[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make a companion the steward or w.e it should give you more options you shouldn't require cheats.

mb3i.jpg

I uploaded a pic of what it should look like. Perhaps you could try adding renown/ honor/ right to rule with cheatmenu and going to reports character, then checking to see if you can change your culture.

Swi1ch said:
I just started PoP yesterday and it's taken the best of today for me to get used to how it plays compared to native warband. I'm at a point now in the early game where I'm fairly financially stable and I'm building a small army of Adventurers to carry me through for now. My problem lies with my companions; I currently have Leslie (Trade/Loot), Ansen (Engie/Medic), Julia and I'm planning on picking up Diev pretty soon as my scout. I've mounted the three I currently have, as I want to maximise my map speed and want to avoid having three foot soliders (who aren't very good at fighting) during battles.

Every fight I have reduces their health to 10%, and obviously losing the utility skills they provide. I want to keep them in my party, because I need the skills and also want them to level up, but then I found out that Diev doesn't even have any riding stats to begin with.

Should I ditch my companions during the early game until I can field an army with some infantry to protect them with? Or should I work on building up their combat stats (Including riding) along with their utilities? I ask now because I really don't want to invest a large amount of time into my save only to find out I've gimped myself by building combat stats when I shouldn't, or not levelling companions early enough.

You should deposit most of your troops in your castle and go hunting for bandits and whatnot to make some money. Only take troops out at night to train them and keep doing quests and hunting down mobs for cash.

In my current game I haven't actually used my persuasion. If you capture lords and let them go they will like you more (most of them). If you talk to them after you've freed them then they give you a bonus in relation as a thanks. Also you can join battles with other lords to gain relation.

Once you've gotten high enough relations (not sure what that is but I had 70+ before I recruited my first lord) then you should capture and keep them after a battle. Once he's in your prisoner train talk to him and the option to join you should appear.

I've always given land to lords that joined me so I don't know what happens if you don't give them land. Certainly their armies won't be as big.

Also, I always start by taking a town. It's harder but with a high surgery I can withdraw and come back a few days later after my men have healed.  (This would be a totally different game without surgery skill).  Towns have more fiefs attached to them that you can give away. Also they make more money. I often capture several towns and castles and stock them with men before I try to recruit lords.  This way I have something to offer them and they will be able to produce better and more troops.

I also put a knight order in every town and castle.

Other things you can do for money is to talk to your steward and tell him to host a tournament. If you choose the cheapest one and you win it then you will make a few thousand on bets.

Another reason to take a town first is that no matter how many enemies are coming at you you always have a place to sell loot. You don't have to travel away from your kingdom to make money.

I have one question. I have not played in the last version, and I'm curious if that fixes a bug that was associated with the Iron Staf reflected from any armor, including peasant rags?

Is the Silvermist Halberdier a suitable replacement for the Barclay Heavy Footman?

Is it wise to have only 5-6 lords that I give all the fiefs to, so that they have huge armies, instead of a large number of lords with only a few fiefs each?

i am capturing my second castle,.. should i give to my companion when i take it, or wait if any lords deflects or if i can capture some persuade him to join me?

pontiac1532 said:
Is the Silvermist Halberdier a suitable replacement for the Barclay Heavy Footman?

Is it wise to have only 5-6 lords that I give all the fiefs to, so that they have huge armies, instead of a large number of lords with only a few fiefs each?

Barclay guys have shields and are tough as nails. The mists halberdiers are like the Sarleon ones I thought.

And yes, yes, yes.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I really couldn't think of a good way to phrase it for the search function: Why does the mod keep many of the original village and castle names?

One of the big draws of POP for me was the chance to play in an all-new map. Passing a village from the original map kinda breaks the spell, you know? It's kinda surprising to me. From my admittedly ignorant view, it seems like it wouldn't take very long to just switch out the names with something new to help complete the experience.

Thanks,
-Drake

Since I haven´t played native WB more than one minute, and native MnB for ages, it never struck my eye. Odd.

And now, switch your custom language to english, because if you don´t, native´s names are used and none of the PoP location names are shown on your map.

The content of your question had served: "vanilla native village names" had most likely popped up your answer as well.

hello master ,
1. when i play POP i want to fight all the snake cult army but always crash to desktop when i want battle with him,
2. when i want to battle the Heretic army (800++) i always crash to desktop too

can anybody solve my problem dud?  :cry:  :sad:

thanks beforeee  :oops:

Ravenstern: Amazing archers and horse archers, cheap non noble cav.
Cons: Only so so infantry, don't expect any miracles from the Kiersguard, cheap though.

Sarleon: BEst heavy cav in the game. Armored longbowmen can hold their own well enough in melee. Infantry cheap and quick to create except for halberdiers (end tier infantry)
Cons: Infantry die in droves.

Empire: Good all around. Solid infantry and crossbowmen are right to be feared. Immortals cut a  bloody swathe through almost anything, same with gladiators except the gladiators are far less armored.
Cons: Cav isn't very good. Except for the honor troops of the Shadow Legion.

D'shar: Best infatry in the game hands down. Blademasters are supposedly the most deadly foot unit in the game (I haven;t come across any yet, but D'shar bladesmen and Scorpion Assassins are still very deadly)
Cons: Crappy archers. Crappy cav. Windriders are nothing spectacular, but better than nothing.

Fierdsvairn: Solid infantry. Their shieldwalls are hard to break. Archers act more as medium infantry than archers, will wreck enemy infantry that arent top tier or at least kill a bunch before dying themselves.
Cons: no cav. At all. Their honor troops the lady Valkyries are easily the worst of the honor troops. That being said the fierds don't really NEED cavalry.

This is far from complete, but its a start to your question.

hello master ,
1. when i play POP i want to fight all the snake cult army but always crash to desktop when i want battle with him,
2. when i want to battle the Heretic army (800++) i always crash to desktop too

can anybody solve my problem dud?   

thanks beforeee 

Sounds like you're hitting video hardware limits. Check out performance related threads.

Cons: Cav isn't very good. Except for the honor troops of the Shadow Legion.
Minor note here, Shadow Legion Cav is the best unit in the game so I wouldn't call it a con.

And the Pendor Faction (For when you start your own kingdom)
Good selection of Honor troop variety. But their top tier units are weaker in comparison to all the other factions. And when I say weaker I mean, substantially weaker.
The Pendor Armored Bowmen is the only archery unit with two quivers of arrows as noosers keep pointing out. I think he's fond of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom