[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arcanum said:
I just started a new campaign and it looks like I don't have a banner equipped. I did on my last playthrough but see no option in the camp to change one. Did I just get a glitch the first time around by being allowed to have a banner the entire game, not just before I became a lord/king?

Also, when you declare yourself king you get a banner.  I've never been given a banner based on renown but I don't know everything so . . .

Arcanum said:
AnddyiRaynor said:
You picked a noble'ish character last time, this time your a peasant just get some more renown and you will be given one or cheat menu allows you to change it and I think that gives you a banner but just get more renown or pick a noble life :wink: anything veteran warrior father and above and you should get the banner.

My guys father was the one with a shadowy past..... that gets its own banner?

Clearly no.... because hes a mystery and you didn't get one anyways so why did you ask that question lol. Nobles son or Rich merchants/ Veteran warrior sons is the only guys that get it at the start. Renown should give you it after awhile but its a few hundred renown.

I just started PoP yesterday and it's taken the best of today for me to get used to how it plays compared to native warband. I'm at a point now in the early game where I'm fairly financially stable and I'm building a small army of Adventurers to carry me through for now. My problem lies with my companions; I currently have Leslie (Trade/Loot), Ansen (Engie/Medic), Julia and I'm planning on picking up Diev pretty soon as my scout. I've mounted the three I currently have, as I want to maximise my map speed and want to avoid having three foot soliders (who aren't very good at fighting) during battles.

Every fight I have reduces their health to 10%, and obviously losing the utility skills they provide. I want to keep them in my party, because I need the skills and also want them to level up, but then I found out that Diev doesn't even have any riding stats to begin with.

Should I ditch my companions during the early game until I can field an army with some infantry to protect them with? Or should I work on building up their combat stats (Including riding) along with their utilities? I ask now because I really don't want to invest a large amount of time into my save only to find out I've gimped myself by building combat stats when I shouldn't, or not levelling companions early enough.

Diev doesn't need any riding skill he's a very effective archer, I recommend keeping your companions, they just need some good armour or their own specific group so you can micromanage them more effectively.

except 2 companion that are lvl1 you can't really customize them alot, however personally  i develop all my companion as a horse archer/crossbowman. crossbow don't need any skills and its good for high lvl melee based companions, anyone under lvl 15 become horse archer. i use a int based character so i only use leslie for trade and sara for looting (pretty good looter if you are not a looter yourself), i cover all other party skills, every companion should have trainer skills (specially when they get above lvl 20).

in your case: just make a group for ansen and leslie and send this group to a corner so they won't get wounded. they won't be able to kill anyone anyway but if they survive they will get some xp + trainer skill, so don't worry about them they will lvl up in time. the only important companion is medic (ansen?) and path finder (ansen?). if you loss this two you are in trouble.

Swi1ch said:
I just started PoP yesterday and it's taken the best of today for me to get used to how it plays compared to native warband. I'm at a point now in the early game where I'm fairly financially stable and I'm building a small army of Adventurers to carry me through for now. My problem lies with my companions; I currently have Leslie (Trade/Loot), Ansen (Engie/Medic), Julia and I'm planning on picking up Diev pretty soon as my scout. I've mounted the three I currently have, as I want to maximise my map speed and want to avoid having three foot soliders (who aren't very good at fighting) during battles.

Every fight I have reduces their health to 10%, and obviously losing the utility skills they provide. I want to keep them in my party, because I need the skills and also want them to level up, but then I found out that Diev doesn't even have any riding stats to begin with.

Should I ditch my companions during the early game until I can field an army with some infantry to protect them with? Or should I work on building up their combat stats (Including riding) along with their utilities? I ask now because I really don't want to invest a large amount of time into my save only to find out I've gimped myself by building combat stats when I shouldn't, or not levelling companions early enough.

First there are better companions out there with better skills to utilize. If you look here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,151074.msg3631385.html#msg3631385 you can find a companion list and compatibility table.

How you build up your companions has a lot to do with your preferences and style of play. However, I tend to mount my companions so they can reach the battle at the same time and are better able to stay alive. I also usually start the game and play only with companions until they become stable enough to survive most battles.

Diev has no horse skills but I usually mount him anyway the first time he levels.

