Make a new type of cavalry behaviour?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi there. This is maybe not a bug, but a way to make some special units have better AI considering their equipment. The simplest cavalry ai are the ones with only 1 melee weapon on there or 2, like the banner champion from vlandia (just charge and they did their function), they work as properly. But what about the aserai faris for example?
They are considered like a shock cavalry with throwing weapons. Thats a cool concept, but their behaviour is not good enough to the potential they have. They act like a skirmish unit in charge mode (moving around, like a horse archer) until they depleted their ammo.
Then i had this idea: why those units needs to keep skirmishing instead of charge and THROW the spear before the impact for make a kill, then swap the weapon to the spear while keep the course of the charge?. In rts games (like one historical famous game im not gonna say its name), their cavalry throw their spears before the charge, making really devastating casualities.

In my personal experience, i had lots of fun running in front of lots of looters, throwing my spear and looking the brutal animation of getting spear´d at high speed and then kill another one with the melee spear.
Its a cool concept they should at least consider guys! and i think its easy to implement! (maybe?) Keep up the work guys, you are great!

Back
Top Bottom