Main Thread - 3.0 released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for the bug report! I'll fix them when I'm back (i managed to get internet out here, I'm in rural china).

KhivalrousBear said:
-Woah, Gashajin troops are really... really armored
I made them way back in November when i didn't quite understand armour values. But I've never felt a need to balance them; their musketmen are terrible so you can counter them with practically anyone's muskets. The only issue i had was playing as the ishtar factions because they have bows and no pikemen. Even zanj ishtar is pretty garbage on that front. And since gashajin can pump out fully armoured pikemen and cavalry, swords aren't going to do much. I considered justifying it with "ahh, gashajin is easy mode for noobs", but if more people complain in future I'll make them a bit squishier.

Just before i left i implemented a dialogue tree where you try to convice the emperor of ishtar to adopt specifically anti-gashajin musket armies. He makes a decision based on his situation and a few other things, and if he agrees he becomes a decent counter to them. I've done similar things to other factions that can happen without player input.

Second, Gathan really need some territories.

Yeah, i know. They started as a single spread out faction which i split into two without adding any more cities. The issue is that they're a hard counter to sayazn and can rek them in those southern plains. Playing as them was pretty fun if i say so myself - 80% ranged cavalry armies vs slow pikes and muskets is hilarious. And sayazn has enough on its plate anyway. So i left them small. The issue is when someone else declares war on them and they get roflstomped in sieges, unable to resupply. Autoresolve really does suck. I might give them some more castles in the southeast, let'em duke it out with kasthind and tosha ishtar. (But no cities. Full blown cities for nomads, especially when I'm increasing the scale of scenes, feels wrong to me).

And i see you using cheat mode, you naughty boy!

jacobhinds said:
Thanks for the bug report! I'll fix them when I'm back (i managed to get internet out here, I'm in rural china).

KhivalrousBear said:
snippy, and goodluck to you :wink:
"snip"

"snip"

snip

And i see you using cheat mode, you naughty boy!
-Alright I now understand because, i find it out also in character's background that gashajin is mostly industry.. Well dat, is why

-Holy crap it'll rock those gashajin dudes, it's probably just sayaznid and other unarmored troops that get pwned by ishtar archers (those hadra longbowmen, they got my respect lol :shock:)

-And yes! i just realize how mounted troops will pwn some troops especially sayaznid troops (they are really unarmored, well shucks)

-Cheat mode yeahhh pre release yeahhh  :razz:
EDIT VVV
If i remember correctly, Jaitun (companion) and Azir (companion too, it's behavior is like Firentis) was naked when i found em

Holy Crapp!!!! This one involve CRASH to desktop!
8yud5Mz.png
It happened when i was fighting bandits (experimenting, cheatmode lol) at a village of umm, crap i forgot.. It's one of Kasthind's village fief
AND perhaps it has no problem on directx 9? cause i play on directx 7 to prevent lag from huge troop size

jacobhinds said:
I've had that crash before, it's caused by unfinished scenes. Don't worry about it.
Alrighty, i had that feeling that it was the scenes :lol:
Edit: can you add that, ugh i don't know the name but that script which allows you to tell orders to your men exactly when you die? it's quite annoying when you die with fire at my command, they are so unprofessional! just sittin there doin nothin :mrgreen:

Heyy what's boeshien doin in one of the mod folder hahah! Your desire for modding is truly awesome Sir Jacob :grin:

I played the prerelease and the release from way back when, and I've got to say, the combat has improved a LOT. I'm excited to see what can be done in the future.

The revolutionaries are really OP in my view  :shock: . They have faster to reload rifles that are even more accurate  :eek:

And yes, does anyone know exactly why the game just starts to lag on the world map? It doesn't even take much time before it start's lagging. It always start to lag right after i shut the message about the Revolutionaries and all that.

Really good mod , it's a very  good idea!

I've to suggest only one thing.
Because Sayzan faction rely heavly on the number and his regular soldier aren't that good , i think you should make faster the upgrade to Pikeman and arquebus.

I suggest to change the Urban militia to the spear armed militia so you recruit them already as militiamen and they can become easier a soldier. This because they need to be in great number, they have no armor and their train is not that difficult instead of a Ghorzam tribesman!

:ps: What is the faction description of Revoultioners? :razz:

Benjamin_von_Hamburg said:
The revolutionaries are really OP in my view  :shock: . They have faster to reload rifles that are even more accurate  :eek:

And yes, does anyone know exactly why the game just starts to lag on the world map? It doesn't even take much time before it start's lagging. It always start to lag right after i shut the message about the Revolutionaries and all that.

I think they are so good cause they start without a town, so they have also a big problem.

Legionary said:
Really good mod , it's a very  good idea!

I've to suggest only one thing.
Because Sayzan faction rely heavly on the number and his regular soldier aren't that good , i think you should make faster the upgrade to Pikeman and arquebus.

I suggest to change the Urban militia to the spear armed militia so you recruit them already as militiamen and they can become easier a soldier. This because they need to be in great number, they have no armor and their train is not that difficult instead of a Ghorzam tribesman!

I made their upgrade times long because the end of their troop tree includes the best musketmen, pikemen and (in some situations) cavalry in the early game. So if you can hold out and pay the high upkeep, you get a stronger core of men than anyone else can bring the the field.

About the realistic casualties that kivalrousbear mentioned, that's a good idea. 90% death rates every time a large battle happens is sort of unsustainable. So I'll add my own version of that (credit brytenwalda for the idea), and then make soldiers a bit harder to obtain (i tried semi-balancing it by letting you recruit dozens of men at a time, but low casualty rates are better in a number of ways). That'd make campaigns a bit longer, because right now all the lords are boxed in around the crossroads at the map's centre, and get caught in huge battles with all their allies straight away.

The realistic casualties will also mean that autoresolve doesn't mess up the game as much, or at least, not as quickly. Playing the game in infinite camp mode (undisturbed campaign progression), it's silly how fast everyone is whittled down to fruitfly armies.

jacobhinds said:
snip

About the realistic casualties that kivalrousbear mentioned, that's a good idea. 90% death rates every time a large battle happens is sort of unsustainable. So I'll add my own version of that (credit brytenwalda for the idea), and then make soldiers a bit harder to obtain (i tried semi-balancing it by letting you recruit dozens of men at a time, but low casualty rates are better in a number of ways). That'd make campaigns a bit longer, because right now all the lords are boxed in around the crossroads at the map's centre, and get caught in huge battles with all their allies straight away.

The realistic casualties will also mean that autoresolve doesn't mess up the game as much, or at least, not as quickly. Playing the game in infinite camp mode (undisturbed campaign progression), it's silly how fast everyone is whittled down to fruitfly armies.
Yes! It will give my party a little help :razz: . guys.. Go get a wound treatment dude!

And by the way, the campaign is pretty much playable now.. except that items on merchant is quite messed up with native items(?) And some towns scenes are not done yet, i dont think you can siege them yet. Unfinished scene!

And about that dialogue of speaking to Ishtar king about anti gashajin muskets, what about the qara sha too? They look pretty primitive lol

GLITCH, or a BUG? Nah, when you travel and try to pass the river.. There's this boat menu asking to pay you money, you can refuse to buy or rent a ship and there will be a short period of time of you in the world map travelling between the river.. keep pressing it and eventually you are on the other side of the river

Ah! one more thing! i tried to tweak your mod with tweakmb but it crashed because yours have big values, i'd love if you somehow allow some folks to edit the mod to their liking :wink:

I've been busting my butt trying to solve that bug but I came up with a solution just before I left: at the moment, there's a ten minute "trigger" that fires every ten minutes of game time (about a second in real time), and if you're crossing water it bring up the menu. I wanted to give players the opportunity to leave if they couldn't pay, but that led to the bug you mentioned.
Now, you can't leave the menu. You can either promise to pay later (10% interest per week), or, if you have enough money to pay your current debt, they take the money from you anyway. That way i can make the trigger fire every frame of game time (instantly), and make the process seamless. Solved!
Although sucks for people who've accumulated 20,000 in debt and accidentally go on a sea tile. Their fault.

Someone on /mbg/ mentioned that the traversible sea tiles stick out too much. That's not intentional: they're actually exactly the same "material" as the normal sea (should show up the same), but for hardcode reasons, the seams only disappear when you disable "fast water reflections" in the menu. Might even be driver issues.

one question, will there be any religions in this game, Religion allways exist even if its a fantasy its the human way. But anyways wwill there be in further realeases

masterborn12 said:
one question, will there be any religions in this game, Religion allways exist even if its a fantasy its the human way. But anyways wwill there be in further realeases
Mmh, it would be nice.. Maybe mixed troops that have different religions will have dropped morale.. Ishtar won't make it easy for you if you have gashajin troops lol

And jacob, if you hold a bow or any throwing weapons while crouching.. it will play the animation of aiming musket

Mah , we are in the time of Revolutions , and industrialazation , religion is in second place , i think is more a Medieval/ Fantasy-Medieval subject.

I've tried the campaign with Revolutioners and it is very funny, a mass of charge of paesants with their muskets remind me the French revolution.
Also drawning and animations are good.. Maybe there is a need of more music.

It would be interesting to add a troop customization for Player Kingdom like in 16 century mod to create something of new each time.

Looks like I have found a other interesting gunpowder mod for the M&B series, my favourite era of history (also their weaponry). Good luck on this.

Back
Top Bottom