Lithuanian letters

Users who are viewing this thread

Illusive Man

Sergeant at Arms
I was trying to translate some texts, but the game seems to skip every Lithuanian letter - ą, č, ę, ė, į, š, ų, ū, ž. Though on servers they can be used in the chat, but letters ė, į and ų are shown in bold, just like the letters from cyrillic alphabet. How do I make them work normally?

If coding is a UTF-8 to beginning of file paste:
Code:
# -*- coding: UTF-8 -*-

If coding is a ANSI to beginning of file paste:
Code:
# -*- coding: cp1254 -*-

Sorry for my English  :oops:

Illusive Man said:
I was trying to translate some texts, but the game seems to skip every Lithuanian letter - ą, č, ę, ė, į, š, ų, ū, ž.
Where are you trying to translate the texts? Directly in the Module System, or in the language folders? And what encoding do you use?

Lav said:
Illusive Man said:
I was trying to translate some texts, but the game seems to skip every Lithuanian letter - ą, č, ę, ė, į, š, ų, ū, ž.
Where are you trying to translate the texts? Directly in the Module System, or in the language folders? And what encoding do you use?
Language folders. Coding? UTF - 8 I guess.

The game skips the chars it can't handle, either by encoding (it must be Unicode/UTF-:cool: or because they aren't in the texture sheet. (it's a bitmap typeface)
If want to create a font with extra letters then use my tool Font Customiser. And read the manual.

However the accented letters are used in some translations packed with the game, Turkish being the prime example. So unless we assume that a Turkish company developed a game which cannot correctly display Turkish, we are forced to the conclusion that Illusive Man is doing something wrong after all.

Lav said:
However the accented letters are used in some translations packed with the game, Turkish being the prime example. So unless we assume that a Turkish company developed a game which cannot correctly display Turkish, we are forced to the conclusion that Illusive Man is doing something wrong after all.

Hey, I use accented words everyday, ñÑ áÁ éÉ íÍ óÓ úÚ üÜ. They are in my vocabulary, and included in the game too.
But lets no compare Turkish with Lithuanian, they may share some common letters but exceptions happen.

Swyter said:
The game skips the chars it can't handle, either by encoding (it must be Unicode/UTF-:cool: or because they aren't in the texture sheet. (it's a bitmap typeface)
If want to create a font with extra letters then use my tool Font Customiser. And read the manual.

The download link doesn't work :S

EDIT: Never mind, found another download link in Google.

Noriu informuot, kad susikure naujas Napoleonic wars regimentas - 19th Lithuanian regiment - visus norincius kvieciame prisijungti (Kontaktuoti : Shinigamisuk per steam'a) :!:

Back
Top Bottom