Listing all Unique Items

Users who are viewing this thread

kwbudirt said:
So. My "balancing" question is this:
Just bought the Frankish Axe from the Dunwic weaponsmith for a hefty 17,000 penningas and:
a) Not "heavy" had to pay another 364 for that
b) Heavy Goidelic Axe has better stats (FREE) got it as battle loot
c) resale price for POS (Now) "Heavy" Frankish Axe is whopping 612.

Also: the "special" mail armor has worse stats than FREE Halberg I took off a dead viking since he didn't seem to need it anymore.

Seriously, shouldn't the custom bought stuff be better than random  battle loot? is this another "life's hard" kind of thing?

lol

Frankish Axe is 34 damage with 81 length, while the Noble Goidelic Axe is only 28damage and shorter. It is a special "imported" weapon, so you pay premium to the merchant. It is the best axe in the game if you care about speed, or you can use the woodcutter if you care more about raw damage. That does not include the unique "Troll Axe". It also looks damn cool :XD

The Goidelic Long Hatchet is another weapon, maybe you are thinking of that one ? Also lower damage  :razz:

Better stuff? That is relative. There are many stats on each piece of gear, what is best for "you" may not be the same to other player, y'know? Speed, reach, slashing, thrusting, defense, weight, speed, possible imods for upgrade, durability in combat, special against shields, the list goes on  :mrgreen:

Goidelic Long Axe - 33c dmg, 87 speed, 84 length.
Frankish Axe - 34c 18p dmg, 86 speed, 81 length.

Truly, the Frankish Axe is still not worthy compared to the Goidelic Long Axe, which is not only more or less its equal but also much cheaper and easier to get.

toxic-nova said:
Kamos said:
Captains sword:Kill everyone in Odin's cave (attention play story mode pls and save the guy you met on ship '' forgot his name''  :oops:''

Is it's name changed or does I mix something up. I think I got a sword named Bandit Leaders Sword in Odin's Cave.

You can get Olvir's Sword in the story when you have to go to Ulf's Farmstead in Denmark after the first story related conversation with Sigurd Ragnarsson. After the battle is over there comes up a conversation. To get the sword you have to reject giving the sword to Olvir.
It isn't the best sword but if you went straight through the quest it is a useful one.
Do we lose any relation or reputation when you take it?

erennuman_mb said:
Do we lose any relation or reputation when you take it?
Olvir's Sword? You'll lose some reputation (but not very much, if I remember correctly), as well as having it come up at one point a little later in the story. That didn't bother me too much, though, both since I was Christian and because Olvir is far from the most honorable guy in the story.

Articulo34 said:
Goidelic Long Axe - 33c dmg, 87 speed, 84 length.
Frankish Axe - 34c 18p dmg, 86 speed, 81 length.

Truly, the Frankish Axe is still not worthy compared to the Goidelic Long Axe, which is not only more or less its equal but also much cheaper and easier to get.
Exactly!!!
had the stats been available for the 17000 penningas "Prankish" axe (yep, went there) I never would have bought!
The Heavy Long Goidelic for your viewing pleasure gentlemen:

Here's the Frankish 17,000 Penningas + 364 to refine to heavy:

Would you spend 17,364 penningas for this?
can I get a refund please? LOL

kwbudirt said:
Would you spend 17,364 penningas for this?
can I get a refund please? LOL

a special unique item that you can buy or not in a menu? Just don't buy it if you don't like it  :mrgreen:

It is the best axe (double type of attack, more raw damage) and looks cool. Also has the RP element of being a imported good and that is unique (noone else will have it). Yes the merchant is a thief for charging 10x the value you would pay in France. Why don't you get a boat and travel there to buy some and resell in Britannia?  :razz:

unless you want devs to nerf all the others axes in the game.. so lets take that Goidelic Long Axe and reduce the damage to 29c. There. All good now  :cool:

kalarhan said:
unless you want devs to nerf all the others axes in the game.. so lets take that Goidelic Long Axe and reduce the damage to 29c. There. All good now  :cool:
That would be plain stupid and would ruin the current balance between axes. All that only because a special item isn´t special at all? I don´t think so.

That would be plain stupid and would ruin the current balance between axes. All that only because a special item isn´t special at all? I don´t think so.

and prove conclusively that punishing intent of the game!

Articulo34 said:
kalarhan said:

that is the point. You can't raise damage of one weapon to break balance with the other types. So that means nerfing the ones that are inferior to it. Or leave them as there are, as they were rebalanced a month ago for RE release  :razz:

At least someone got it  :party:

to anyone that is unhappy:  :arrow: Morghs  :idea: this is a Warband game, mod it  :iamamoron:

kalarhan said:
that is the point. You can't raise damage of one weapon to break balance with the other types
There is no need to increase damage to make it special. I modified mine to make it usable on horseback, so now it has truly something worthy, something that no other long axe has.

Articulo34 said:
kalarhan said:
that is the point. You can't raise damage of one weapon to break balance with the other types
There is no need to increase damage to make it special. I modified mine to make it usable on horseback, so now it has truly something worthy, something that no other long axe has.

axes are not used on horseback in VC. Modding it that way is a "cheat". But you can do that on your personal mod, as it is yours. It would make no sense on the general game  :razz:

kalarhan said:
axes are not used on horseback in VC. Modding it that way is a "cheat". But you can do that on your personal mod, as it is yours. It would make no sense on the general game  :razz:
A cheat is supposed to give you an unfair advantage. How is that using an axe that is shorter and slower than, let´s say an Ulthred Sword, could be considered a cheat?

Articulo34 said:
kalarhan said:
Now that's a great idea!!
PLZ don't nerf my goidelic, I like my goidelic just like it is!

Articulo34 said:
A cheat is supposed to give you an unfair advantage. How is that using an axe that is shorter and slower than, let´s say an Ulthred Sword, could be considered a cheat?

a cheat is "to violate rules or regulations". Axes are not used on horseback. You changed that. You violated a game rule. Thus it is a cheat. Nothing wrong with it, you can do whatever you want with your game, why be defensive about your tweaks/cheats? Unless you cheat in MP, noone will care  :smile:

kalarhan said:
a cheat is "to violate rules or regulations". Axes are not used on horseback. You changed that. You violated a game rule. Thus it is a cheat. Nothing wrong with it, you can do whatever you want with your game, why be defensive about your tweaks/cheats? Unless you cheat in MP, noone will care  :smile:
By that definition, any mod can be a cheat, since many of them "violate the rules or regulations" established by Taleworlds for Warband.

Articulo34 said:
By that definition, any mod can be a cheat, since many of them "violate the rules or regulations" established by Taleworlds for Warband.

if you create a new mod you define the rules. You can release a submod for VC called "Axes Reborn the Horseman Revenge VC Edition"  :lol:

sure, why not, tweak/mod/cheat, it is all semantics. Why are we discussing that again? It does not matter  :razz:

Moving on....

guys, guys...
I only posted so other players would have info about the "special" weapon BEFORE it was purchased. Yes, it's on a menu represented as really top-notch and pricey weapons. Had the stats been available, I could have made an informed decision.
One thing for damn sure I'm not giving the weaponsmith con man 19,000 to 'surprise me!" little fecker!! ROFL cheers guys.

Back
Top Bottom