As a convenience I usually equip all my companions the same way. 1h blunt, shield, 1h sword, shield.  If they have good polearm skills I may add a blunt polearm as well.

As for making mistakes in your character build remember that you can always save the character and edit the file the way you want. 

Later in the game as the companion matures I may add bows and throwing weapons if there are extra points.

Still, I don't rely on companions for a few skills. Surgery, and looting are two that I max on my character. And since I play with Battle Sizer set to between 500 and 1000, I don't bother with tactics. It doesn't really help much.

i established my own kingdom, but i have serious money problems, i am losing 7 k every week and i alone cannot conquer castle alone, because i can field only 150 men.

i have few enemy lords with which i have relations 20+, is that enough to convince them to join me, i have persuation skill 5,.. i also noticed that when you capture a lord it automaticly lovers his opinion of you.

i also established falcon knights in my castle, and i noticed that there is an option for me to join them, what are + and - of that?
please i need some help from the experts, tnx.

saneel said:
i established my own kingdom, but i have serious money problems, i am losing 7 k every week and i alone cannot conquer castle alone, because i can field only 150 men.

i have few enemy lords with which i have relations 20+, is that enough to convince them to join me, i have persuation skill 5,.. i also noticed that when you capture a lord it automaticly lovers his opinion of you.

i also established falcon knights in my castle, and i noticed that there is an option for me to join them, what are + and - of that?
please i need some help from the experts, tnx.

You might have too many soldiers. How much land do you control?

If you can manage to conquer some territory, leave it unclaimed by you or any lords you have, some will come to you on their own if you have autodefect for lords toggled on.

With the knights that means if you can train up some pendor knights from pendor noblemen (nobles>squires>Knights>honor knights) you can get some kickass cavalry. Nobles cost 500 gold APIECE to recruit and die easily though so it is a risky investment. I would get your finances in order before doing this though. If you aren't pendor culture then you wasted 10k and a qualis gem too.

i have only one castle, and 200 men garrison. where can i change culture? because my stewards get me automaticly ravenster and dshar recruits o_O ?

Is it normal that Snake Cult hideouts keep popping everywhere? I'm trying to destroy them but the hideouts seem to be infinite... I've been hunting the parties for a while now but they seem to be infinite! They list as "fading" in the victory thing but they dont seem to be fading at all xD

saneel said:
i have only one castle, and 200 men garrison. where can i change culture? because my stewards get me automaticly ravenster and dshar recruits o_O ?
to change culture you have to talk to your minister

Pony said:
Is it normal that Snake Cult hideouts keep popping everywhere? I'm trying to destroy them but the hideouts seem to be infinite... I've been hunting the parties for a while now but they seem to be infinite! They list as "fading" in the victory thing but they dont seem to be fading at all xD
Is there a snake cult army running around? That or the Dread Legion?

Arcanum said:
Pony said:
Is there a snake cult army running around? That or the Dread Legion?

Nope, not anymore.

:???: Hm. Odd. I wouldnt think that small snake cult bands would count much towards the victory condition. Maybe if you let a hideout live and then repeatedly kill the bands in quick succession?

will any foreign vassal join me knowing the fact that i have only one castle? is there any use that i give a village to my own companion? and i didnt find at my minister option to change my culture to pendor :/

saneel said:
Only if you have good relations with them and take them prisoner, you're very unlikely to persuade anyone with such a weak army though unless you take them prisoner and have good relations with them.

I think it is pretty obvious that you helped the d'shar pretender or some pretender? so you won't be able to create the Kingdom of Pendor and use the Pendor culture.

Looks like youre stuck with the Windriders then. Don't feel bad they arent terrible, they're actually pretty good. Get rid of teh chapter you created and make a windriders one and youre set.

i am getting knights of the falcon and now i checked, i got ravenstern culture. is there any option that i can change to pendor? i had some plus relations with dshar before i decleared indepentand yes,.. i decleared kingdom of pendor, but i get ravenster recruits and my culture is ravenster :/ pls help :sad:

i have dshar castle, which i took from empire, i decleared kingdom of pendor, and i have ravenstern culture, ... dont know how that happen, ... can i complete the game like this? is there any way i can change culture, even with cheats or some modding in the game files, if it is not possible in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom