Main Thread - 3.0 released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Gathan bows are ****ing scary. I was taking back Hid-Sha Re , well trained with an army of 120 or so.A mix of Armored Pikemen (with 20 Palace Halberdiers) Heavy infantry for muskets, and Cuirassiers for cavalry. this was against an army of about 50. after having my Muskets use all their ammo. I had my pikes and cavalry move in. all of them were slaughtered at the gate. I took cover and ordered my muskets to charge in as I tried to distract the archers on their flank. the muskets were nearly all killed, I was knocked out. it came down to one Musketeer standing. ONE!.

**** I love this mod.

Waka The Fox said:
Gathan bows are **** scary. I was taking back Hid-Sha Re , well trained with an army of 120 or so.A mix of Armored Pikemen (with 20 Palace Halberdiers) Heavy infantry for muskets, and Cuirassiers for cavalry. this was against an army of about 50. after having my Muskets use all their ammo. I had my pikes and cavalry move in. all of them were slaughtered at the gate. I took cover and ordered my muskets to charge in as I tried to distract the archers on their flank. the muskets were nearly all killed, I was knocked out. it came down to one Musketeer standing. ONE!.

**** I love this mod.

Bow fur life.

By the way, kind of sad not to see Gathan modern troops :sad:

Holy crap!  The modern soldiers shoot so much faster now!  Instead of just the revolvers and guard rifles having "magazines", it looks like a lot of the new model firearms are also breech loading/semi automatic???  Also, Ellith gets a shotgun/blunderbuss in custom battles???

Man, its hard to picture older armies competing with these new modern ones.  For each old model musket volley, the new models will probably get off like 4-6.  I feel like your best shot would be to bait modern troops to waste their ammo at long range bc at closer ranges, its basically a constant blanket of gunfire.

Terrain might give you the edge required to beat modern troops with bow-and-spear armies. Shortening the amount of fire they can give and minimalizing the time it takes for melee troops to reach the enemy seems to be the only way to beat them.

Well, I'm a Sayazn lord now.

inDBVsi.jpg

While defending a recently captured Gathan City from being taken back, my Pikemen had their revenge. My army of 150 (about 50 or so pikemen) defended this gate against an army of over 400. we lost 40, mostly wounded thankfully, I had to move my Guard Cuirassiers up to reinforce the pikes near the end. but we won.

(kind of wish I could make it so all the corpses stayed without too much lag as alot vanished)
EgpbWd9.jpg

Besides not having shoes (which I assume will be fixed) will we get more customization with custom regiments? E.G. lances, carbines, pistols and rifles for cav, all smallarms in-game available for musketeers, grenades, and spears and shields for pike regiments. Overall more uniforms, if possible, would be a nice but honestly not needed improvement too.

PLEASE fix the village spawn glitch. Battles and training quests always spawn where the Nervous man likes to hang out in bounties. The training peasants get trapped in the building so you have to go all around, and the worst part being battles where it turns into a gigantic brawl because everyone spawns in the same place.

Edit: The glitch where you try to leave w/o renting a boat and it immediately brings you back to the rent menu is tstill there too

Edit 2: The arena fights spawn you in the ceiling and you automatically lose

Even with the bugs, good god I am so loving this. I managed to get in the good graces of the Captain of the Guard, Khalkim. I serve in his army as Sayaznid Nobleman for now. we are now dealing with Kumind fort, and now Khalahar itself!. Khaldim with their upstart queen has taken Tusha Re from our provinces as well as it's villages. Kasthind has taken Ashmanna too. I will do all I can for My Commander, My Country and My Shah.

Edit: right after I post this, I was given command of a small regiment (what I call the mercenary mechanic) time to get to work.

Edit 2: I lead the seige of the capital. and now not only do I get lordship but the Shah gave me the Capital aswell O_O

Jacobhinds said:
Just so everyone knows:

Jacobhinds said:
There's a file in the main mod directory which lists all the current hotkeys.

T = Form Square
O = Toggle Battle UI (e.g. item and troop name popups)
V = Cheer / Play Instrument
Z = Crouch

Can these be altered? I like my first-person toggle as V ;-;

549 in Warband I still don't understand this game. How is it that I'm I have a default -4 rep everywhere? Is raiding villages causing that too? Every now and then I see that my bandit level has decreased, but it's not doing anything for me in that I still can't recruit troops. How on Earth am I to make money in the early game if I:

a) Get paid so little for guild master/vassal quests.
b) Can't profit off many of these quests since they involve going from one end of the map to the other and having to pay for food.
c) Can't raid because it locks me out of recruitment and thus maintaining a band that can complete quests.
d) Can't have businesses because they're always getting destroyed by the highly fluctuating nature of factional borders.

Strangely enough I can't even recruit bandits anymore. Quite the quandary.

Hello, is there any way to customize the troops? I already become a lord, but I can't find the troops customization option in it

Back
Top Bottom