M&B Warband Beta Testing Invitation

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i sure hope so but if we got 32 guys chatting at the same time its gonna get screwy
but i bet we are only gonna be able to talk to our team

Why everytime I leave this forum for a short time does something good happen?  :mad:

Vilhjalmr said:
Anyone know how the damage/reticule/parry-controls settings will be handled? It would really suck if everyone were running around with three arrows in the gut parrying without thinking and shooting off arrows with pinpoint accuracy despite not having any real skill.

Yeah, I agree it's an important issue.

There a was a big discussion about it, a while back and we decided the most likely scenario is that it'll be specified by the server.

captain lust said:
There a was a big discussion about it, a while back and we decided the most likely scenario is that it'll be specified by the server.

Yes, this would be most possible indeed.

Anyway, if any dev reads this, I will not be able to play much until the 20th, or so, of august.

If this don't fit, just scrap me. I'm happy as a junkie to play the game off line : )

captain lust said:
Vilhjalmr said:
Anyone know how the damage/reticule/parry-controls settings will be handled? It would really suck if everyone were running around with three arrows in the gut parrying without thinking and shooting off arrows with pinpoint accuracy despite not having any real skill.

Yeah, I agree it's an important issue.

Yea I held a poll about the melee combat, and mouse-directional parry won, but normal and faster speed both had 29 votes. Personally, I don't know which one is best, as the combat in multi will be a lot faster anyway. I guess we'll have to see that first. Perhaps faster is impossibly fast, and no one can parry decently, but perhaps normal is too easy... In the standard damage poll, normal damage was the crushing victor, as I expected. I haven't polled about the targeting reticule, but I hope they will turn it off.

I agree that it will be most likely server-based, but probably one set of options will be the recommended one, and I think at least three quarters of the servers will use them (with the "harder" option set, it will be best imo, you get a lot of servers with hard options, and a few servers where new players can learn the basics before plunging into some real action).

Personally, I probably won't play with the targeting reticule off because people, generally, can't be trusted not to cheat.

There are lots of programs that put a dot in the middle of your screen and some people are even willing to stick things on their screen, in order to cheat similar rules in other games.

The only solution is to allow the reticule.

captain lust said:
Personally, I probably won't play with the targeting reticule off because people, generally, can't be trusted not to cheat.

There are lots of programs that put a dot in the middle of your screen and some people are even willing to stick things on their screen, in order to cheat similar rules in other games.

The only solution is to allow the reticule.
I see now problem allowing it, the view isn't right for aiming anyway (including first person of course).

Even without reticules, I don't think the cheating would be a big enough deal to worry about really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom