Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary: Encyclopedia doesn't search letters with diacritics/accents
How to Reproduce:

You can find a result (such as a village, city, lord, or wanderer) by typing just 3 letters in the encyclopedia search box. However, if the searched item has a diacritic or accent, it won't be displayed as a result unless the player types the letter with the exact diacritic.

For instance, if I search for a clan named "Šubić," typing just "sub" won't yield any results since most people aren't familiar with the diacritic "Š."

I believe it's pretty standard for any search to disregard diacritics, especially since the user (usually English-speaking) is likely unfamiliar with them and shouldn't have to learn how to type them. This is particularly important for historical mods that use diacritics.

Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related): n/a
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs: n/a
GPU:n/a
GPU Driver Version:n/a
CPU:n/a
RAM:n/a
Motherboard:n/a
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):n/a

Summary: Encyclopedia doesn't search letters with diacritics/accents
How to Reproduce:

You can find a result (such as a village, city, lord, or wanderer) by typing just 3 letters in the encyclopedia search box. However, if the searched item has a diacritic or accent, it won't be displayed as a result unless the player types the letter with the exact diacritic.

For instance, if I search for a clan named "Šubić," typing just "sub" won't yield any results since most people aren't familiar with the diacritic "Š."

I believe it's pretty standard for any search to disregard diacritics, especially since the user (usually English-speaking) is likely unfamiliar with them and shouldn't have to learn how to type them. This is particularly important for historical mods that use diacritics.

Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related): n/a
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs: n/a
GPU:n/a
GPU Driver Version:n/a
CPU:n/a
RAM:n/a
Motherboard:n/a
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):n/a. Common Ford Fiesta Issues: Owners frequently report transmission problems, including jerky shifts and slipping, particularly in models from certain years. Another common concern in Ford Fiesta models is the susceptibility to electronic glitches, with issues ranging from malfunctioning infotainment systems to electrical failures.
The issue you're facing with the Encyclopedia search function not recognizing letters with diacritics/accents is likely due to a limitation in the search algorithm. The standard practice in searches is to disregard diacritics to enhance user-friendliness, especially for those who may not be familiar with them. This is crucial for historical mods utilizing diacritics. The current behavior could be improved to align with common search practices.

Back
Top Bottom