Lucas's Map : Egypt Landing

Users who are viewing this thread

N3XuS

Sergeant Knight at Arms
The British made up a plan about invading Egypt which is controlled by the french army. They planned to do a big attack on a Village. Unfortunately the plan was ruined as a battery of cannons were placed towards the Ocean and the landing failed slaughtering all major companies on the beach, therefore a small commando took position on a small village at the right , the french got surprised and left all their equipment there. The position is secured.More to come...

Name as you like it in the game credits: You know it Im already in , PM me if you want it again.
Contact information (Preferably steam): My ID is : lad594forever
Scene Name: Egypt Landing
Description: One faction spawns in front of the village , the other spawn in front of the landing .
Supported Gamemodes: Battle/ TDM
Download link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38392004/scn_mp_arabian_village.sco
Codes as found in scenes.txt:
scn_mp_arabian_village mp_arabian_village 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x000000012002a0b20004992700006e54000007fe00001fd2
outer_terrain_desert

Birds Eye-View:
2012-07-05_00007.jpg

Others:
2012-07-05_00006.jpg

2012-07-05_00004.jpg

2012-07-05_00003.jpg

2012-07-05_00002.jpg

WDMeaun said:
Isn't 5 mortars next to each other a bit much?

No as it is to bombard defenders who are in the fortified village , so its blind fire

Version Updated

Introducing the market :

2012-07-05_00005.jpg

New bird-eye version :

2012-07-05_00007.jpg

Thats the 3rd time someone tell me this...  :???:

I'll change it but Im disapointed you didnt tell more about my map Temuzu

Keep up the pratice Nex3s and you will get there :wink:

Some things

- The roads, make them smaller and maybe use Earth (terrain) instead? Just see what looks the best.
- I never saw trees in the middle of the roads, with that I never saw normal "green" trees in the middle of the Dessert ^^
- See if you can connect all these parts, it looks like some split up map. No connection and it looks more divided.
- Maybe a little less cannons (mortars)? 5 Mortars next to each other can be 1. A pain in the ass seeing there are really close to each other. 2. I'm not so sure if it's that great for the performance.
- See to an little road through the market, i'm sure it will look way better
- Having these kind of "fire things" in your market are quite useless. Seeing as it's day light, and it's in the Dessert, keep it realistic ^

And btw, where are the spawn points (for each side)?

Goodluck with it, hope you can do something with my "suggestions".

Gokiller

While I agree with Gokillah another noteworthy addition to his suggestion is that you can use the opacity bar to dope the roads, meaning the roads would have a more smoothened look and it'd look more natural in context with the surrounding desert textures.

Furthermore I like the idea, there aren't many desert maps out there in the crowd.

Sven

Thank you really much Gokiller ! And thanks Svensson too, I kept searching for the guy that actually teach me how to map !  :grin:

I'll do my best ! And I'll change the map tonight of course  :lol:

Cheers

gokiller said:
No hurries mate ^^ take your time :wink:

Im going tomorrow morning at 6h30 AM on a vacation for 15 days in the south of France scuba-diving so I need to finish it tonight  :wink:

Final Version up.

Map has been modified by the suggestions above !

I'll be gone for 15 days , goodluck !

Back
Top Bottom