[M] Champions of Calradia

Users who are viewing this thread

The original NordInvasion Team is proud to announce our new mod, Champions of Calradia. This mod is designed around the highly strategic gameplay that makes the classic MOBA games such as LoL or DOTA fun. Champs was built from the ground up to utilize custom developed technologies which bring a dynamic and visceral gaming experience that's never been seen before in a Warband mod.

More Information on the tech we're using can be found here: http://champsofcalradia.com/about

Unlike traditional Warband mod's, we have a custom matchmaking engine which provides ranked games vs other players. This dynamically creates servers for you to play on with other community members. This can all be accessed from the website using NordComm (we reccomend Chrome or Firefox for an optimal experience).

As the mod is still in the early stages we only have 3 v 3 gameplay, however this will be expanding to include the more traditional 5 v 5.

To get started, head on over to the download page: http://champsofcalradia.com/download and grab the latest version.

Once signed up, you can see a break down of what you need to know here: http://champsofcalradia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3

We hope you guys enjoy the mod and help us build a great competitive community.

I never liked DOTA 'cause of the birdview. You're not really in the fight and doesn't require real skills.

With Champions of Calradia, you're in the fight ! Defend your creeps to help advance the lane, use the tricksters to sneak on the enemy Warden (archer), use the Grapple to get your teamate out of a bad situation or Grapple the archer running away. Priceless moments in that mod. It is still in early beta but I see so much potential in that mod. Great job

fkb446 said:
Taking way too long to find a game, and when one is found, server crashes almost constantly.

We are aware of some issues with the server code at the moment, it seems to be behaving better after we released some patches, however we will keep monitoring it. Please report any instances of this, including the servername to our forums.

As for finding a game, that's sadly dependant on the size of the community! This game requires players on both teams, and that means we have to have people wanting to play. This is something we are hoping will become less of an issue as the mod garners more players. But don't forget you can always play with friends using the group functionality in NordComm, and if you refer them you can even get bonus champ coins!

I know, I just brought in four people and I'm finding games now, playin' with my friends. :smile:
CoC_Warband_3v3 is a server that loses connection often, 2nd time now.

Come on 2 more guys for the queue ><

edit:
2 more again, but we got into a game.

It has a lot of potential, but one of my main gripes right now is that I don't know who the tower is attacking. There should be an animation or an icon above the head of a guy that the tower is attacking.

I would also like to see more items in less steep steps. I have never been able to go full gear despite getting 15 kills.

Got some guys to play.

Suggestion for the Trickster: Make his throwing knives lighter, and let them teleport him to team-mates as well. Also make them work on shields.

Add some type of indicator of the tower range.
Make the tower range shorter.
Store glitches sometimes to where the purchasable items won't pop up.
Anvil is a little over powered because of his tankyness.

Great mod otherwise, keep up the good work.

The anvil can easily be outranged though.

It would also be great if we could buy stuff whilst still alive. Everytime I got enough money to buy 1 item, I would need to die first and then loose it...

edit:

And the Trickster shouldn't be able to teleport past towers into somebodies base to kill the trebechut.

MaHuD said:
It has a lot of potential, but one of my main gripes right now is that I don't know who the tower is attacking. There should be an animation or an icon above the head of a guy that the tower is attacking.
Tower will ALWAYS prioritize bots over player champions. So if you see a circle of bot corpses you'll know they're within range of the tower
Rallix said:
Suggestion for the Trickster: Make his throwing knives lighter, and let them teleport him to team-mates as well. Also make them work on shields.
flight daggers use ti_on_missile_hit, so they obviously won't trigger when friendly fire is turned off when aiming at teammates or shields without ti_on_shield_hit triggers.
Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Wardens don't have any interesting twists like the Trickster, they're just your typical archer with a ton of arrows. Maybe add some variation in arrow types?
The unlockable champion Robyne Hoode has different arrow types (although they do the same thing, steal gold).
MaHuD said:
And the Trickster shouldn't be able to teleport past towers into somebodies base to kill the trebechut.
You can't, at least 1 lane of towers need to be down before the treb can be damaged.

Fun mod, just wish there was a greater variety of abilities that extended to all heroes. Knights and Wardens have nothing special about them, and Desert Wing is just your average Khergit.

Some ideas:

Pikeman: Support Footman. Has no shield, medium armour, decent movement speed. Pike gives him good melee range, able to help in melee from a distance. However, if an enemy closes on him, he will have to retreat. Excellent against the Trickster if he can keep him out of knife range, and very good against the Desert Wing until he's dismounted. Character basically kites enemies and tries to get in a good hit from a safe distance. Plays it safe for as long as possible, but cannot defend against ranged enemies or shielders without help. In his element when allies are around.

Duelist: High Agility and proficiency with his blade. Can block, but has no shield, or other weapons than a sword. Moves quickly, swings quickly, but cannot deal high damage. Essentially, he hits a lot, but doesn't do a lot when he hits.

Skirmisher: Agile and on-the-move, pelting enemies with darts and javelins. Has no decent melee ability, and no shield, but plenty of throwing weapons to chuck at the enemy quickly and inaccurately as he maintains the same range. Retreating when they advance, advancing when they retreat. By nature of his characteristics, this guy only does medium damage when he hits, and is more useful for players who like to play like cowards. More of a support class, he is unable to destroy towers, but is great for harassing foes.

Berserker: Slow moving, and armoured only in loose fur. However, he has a huge capacity for giving and taking damage. He swings a large, lumbering(slow too, pun) axe to and fro with only the slightest care for his own life, dealing one-hit blows, tearing shields from the arms of their users. This guy is vulnerable, but must be concentrated on to remove him from the fight.
Over a hundred HP for sure. Less than 6 AGI and at most 1 athletics.

Good ideas, Rallix. But still, DOTA and LoL's "champions" rely heavily on their abilities. The team does a good job in trying to portray these "abilities" by giving the Trickster teleportation and the Anvil grapple rocks. Although your ideas are good, I believe one should keep in mind that when suggesting ideas for new characters, one should accompany those with ability ideas as well, and pay attention to the game's nature.

The other champions still need their own unique ideas as well, it gets kind of bland having only 3 heroes with unique abilities.

Hopefully the team will add a greater variety of heroes as later versions are released, so players on both teams can't pick the same heroes and make the mod a bit more realistic.

Aside from that, mod's very fun, needs more people!!!

nice idea, but I want to report an error on the site:

Your Region:
Europe
North America
Asia

where is South america? where is Africa? where is Oceania? add an "Other" option at least  :lol:

also, it would be cool if the website made some kind of sound when the match was created, because it takes a really long time to find the players and some people just go play something else while it is searching it already does

Back
Top Bottom