List of bugs / balance issues I encountered so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey,

I'm what you would consider a veteran player of M&B series. I have 1000 on warband on steam, but I own physical copy of the original game at least 10 years now and I have lots of hours on it too :smile: I have only 25 hours thus far on Bannerlord but those are within two days (duh). I assume devs read these forums and I apologize if any of these were listed multiple times and are already being addressed in development. I also wanna thank the devs, all memes asides, that they are working on the game in these difficult times. As implied, this is going to be a more of a list, nothing really that would lag out computer or crash the game when you do a sequence of actions, but more of general issues I think there are with the game and need be, in my opinion worked on, hence balance section:

Gear:
Armour first felt good, but then some issues came up:
a) One hand swords seem to be really strongly effected by enemy armour. The issue is that nothing else does. Two handers, such as billhook, pretty much always oneshot or two shot. Two handers, in general, feel like they ignore armour. Whilst onehanders have to go for head all the time and hit for like 20. Also even the weakest of the missiles deal way too much damage to heavily armoured. Which is an issue because it makes units like Vlandian pikemen useless, imo.
b) Gear seems to be really scarce. Although elite units such as Cataphracts or Legionnairs have high quality heavy gear, I'm yet to drop any by defeating their army, or find any on markets. I'm dependant on getting lucky in tournaments, which gets really annoying, especially on Realistic difficulty, more on that later.

Blacksmithing, great idea for character progression, definitely enriched the game but:
a) Make blacksmithing exhaustion or whatever it is called, tick down when just playing the game. Having to use up my points, then wait in the town, just to continue smithing seems redundant. Also coming to town after many won battles to find out you have to wait to smelt your warloot is silly. Really, I had enough strenght to win 3 battles but I'm still not fresh enough to smelt a dagger? C'mon that's a silly mechanic.
b) It levels far too slow. I'm fully focusing blacksmithing on my main character, I have skill 40 and I had to smith quite a bunch of weapons to get 1 skill higher at 39. It is not explained what should I do to level it up? Should I smith weapons above my skill? Or below? Or equal? How do I level up quickly? You know the formula some basic tip would be much appretiated.
But as forementioned, I love the concept.

AI:
Battlefield AI seems to have nuggets of brilliance in it, but it clearly is not finished and it laughable at times:
a) Generals of an army just give random sequence of nonsensical commands to the player. I usually take cav banner as it is the most versatile unit and you can impact the battle greatly. The AI general tells me: Frost, protect Left flank of Central Infantry (what do you mean central, there is only one infantry banner..) and then immediately tells me to charge from the right side, that's just funny, but also pointless to have in the game if it behaves like that. It also tells me to charge, then go to reserve, then charge, then wait, all within a few seconds.
b) My units do not respond to formation commands. My archers never scatter, my infantry never forms the shield wall. AI generals' clearly does with his circles around missiles etc. That really needs to be addressed above others imo. But maybe it is just me.
c) Units deathball and don't remain in cohesion. A huge issue. Cavlary has tendency to charge into one small area instead of being spread out and trample the enemy. Infantry doesn't keep their line straight and just bubble up together. Furthermore on cavlary, it takes far too long for cav to kill equal amount of archers. 20v20 the cav will just run around and almost not killing anyone. It is supposed to be quick stomp of exposed missiles not something that equates to time spend fighting between the infantries. It is really frustrating. Also it would be cool of there was some sort of "follow me, charge" combined command, so the cav doesnt start spreading around after the charge and still sort of follows your directions.

Worldmap AI, mostly fine, but:
a) Sometimes AI calls army but doesn't have the food to support it. Ultimately going through all players reserves or just dying from attrition.
b) Maybe it is because I was beating them so badly, but AI fields far too many trash units. 55 man army with 25 recruits 15 second rank and like 2 high tier and elite units mixed with some mid tier. Easy stomps.
c) AI has no memory and when caravan runs away from large army and loses the army in FoW, it starts running back towards it. It is kinda funny but probably shouldn't be a thing in modern game.

Miscellaneous:
Various issues and nonissues which don't necessarily affect the gameplay.
a) All NPCs are ugly. Too many of them have isometric eyes or mouths. Overall weird headshapes etc. When they make a facial expression like, smile, it looks incredibly creepy.
b) 3rd group is supposed to be cavlary, but when I select it, my character always says "infantry".
c) Tournament are far too difficult for the reward, next to no money, gear seems mostly be helmets, like seriously 90% of rewards are helmets...
d) You dont even need workshops, just win battles and you are super rich. There is nothing to really use the money for it seems, since vendors sell bad gear, can't invest into villages etc
e) Medicine, trade, leadership, smithing from my experience level far too slow.
f) Unexplained clan roles, there seems to be no Jeremus type companion, how do I make support companions? Needs more explanation and depth.
g) What does influence even do? It is like currency for kingdom actions but at the same time it is like important to have it high, I don't get it. I guess I own a city now.
h) How do I open the encyclopedia other than via inspecting soldier or character. (maybe im just dumb sry).
i) Lords who are pissed that I didn't imprison them get +3 relations and others like +2 even tho they appreciate it.
j) Hideouts are all attacked with 8 or so soldiers no matter how large your army is, but the hideout can have 40 forest bandits which just destroy you, because missiles are overpowered and you can't bring horses.
k) not enough large bandit groups running around.
l) caravans dont make enough money, but then again, there are other means.

I know charm is broken, but I didn't get to it yet. And you probably were already alerted to it.

My game runs smoothly, on max army size, max details:
GPU: NVidia 2070s
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X (OC'd)
Ram: 16GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 (OC'd)
MB: MSI X570-A Pro
SSD: Corsair Force Series MP510

Back
Top Bottom