SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Make aging an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

That's exactly what I'm trying to achieve. To let them know, to notice this, to spread this.

I was talking to MArdA from the Community Support and even with one of the Global Moderators. They kindly responded that they don't know anything about this in particular, just their opinion on this matter. But who knows, it's still in early access.

Update: I heard I'd be optional at one point so let us wait

A game should be played how you want to play it. Aging is fine, so long as it's an option. Punishing you for turning it off is just silly. I personally don't care for the death by aging option. However, I can respect others who may want it.

Best solution is to just make it optional.

Source? I've only read a Q&A excerpt (supposedly) where Callum said it MIGHT be optional.

I meant "it would be optional" like it could be. Can't post any PM's here but he bassicaly said what Callum said in Q&A. This is the best answer we can get anyways lol.

Just as a thought, there have been games I played where aging stops at a certain age. Everyone ages to a certain age and then they stop. Death is caused by war, disease, disasters. Personally, I like just spending time in games like Warband and Bannerlord. The aging factor kinda ruins that.

A second option might be something like Story Mode and Sandbox Mode.

Story Mode can have linear quest. Sandbox, no story driven quest, only quests to fight bandits, rescue specific person, find lost item, and so on. Then you can play as a mercenary or try to run your own kingdom.

I conquered all of Calridia in 10 years at age 40. My kid was only 6 years old so I left the game on full speed for a few hours while I slept. Kid's still 16 and not of age yet.

Ageing is way too slow at the current rate, I mean who starts off as a peasant and then 10 years later conquers the world. Should take 2-3 generations minimum, 100+ years, not 10. Democracy of trolls and idiots.

Last edited:
I played for what seemed like not very long and apparently aged out of being able to marry. I agree that it would be nice to either be able to start younger (30 seems far too old to start anyway) or control the rate at which we age so we don't have to rush our way into the old ball and chain.

I conquered all of Calridia in 10 years at age 40. My kid was only 6 years old so I left the game on full speed for a few hours while I slept. Kid's still 16 and not of age yet.

Ageing is way too slow at the current rate, I mean who starts off as a peasant and then 10 years later conquers the world. Should take 2-3 generations minimum, 100+ years, not 10. Democracy of trolls and idiots.
Playing more and more I can agree, however. When I start my character I want to start at 18. Or choose my starting age, and I want to be able to speed up the age my kids grow up to maturity. And Now I have like 50 kids. So that needs tuned also. At this point though. The starting age needs to be lowered or to be chosen. I actually think the aging is fine for the player but the game world moves to fast for it. And the child ages to be raised by 4 each year until 16 at least.

You guys are all flipping out over nothing. STOP. The age model is easily moddable i have already made a personal mode that changes it. This is the default values btw that taleworld has put in.

public class DefaultAgeModel : AgeModel
{
public override int BecomeInfantAge
{
get
{
return 3;
}
}

public override int BecomeChildAge
{
get
{
return 6;
}
}

public override int BecomeTeenagerAge
{
get
{
return 14;
}
}

public override int HeroComesOfAge
{
get
{
return 18;
}
}

public override int BecomeOldAge
{
get
{
return 47;
}
}

public override int MaxAge
{
get
{
return 128;
}
}
}
}

MAX age is currently 128. If you start at age 30, thats approx 8232 ingame days to play before you expire at the ripe age of a 128. Im in the process of fixing some bugs with this mod that makes children become of age at 4, instead of 18... so they can become useful companions sooner. However having some issues with their character model not reflecting their game behavior..

Last edited:
I have no desire to play as a series of different people in a Mount and Blade game, and hope there's eventually an option to turn this aging "feature" off entirely. Being moddable is nice and all, but I think the option to turn it off should exist in the base game.

What? No, you age about three times slower than you should.

As things stand, you never see yourself get old and die. You never see your kids grow up to take your place.

They need to accelerate ageing. If you don't like this feature, go back to Warband.

As things stand, you never see yourself get old and die. You never see your kids grow up to take your place.

They need to accelerate ageing. If you don't like this feature, go back to Warband.
It's early access, nothing is set in stone.

If you don't like other people voicing their opinions, then maybe stay off the forum.

currently the campaign is not balanced. Supposedly it should last for a few decades, hence your character ageing and the kids growth rate as is. Once they patch the snowballing effect and you continue to play beyond 1100 we can see if its too fast or too slow.

the other aspect is just how mandatory or optional this should be for players. Opt in, always there, or not? This is a good discussion for the coming months.

It's early access, nothing is set in stone.

If you don't like other people voicing their opinions, then maybe stay off the forum.

The ageing feature is a core component of Bannerlord that sets it apart from Warband, and this suggestion seeks to make it less significant.

I would suggest that the people who want to play Warband stay off this forum and enjoy their completed game. You have countless mods and spinoffs too.

Bannerlord is moving in a different direction, and its intention is clearly not to be a prettier Warband (as some seem to have hoped).

currently the campaign is not balanced. Supposedly it should last for a few decades, hence your character ageing and the kids growth rate as is. Once they patch the snowballing effect and you continue to play beyond 1100 we can see if its too fast or too slow.

the other aspect is just how mandatory or optional this should be for players. Opt in, always there, or not? This is a good discussion for the coming months.

If there is a way to allow adjusting the rate of a month in-game, then that would be the best solution for everyone.

If this is not possible, however (or if it would lead to problems and limitations elsewhere), then the devs are going to have to choose between the wishes of people who want to live their character's life in about 10-20hrs of gameplay and move on to the next generation, and of those who do not want to age at all. In the end, the feature is either a major part of the game, or it is basically useless.

It doesn't seem like something that's easy to make optional, and the importance of the ageing feature is going to decide whether Bannerlord ultimately ends up being an RPG sandbox where you level your character to max and "win" in the end, or a dynamic medieval storytelling sandbox. The wishes of both groups of players do not seem compatible, and Taleworlds is going to have a tough time walking the tightrope between them.

Back
Top Bottom