[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arnulf Floyd said:
Is recommanded to doing another playthrough despite having one current?

I have several games on the go at once, then when I get my "ass whooped" too many times... I have a play with another character  :party:

Currently my highest lvl is about lvl 30 day 630, A mounted archer/ 2hd.  Ruler of the Kingdom of Avalon, currently three towns & four castles, just lost one last night.  I was a vassel of Ravernstern and Gregory kept giving me all the Fiefs I took or helped to take  :smile:

My Pendor only guy is mid 20's level iirc, currently a vassel of Ravernstern on day 130 ish.
I have a Female play through about day 200 ( finding that fun but hard going  :smile: )

My poor Mettenheim character, Albrecht Drakkensblut  :fruity:  is having no fun at all ...after I blundered into the Dread legion.  It was an epic but short battle  :cry:

reiksmarshal said:
Is there a release date for 3.9.2? Just don't want to start a new game if it is close and not save compatible.
I don't think there is an estimate yet, I asked not that long ago and we don't know yet. No point in waiting, the mod is already a polished complete mod in my book, it's not in alpha or anything like that.

Arnulf Floyd said:
How to become marshall, I must have good relations with king and lords
Your king will offer you to be his marshall after some time. All you need is some renown like ~1500 and very low (0 preferably) controversy - as Huillam mentioned - to make this very likely to happen. Even if there is a voting happening for lords to determine who shall be the next marshall, the king usually chooses you regardless, once you have the requirements mentioned. If you give up the marshallship, then the next marshall will be someone else, but if he gets his marshallship taken from him due to high controversy, then you'll have the opportunity to become marshall again.

Gorvex said:
Arnulf Floyd said:
Is a way to gaining honour so faster than village defend quests
Here are some other ways to gain honor:
- release rescued ladies-in-waiting
- rescue prisoner lords from dungeons
- let lords with good personalities (upstanding, good-natured, martial and maybe even cunning if you so desire) go after fighting them
- release Noldor prisoners (Noldor Maiden Rangers, Nobles and Twilight Knights)
- at the end of the hunt down wanted man quest, reject the monetary reward
- look for vilages that are infested by bandits (not just quests!)

It doesn't matter if the lord's personality is "I eat babies and kill small furry animals for fun", releasing any lord gives you an honor boost.
If you capture them again, you get a -15 or thereabouts relation drop. :???:
It's great to get the slimy lord to a -40 or worse relationship! :twisted:

OldGreyBeard said:
It doesn't matter if the lord's personality is "I eat babies and kill small furry animals for fun", releasing any lord gives you an honor boost.
If you capture them again, you get a -15 or thereabouts relation drop. :???:
It's great to get the slimy lord to a -40 or worse relationship! :twisted:
I know, but you usually don't want to recruit lords with bad personalities for your future kingdom, that's what I meant. Therefore, it's better to just always capture them for ransom money imo. Funnily, you won't lose 15 relations with them that way the next time you speak to them. I mean they prefer getting ransomed or rotting in prison instead of getting released? LOL :lol:

Arnulf Floyd said:
How to winning renown faster because I have 1500 in 600 days
Fight a lot against similarly sized or bigger parties than your own (field battles and sieges alike) and win tournaments. Those are your primary sources of renown. Some quests also give you renown, especially the KO quests.

I have 12k renown by day 420 in my current game.

I am in day 200 but I have 45 men only comps, adventurers and mercs, how to fought odds. I not have get companions so fast and quickly how recommend mod manual and guide, because Warband and mods are hard than games played by me before

You should defeat parties of increasing sizes gradually, as your party grows bigger due to the more and more renown earned along the way. So it should be like a snowball effect :wink:

With a party of 45, I would keep defeating Vanskerries, Adventurer Companies, Mystmountain, Snake Cult, Jatu and Heretic parties of a similar size as my party (30-50), until I'll get strong enough to move onto fighting the weaker lords (<=100 units)

Of course, whenever you see a party with few men, but a lot of prisoners, defeat them and recruit those (who you want to) into your party.

