LINE BATTLE EVENT (inactive)

Users who are viewing this thread

Kabs

Sergeant at Arms
************ok, here again my thread about the line battle, scince it was deleted after server problems...(seems like a rollback)*************

I Welcome all regiments  to the line battle at 07.11.10 (sunday) 20:00 pm CET/19 pm GMT.

all randomers that are in 22nd ts3 and listen to the comanderes are also welcome.

we will play this map so get your formations etc. prepared for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE8c8tSXsMk

all be in ts before 7 pm !

greetz kabs

The map on the video ?! It's not enough large to make lines !
Cav is accepted ?  :smile:

Gabby. said:

as i said, u need other formations. 6-8 guys in line should be no problem.
Ys Horses allowed, but we will have to look how many regiments are there to make balance.

Beware that the bridge and the cliffs are fallable ! the big mountains without bridge and without the 2 houses are not passable. also most cliffs/mountains are not passable from below.

The ways up to the mountains are good to move as i could do.

BTW: it will be Prussia vs France !

so well have to check up wich GB units will go wich side/regiments when the event starts.

greetz Kabs aka Fahausi

ChairmanMaoWao said:
Dont know if you answered this yesterday but, are rifles/skirmishers welcome or not?

n0t t3h b4k3r n3wbs!

plz dont spam this thread with bull**** krimdor!

Prussia vs France= no bakers after all....

to your question man:

ys they welcome, but well have to look how many prussian riflemen are there. could be to many maybe, so lets see.

Gabby. said:

Agreed, this is a skirmishing and cav map, if you have a line down that road it will always be 1v1, break down into a melee fight in seconds, whoever has the most cav will end up winning because they sweep down the road, or whoever has the highest skirmishers.

anyone who crosses the bridge would already be down to like 2 men before they got across it, even cav, pick an open fielded map, then it can serve the purposes of all who attend, much like the one last monday, open field for cav, hills for skirmishers and lines.

it makes the game fun if all types are catered for, not if the map itself is interesting.

I have to voice concern. That bridge scares the **** out of me, as I fear it'll just be "the gorge" map all over. 2 sides camping each other from either side of it...

(no disrepect to the gorge/this map, I'm certain people love/will love both, I just can't stand the camping..)

A_Dane said:
I have to voice concern. That bridge scares the **** out of me, as I fear it'll just be "the gorge" map all over. 2 sides camping each other from either side of it...

(no disrepect to the gorge/this map, I'm certain people love/will love both, I just can't stand the camping..)

yeah no room for tactical maneuvers, just becomes a battle of attrition

Kator Viridian said:
Gabby. said:

Agreed, this is a skirmishing and cav map, if you have a line down that road it will always be 1v1, break down into a melee fight in seconds, whoever has the most cav will end up winning because they sweep down the road, or whoever has the highest skirmishers.

anyone who crosses the bridge would already be down to like 2 men before they got across it, even cav, pick an open fielded map, then it can serve the purposes of all who attend, much like the one last monday, open field for cav, hills for skirmishers and lines.

it makes the game fun if all types are catered for, not if the map itself is interesting.

youre not the flexible ones i see.

thats for the ways:
u need other formations. 6-8 guys in line should be no problem.

as also i can see from your posts that the most of u havent played it yet.

do you ever heard about double lines ? ;-Þ

the cav and inf classes have a malus here. The rifles are the only ones who have a less malus. but we will make it even as it is possible.

If youre think there are less tactical maneuvers, u are just not flexible too...

the map and ways are very big, also the big places on house/bridge hills and they valley have a lot space...

its just more realistic than the flat ****ty random hills map, so just get a tactic on for it :wink:

If no one want's the bridge map, maybe we could use my map called, Valley(it's on the 22nd musket server), it was made for Line Battles and got big variety like open plains, dense forests and hilly areas. I think it would be perfect for this.

A_Dane said:

the bridge is on ones team spawn point, so didnt think u will get there that soon :wink:

the otheres team spawn point is at the monastery on the others hill group, each team have 3 ways down to the valley.

each team have several strategic positions between the mountains and in the valley.

greetz kabs

TheJohan said:
If no one want's the bridge map, maybe we could use my map called, Valley(it's on the 22nd musket server), it was made for Line Battles and got big variety like open plains, dense forests and hilly areas. I think it would be perfect for this.

didnt i said to you yesterday that we make your map next time, and u said youre fine with it?

...make your own event if you want your map played so badly. but dont use my work for it to your chance.

the map is ok. if youre not like it dont come.

kabs

Kabs said:
TheJohan said:

didnt i said to you yesterday that we make your map next time, and u said youre fine with it?

...make your own event if you want your map played so badly. but dont use my work for it to your chance.

kabs

Don't over react, i just wrote this again since the server rollback deleted my post so that everyone can see that i am offering to use my map.

TheJohan said:
Kabs said:
TheJohan said:

kabs

Don't over react, i just wrote this again since the server rollback deleted my post so that everyone can see that i am offering to use my map.

i dont think i over react, cauz one "no" should be enough to dont cross spam it here again.

just respect it, i wrote all the stuff again (serverrollback) and i dont have the mood to give u a answer u still know.

i dont blame you and your map is good after all, but i dont like when people make others work harder and use it for their own will.

at the moment i try (again) to explain why the map is ok for linebattles (with other formations needed)
, so that comment of yours was definitely at the wrong point.

This map is great, also with 16 guy regiments.You need to play with Double lines in the streets because you have not enough space. I cant wait to play this map with new tactics.

aldi

once an idea, now its here to support the commanders on this map!

Tactical map for "Siebengebirge" scene:
***********(updated with spawn points for battle now)************

direct view:
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/872/siebegebirgetacticalmap.jpg

download megauoload (.jpeg format printable):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8I2C3P5Y

greetz Fahausi

Nice work with the map Kabs!!

The map looks really good. I like that the Regiments are forced to use double line formation.

Looking forward for the Line Battle.  :cool:

Thanks for your great work.

Back
Top Bottom