SP - General Legitimacy - Kingdoms, Main Quest, and many things.

Users who are viewing this thread

As of now, you can't create your own kingdom without doing the main questline, and this is seen as a detriment to sandbox by many players.

Why not introduce Legitimacy for kingdoms?

You can tie this Legitimacy with the prosperity of our fiefs. For every 10000 prosperity, we could get +1 Legitimacy per year. (This is an example, how we gain legitimacy could, of course, can be deeper than that.)

You can then make Neretzes' Folly questline an optional more legitimate way of creating a kingdom. i.e. questline could give you +20 starting Legitimacy.

And if a player wanted to create a kingdom without the quest by capturing a fief and creating a kingdom, they would start at 0 Legitimacy.

And, let's tie this Legitimacy to dialogue options with the Lords. If your kingdom has 0 Legitimacy, all of the nobles should dismiss you, as an illegitimate thief.
If you have 20 Legitimacy, maybe some weak, poor and landless nobles would want to join you. (You still have to give them something, as the current mechanic. This does not supersede it.)
If you have 40 Legitimacy, some medium level nobles would want to join you, and maybe those poor and week nobles would ask for less to join you.

If you have 60 Legitimacy, you get the idea.

And nobles should less likely be to leave you if you have high legitimacy.

Also, I believe, this would help your aim with the dynasty system you are currently building. As it would only generate +18 legitimacy until your heir comes of age.

And I believe this system can be expanded upon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom