Main Thread - 3.0 released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry for not replying for a while. I keep forgetting this thread is here :lol:

Osric said:
Jacob. Had a look at this [osp]?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,291735.30.html

I've seen that, but don't think it fits with everything else. I've made quite a few of my own scene props anyway and there's more than enough for what i need.

Stuff I've been working on recently: it'll soon be possible to strike out on your own (hard to reverse) and execute lords along the way. This can be triggered by having all nine companions in your army, or via a random event after starting a kingdom. It's basically the opposite of RTR though, and it'll become increasingly difficult to gain allies.

I'm also thinking of adding multiplayer capability (an hour's job, seriously). It'd just be this thing in the background; it'd be available but not intrusive. When this is released I'd love to have a small line battle type thing with you guys if you're interested.

I played some of the newer release today, finally the campaign this time, and I really like the direction its going. I'd like to see those New Model Guards very difficult to recruit but still available enough to form a battalion of it efficiently and quickly before it's destroyed. Something to where fielding 20 of them is no problem, but anything higher just becomes too much to afford/fund for even the richest generals, forcing the Reactionary/Revolutionary (I forget which it was) player army to rely on more than just that battalion. To go with, it would be great to see troop splitting added (I loved the fact that Unnamed 1-6 are Battalions 1-6 by default) so that you could make a single unit, say the Sayazn Musketeers, field multiple battalions instead of having to force each battalion to be a different unit. Hopefully that comes across in words well.

This looks exactly like the kind of mod I've been looking for! I've really been wanting an asian-themed gunpowder mod. In regards to one of your previous questions, I think muskets should be the greater focus than pikes! Also, it seems like some people have been playing a campaign version of this mod, is it released anywhere? Really hope this mod is released soon!

Just played through quickly and it looks pretty good, (the custom battle pre-release). My only issue was really, some of the helms with the random feather sticking out straight up. Doesn't seem to fit the them very well to me.

I must say that this has easily become my favorite single player modification, and even then it is still in a prerelease phase!  Regardless, I am going to hold off on actually playing it, as I would rather wait for the full release.

On another note is the progress report on the main page up to date, on top of this what are you currently working on with the mod? Also, what are the strengths and weaknesses of the various factions, they are quite varied and complex.

I thank you for the effort put into developing this mod, it really is quite stupendous; I am very excited for the full release!

Any updates?

How will we be able to have airship battles?  Will we have to have  an airship of our own?

I've just tried the pre-release and words can not describe how amazed I am at this mod.
It seemed like there were a few bugs here and there but nothing that seem gamebreaking or anything serious like that.
r-h_U.jpg
q4PJa.jpg
Xby3a.jpg
Uoynz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom