Main Quest, rescuing siblings, end battle game freeze - (Fixed)

Users who are viewing this thread

OxygenThief

Recruit
Hello, so if any of you are unlucky enough to get the game to freeze after clearing the hideout when going to save your younger siblings, look no further for I have discovered the cause and solution for this issue. This particular freeze is rather annoying as it does not actually "crash" the game and provide a crash report. The game only freezes on the end battle screen and it will not progress. The cause for this freeze is [if you have a side quest called (x x associates captured by bounty hunters), the quest tells you to go to a hideout and clear it out for 1000 denars. If you are also on the main story quest where you go to rescue your siblings, and the hideout for the rescue is the same hideout as the bounty hunters hideout, the game will freeze when you clear the hideout.] As I mentioned earlier, the game does not crash and does not provide a crash report. It simply, freezes.

Easy solution though: drop the side quest. If you're just now reading this and you've become as unlucky as myself, you'll have to load a previous save and drop the quest there. I imagine the reason for this freeze is because the game tries to run more than 1 script on quest completion? I am not sure.

I hope no one is as unlucky as I was, but if you have this issue, hope this helps.
Safe travels!

- Oxy

Back
Top Bottom