M&B Warband Beta Testing Invitation

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear there might be some non-random selection. And not because I think it might favour me hah. I just hope the developers think about (and get) an effective testing process.

In fact, apart from normal bug reports and feedback, I realise just now that in-game data collection could be very helpful, particularly for this project. For example, detailed information about kills and damage dealt (broken down by map, team, player class, weapon and equipment of the attacker/victim, attack direction, location on the map, maybe even speed and direction of player movement) - gathered from games with representative players - could potentially give the developers very good control over the game balance. Especially since it's a roughly historical setting (i.e., there are real things to compare the data against), and they have access to some reasonably qualified opinions, on this forum and elsewhere. Anyone know how feasible that would be?

Swadius said:
There you go, there must be some assurance in the testing pool.

Edit: Aren't you a mod maker also?
Mod maker yes, but my mod is smaller-scale. My two big mods have about 45000 downloads between them (20000 and 25000 IIRC) but it's still not big enough to warrant a testing job. Or maybe it's because of my young, supple body. :razz:

Actually, there are no non-random testers as far as is known. The mod makers offers were referring to Paradox offering some mods to get published; it has nothing to do with beta testing. Way to spread confusing & lies, Ruthven.

What do you got against the French you anti-French...type...person. :evil:

HH        HH  IIIIIIIIIIIII
HH        HH        II
HHHHHHHH        II
HHHHHHHH        II
HH        HH        II
HH        HH  IIIIIIIIIIIII

Highelf said:
Actually, there are no non-random testers as far as is known. The mod makers offers were referring to Paradox offering some mods to get published; it has nothing to do with beta testing. Way to spread confusing & lies, Ruthven.
Merc started it! I think! Unless I misinterpreted it... Which looking back, yeah, I did.

*shrug*

My bad.

Swadius said:
Or maybe it's because you're French.
:eek: That was uncalled for! I'm a Canuck, not a Frog.

We will be able to play mods, such as the hundred years war, or The Eagle, and the radiant cross. I'm not certain about either, but they would be excellent candidates. In any case they will only take mods of the like, very in-depth, and balanced.

RalliX said:
In any case they will only take mods of the like, very in-depth, and balanced.

They will take?
Who is they?

TaleWords doesn't really get to decide which mods people play in multiplayer. It will be just like in so many other games:
As long as both players have the same data, they can play together.

I'm not so sure, They will have to modify their mods so they can be used in multiplayer, and only the good moders, or the ones who know how will be able to, but I think the developers will release that knowledge.

RalliX said:
I'm not so sure, They will have to modify their mods so they can be used in multiplayer, and only the good moders, or the ones who know how will be able to, but I think the developers will release that knowledge.

I highly doubt that.
Where did you get that idea?
I really think the only ways in that they need to modify their mods are:

1. Porting it over to the new Warband version. Like porting a mod from 0.806 to the current, retail version.
2. Adjusting balance so people can enjoy their mods in multiplayer more. Maybe adding or modifying some classes that you can pick in multiplayer.

I really think that will be about it.
Where did you get the idea that it will be complicated?

I think that the Warband expansion will require an entirely new Module in Mount and Blades module system to account for the multiplayer aspect of it. So yes, all mods will have to be modified to include the multiplayer module. Just what I am thinking. I have played with Python very little but they seem to have modules for just about everything else.

Elric_de_Melnibone said:
RalliX said:

I highly doubt that.
Where did you get that idea?
I really think the only ways in that they need to modify their mods are:

1. Porting it over to the new Warband version. Like porting a mod from 0.806 to the current, retail version.
2. Adjusting balance so people can enjoy their mods in multiplayer more. Maybe adding or modifying some classes that you can pick in multiplayer.

I really think that will be about it.
Where did you get the idea that it will be complicated?

It is complicated. You cant just throw a mod into Warband and play it in Multiplayer.

I  Wouldn't expect to see a multiplayer mod for quite a while.

Jezan100 said:
It is complicated. You cant just throw a mod into Warband and play it in Multiplayer.

And how exactly do you know  that?
I'm not claiming that I know how Warband will work out regarding mods. Are you?
Remember how little we know about Warband.

The devs had said(somewhere) that their continuing support for mods will... continue. They'll make it as easy as they can for us to get a mod into multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom