please make them male units as well.

mailor said:
Very fantastic mod! But the tier 2 unit of the Order of the Raven is not such a good idea (Warriors Widows). I mean leveling male pilgrims up to women, and those women back to male Footmen or Crossbowmen is somewhat strange. Please make them male units as well.

"Technically" tier 1 and tier 2 units arent all "actually" members of the order for roleplay purposes (except lion militia, wolf pikemen) and the orders troops really start at the footmen and crossbowmen, but its easier to have a balanced upgrade tree with very weak starting units that get better over time, as opposed to starting at mid grade power units. so the individual "pilgrims" dont become merchant cavalry, and then footmen, just that persons spot in the army is "replaced" by someone else.

Oops sorry haven't read this... Anyway, is there an easy way to modifiy this by myself via editing one of the files (just to change their gender), because I don't like it anyway... Thanks for the fast reply though!

not thru the text files that i can think of, and still that wouldnt really solve anything, then youd have a bunch male "widows" wearing dresses, and their faces would all be messed up because that unit uses female faces to generate them.

Malik Faris said:
not thru the text files that i can think of, and still that wouldnt really solve anything, then youd have a bunch male "widows" wearing dresses, and their faces would all be messed up because that unit uses female faces to generate them.

HAHA! Would be funny though.

I have another question now: The new orders will be part of the companions mod or is this modular? I would actually suggest to make this "Orders" a stand alone mod, that could be easily merged with the companion mod. To be honest, I really would like to see the finished version of your companion mod (as you said 1.00 will be final) WITHOUT the orders. Don't get me wrong, I love the orders idea, but although you have a very plausbile explanation for the gender swapping thing in the Raven's order, this annoys me so much to the point that I'd rather have them NOT implemented (yes, I am somewhat strange). In addition, very often many mods that have a great concept (like yours) start out great, and over time become huge monsters of collected features that don't really fit together.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

i really do agree with you there, i need to stop adding things and finish what i started. i did seriously consider keeping the orders seperate, but the problem is, i cant tell people how to add them into text files because i dont mod the text files. also if i finish my companions mod, then i can move onto other things, which i have been thinking about.

One possible solution would be to make two releases - one with just the companions (might be easiest to kill the unique troops idea, and give the knight NPCs a dialogue option like "one day, when I'm rich, I'll open up a new chapter house" and then treat them as normal NPCs), which you could release'n'forget, and then you could implement them into your Orders of Knighthood mod (which is really what it's shaping up to be - a full-fledged mod). It'd be a bit more work for you, but that way people who wanted just the companions with no frills could have them, and you wouldn't have to worry about figuring out how to teach the masses how to merge the two parts together.

I noticed when I recruit Nords, the warrior line is getting replaced with the Raven line on normal upgrades. From the text, I dont think this is intended?

Scytal said:
I noticed when I recruit Nords, the warrior line is getting replaced with the Raven line on normal upgrades. From the text, I dont think this is intended?

**** **** your right, i made a slight snafu in that the raven faction's 3rd tier unit has the same reference name as the nords 2nd tier faction unit, fix coming tonight.

Hey Malik,

First I'd like to thank you for putting up that tutorial on how to add companions.
The problem is that I've added 100 companions and now they don't seem to die in the battlefield.
Is it a problem in the game engine or would it be something I messed up in the script?

what do you mean they dont seem to die?
like what level are they/how much strength+ironflesh and what kind of armor did you give them?
theres alot of things you can do to make your companions semi-invincible.
do you have friends damage set to 1/2?
have you tried shooting them with arrows?

I equipped myself with a flintlock pistol and shoot them in the face multiple times. They fall on the floor as if you struck them really hard with a 2h sword, but get back up with full HP.
I reset all companion's levels to level 1. STR and ironflesh are random among some companions. Are there limits I should abide to? Equipment seems normal apart that they have tournament armor and shields.
Friend damage is set to normal.
I can see their HP because I have Custom Commander as my main mod. I've added 18 companions before I added the extra 82 and everything seemed to be working fine.
I have the original 16 NPCs + 100 added ones. This is my basic added troop:

Cavalry
  ["npc39","XXXX", "XXXX", tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0, reserved, fac_commoners, [itm_sword_two_handed_b,itm_red_tourney_armor,itm_nomad_boots,itm_saddle_horse], str_10|agi_8|int_5|cha_5|level(1), wp(30), knows_warrior_npc|knows_ironflesh_2|knows_power_strike_2|knows_weapon_master_2|knows_riding_2, 0x000000000008000135649a16db6a420300000000001cb65a0000000000000000],

Horse Archer
  ["npc75","XXXX", "XXXX", tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0, reserved, fac_commoners, [itm_nomad_boots,itm_saddle_horse,itm_hunting_bow,itm_arrows,itm_dagger,itm_green_tourney_armor], str_8|agi_10|int_5|cha_5|level(1), wp(30), knows_warrior_npc|knows_weapon_master_2|knows_riding_2|knows_power_draw_2|knows_horse_archery_1, 0x000000003e0c2004555336e59996995400000000001da6dc0000000000000000],

Infantry
  ["npc93","XXXXX", "XXXXX", tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0, reserved, fac_commoners, [itm_sword_viking_1,itm_gold_tourney_armor,itm_nomad_boots,itm_arena_shield_yellow], str_9|agi_9|int_5|cha_5|level(1), wp(30), knows_warrior_npc|knows_weapon_master_2|knows_ironflesh_2|knows_power_strike_2|knows_athletics_2, 0x00000000130c0014132bd75b098e48f600000000001da2de0000000000000000],

Archer
  ["npc115","XXXXX", "XXXXX", tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0, reserved, fac_commoners, [itm_nomad_boots,itm_blue_tourney_armor,itm_dagger,itm_hunting_bow,itm_arrows], str_8|agi_10|int_5|cha_5|level(1), wp(30), knows_warrior_npc|knows_weapon_master_2|knows_athletics_3|knows_power_draw_2, 0x0000000a3f0c0185249cdebb3c8d596500000000001e39590000000000000000],

The coding for each troop is in one line as I used Morgh's Mod Tools to aid in troop editing.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm going back to class though so I'll be back later.

well, i doubt it has anything to do with the companions, maybe custom commander is broken somewhere.
editing companions shouldnt affect battle hp.
maybe using morghs tools could have messed it up to *shrug*

Back
Top Bottom