MP Localized Voice Chat

Users who are viewing this thread

Xiaoxiao

Recruit
The multiplayer is fun but it gets old fast. The best mode is siege but due to there being no local voice chat its nearly impossible to organize a team.

Adding some local voice chat would greatly improve the teamwork focus and would make for some hilarious shinagings. It would make the siege battles much more dynamic and competitive.
Just being able to hear your teammates would be great but localized so if someone is far away from you and talking you won't hear them.

Anybody else think this would be a great feature?

I honestly disagree on this one. Much rather they just added party groups within battles for steam friends/clans etc. Then let them use their own voice comms (which they already do).

Go play Holdfast Nations and see what local voice does to MP games....

I think localized voice chat would take the game to new levels, in many ways. Tactics, immersion, fun, everything.
Voice commands are second hand, but also useful, and a mix of the two options is the best. Voice commands for easy fast things that needs no more precision than attack, shieldwall, etc. Localized voip for actual talking and precision.

If local voice comms isn't possible at least some form of comms. I have been playing captain a lot lately and often I have seen the enemy team coming in for a flank and I can't tell my allies anything to warn them quick enough. It's mega frustrating. There is no point in adding voice chat just for groups. If you're in a group with your friends, your probably going to just use discord. But for playing with other people you need some form of comms.

Yes maybe they will add it in the future. But they first have another 10000 bugs to fix so I wouldnt expect this too soon. There are honestly much greater concerns at this moment

I haven't played a lot of games, but I have played Blackwake, Fog of War and Post Scriptum which all have VOIP, and I have never run into a problem. Sometimes there was a bit too much chatter at the wrong times, but I never ran into trolls on the chat. Perhaps because those games usually attracted a more grown up player base.

I would love to see an elected Commander have a team chat while everyone else has localized chat. It is good to know what your teammates are doing, plus the ability to warn each other really helps the game. The problem with TS and Discord channels is that you can hear everyone, no matter where they are. I only want to hear the guys who are right next to me, or a commander who is monitoring the flow of battle and will tell me where I'm needed.

Of course a mute player or a vote kick would help get rid of the idiots.

not Voice-Chat PLS :grin: ... but a Communication Feature .. mybee with the Calls 1,2,3 or so .. but Voice Chat is the badass thing ever :grin: how many people had good Micros ? :grin: u dont want this trust me :razz: .. but i mean Bannerlord had TS servers ? o_O

Im all for proximity chat for sure, such a small feat. but so great potential... It works great in other games, for example Holdfast. Some people troll, others play funny music or roleplay squads. Its easy to find voice spammer and mute the player. Theres no downside. Could just add an option in settings to enable/disable... Question is... Does engine support it

Back
Top Bottom