SP - General Let us toggle death and birth settings individually please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Being forced into no death and no births, or death and births sucks. I find complete disregard for player preference baffling.

Please let us toggle each mechanic individually and adjust the chances of death in combat.

I am bumping this thread because I really dislike the death in combat mechanic for the AI. Even tough I don't want them to die. In a siege battle in which I lose less than 10% of my mens in combat I lose 4 retarded companion and family member. Making me lose more than 600 troups.
I really dislike my retarded companions and family member dying after each opportunity given.
It should be a toggle on and off.

What's the point of doing a battle with companions if half of them die due to bad luck.
I don't want to just save scum after every battle in case one of my retarded clan member has been killed due to unforseen consequence.

If you want to play with death on and aren't save scumming. Good for you.

I started a campaign which I don't want my family and my companion to die. I would like to keep it this way.

Seriously, I haven't played since this one mod stopped working that edited death rates (this latest patch). Every battle or siege, 1 or 2 nobles die at minimum. AI vs AI? Nobody dies. Really unfair to the user. I think the death rate is at 10% too which is too high

I really dislike my retarded companions and family member dying after each opportunity given.
It should be a toggle on and off.

Why is so many people suggesting shortcuts like this?

I have not heard anyone saying "Under no circumstances, I want deaths in battles." If there were, a toggle would be a decent request.

But requests like "Feature X is broken/badly implemented. Let us opt out" is a bad request, sorry. It´s such request that makes them never getting fixed but hidden behind no-brainer toggles.

I mean, in this case the forum seems rather united behind this request. It makes no sence to me... I´m a software developer.. Not into game development though. I have never got requests like "Hide/remove/toggle this feature. It doesn't work..." No, it´s FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT! Because a feature exists for a reason ans is not to opted in/out!

When it works as intended, we can ofc discuss whether there should be a toggle or not. Is assume there should not. World would be overcrowded if nobles only died of age and new nobles populated from births.

Last edited:
The problem is that they are still keeping a high death rate for testing and finding death-related bugs.
They have been asked to lower the death rate to a more acceptable level a lot of times, and they said they will eventually, but not when. It doesn't annoy them because they are not playing the game and expect you to test their game for them and like it.

expect you to test their game for them and like it.

Isn't that the whole idea with EA? I don't understund all the frustration in this forum. Would people really have preferred to to wait another year or 2-5 years for a more finished game? I´m happy to feel as a part of dev-process(I´d love some more dev-activity on the suggestion-board though).

Isn't that the whole idea with EA? I don't understund all the frustration in this forum. Would people really have preferred to to wait another year or 2-5 years for a more finished game? I´m happy to feel as a part of dev-process(I´d love some more dev-activity on the suggestion-board though).
Not really, EA is not a beta test. The company is supposed to put the best current version out there, not a testing version. This is misunderstood by some developers in TW too.
People PLAY EA games for FUN, not to be free testers. If you treat them like testers, they'll move on.

If you treat them like testers, they'll move on.
Well... Why don't we? I mean, there are lots for frustrated players on this forum. Yet, they don't move on or they moves on but stays active on this forum, waiting for a signal to come back.. Somethnig catches them.. Us!

EA is explained on Steam even as "Be a part of the development process and help form the game". Yes, test is maybe not explicitly mentioned but everyone in the development business knows it follows untold :razz:

Well... Why don't we? I mean, there are lots for frustrated players on this forum. Yet, they don't move on or they moves on but stays active on this forum, waiting for a signal to come back.. Somethnig catches them.. Us!
The ones that move on typically won't announce they moved on. So it's easy to miss them.
For others that stay this is another annoyance that adds to the list of annoyances and may move on with the next annoyance.
Besides, they tested the high death rate for a long time now. It's just that no one there cares enough to say "okay, that was enough, now let's see if we can lower it and balance it according to player feedback".

The ones that move on typically won't announce they moved on. So it's easy to miss them.
For others that stay this is another annoyance that adds to the list of annoyances and may move on with the next annoyance.
Besides, they tested the high death rate for a long time now. It's just that no one there cares enough to say "okay, that was enough, now let's see if we can lower it and balance it according to player feedback".

Back on topic, I still believe it+s better to suggest how to fix issues rather then to hide them. Developers not listening to player feedback is another far more more severe issue and should not be discussed on the suggestion-board :smile:

what exactly are they trying to balance? the only issue I heard from the community until now is how death rates are one sided to the faction the player is in, if they truly want to balance it why not activate it in simulated battles?
Why is so many people suggesting shortcuts like this?
why not let the players who don't enjoy a fundamentally broken feature that everyone already gave feedback about enjoy their game?

Last edited:
why not let the players who don't enjoy a fundamentally broken feature that everyone already gave feedback about enjoy their game?
2 errors does not make a right. Hiding it behind a toggle and it will never be prioritized for fixing....

edit:
1. TW should have (tried to) fixed the issue long ago
2. TW should communicate a roadmap for this issue(as it gives a lot of negative attention on the forum)
3. TW should support a temporary workaround to turn up the broken code while re-iterating the issue interally.

Just need more options rather than having a check box for death and birth.
This is as huge as checking how much damage everyone is getting.

In my opinion I think there should be check boxes for

dying of old age?
lords dying in battle? clan/family members dying in battles?

I don't want to start looking for companions every other fight or having to save the game before and after every single fight, heroes should not have death ratios of soldiers you just buy, this makes no sense.

birth could be just a general thing with a check box.

Is "death in battle" only active if the player is involved in it?
Your kingdom is kinda doomed since if you try to help any allies in battle they will die soon or later (aside from 'old age'), then the khuzaits will take over the map easier

Back
Top Bottom