I still learn many things despite I playing Warband for almost two months, is better marrying a companion rather a lord, also how to get a castle or a city faster because I get my first castle around day 450 in native

Arnulf Floyd said:
1. is better marrying a companion rather a lord,
2. how to get a castle or a city faster because I get my first castle around day 450 in native
1. Depends on whom you'd like to marry, it does't have much importance in the end. Maybe you can aim for those lords who got some special househols units (https://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_notable_lords#The_List), or companions who got relatively strong special troops (Frederick - Mettenheim, Donavan - Barclay, Boadice - Veccavian, Lethaldiran - Noldor). So that you can get access to these units through your husband's garrison. Companions always accept your proposal though, while some lords will have different kind of women in mind for marriage (or are already married to someone) :roll:

2. You need a good amount of ranged units, who do well in melee too. For castles, around 80 of them + some infantry (30-40) and fodder will do. Stay outside the walls with everyone, infantry + fodder in front, ranged units behind. Position the ranged units somewhere where they have a good spot to shoot and let them fire. Empire Armored Crossbowmen, Mercenary Sharpshooters, Ravenstern Rangers and D'Shar Ghazi Marksmen are the kind of ranged units I meant. Preferably the former two crossbowmen, as they perform the best in melee and have the most armor too. Plus they don't waste as much ammo as the archers and can keep firing for a longer time. Or, you can raise 50-60 Hero/Heroine Adventurers and just blitz a castle. When those troops are out of ammo, just charge everyone in (infantry still in front). For towns, you'll need around the double of the above. Different troop compositions and amount should work too, I was merely giving you an example on how I usually approach these "problems" :wink:

P.S.: Also, invest in Leadership skill as well (as much as you can). It increases your party size cap by +10 per point and helps you reduce the wages of your units.

1: I am surprised as female characters has many possibilities regarding marriage than males, I am already married with Vigdus Bloodsword, only which accept my proposition, marrying a companion will be in another playthrough
2: Sieges are tougher as attacker but as defender is even easy not in all situations when are allied armies
3: Which order is better for me: Valkyres or Kraken Cultists
4: I am interested by location of Al Aziz mines
5: Are Noldor Tournaments special than human ones
6: How to improve my relations with Noldor, I have try luring Noldors in army of Kjuda but afterwards they attack me because I not run away fast after battle
7: I am interested which female companion is suitable for minister
8: Which city is recommended as first walled settlement and as capital of own kingdom

Arnulf Floyd said:
3: Which order is better for me: Valkyres or Kraken Cultists
4: I am interested by location of Al Aziz mines
5: Are Noldor Tournaments special than human ones
6: How to improve my relations with Noldor, I have try luring Noldors in army of Kjuda but afterwards they attack me because I not run away fast after battle
7: I am interested which female companion is suitable for minister
8: Which city is recommended as first walled settlement and as capital of own kingdom
3. I don't know which would be better for you. Depends on your preference and playstyle. Both are good:
- Would you prefer a lean towards cavalry? Valkyries.
- Or would you like to focus on strong infantry? Krakens.

4.https://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Hidden_Mines_of_Al-Aziz

5. Yes, they are more special. You always get a reward, which can also be a Qualis Gem. And after winning 10 Elacrai tournaments, you can get a special reward. More info:
https://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Elacrai#Tournaments

6. Help the Noldor in fights, or fight against them, and release all of their prisoners for a relation increase. Also, there are 3 books which give you +10 relations with the Noldor upon reading them. One can be bought from Brother Randalf or Quigfen, the other one from Finneas de Digit and the third one can be found in the chest in Laria's castle hall (you need to own the city to gain access to the chest)

7. Doesn't matter who you appoint as a minister. They are completely equal as a minister. Just make sure that it's either a companion or your wife as a male character, and not a prominent citizen (because not all options will be available).

8. Suggested first castle: either an easily defendable one, or one that is in the Noldor forest area after befriending the Noldor (because their patrols will be a significant help as your friends). For capital towns for your kingdom, there are 4 good candidates:
- Sarleon: central location, easiest tournaments upon hosting feasts
- Singal: stationary ransom broker. Prisoners brought in by your lords can be instantly sold for huge amounts of money. Especially when you are hosting feasts and all lords around your kingdom come there to drop their prisoners into your garrison.
- Ethos: has 6 villages, which is the most upon towns. The income can be the highest if you manage to keep those villages, trade caravans and peasants safe.
- Laria: Noldor forest is near, Noldor patrols and lords can help you in defending it.
The descriptions about good defensible castles and towns: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=361639.0

P.S.: I suggest you to occasionally browse the Wikia of PoP, because you can find many answers to your questions there.

My playstyle is slow-paced and interesting but I must reconsider style to one agressive and biltz as TheVmpShow or story-driven as ArcadeKnight, from latter I begin to love Pendor, to improve my skills?

Arnulf Floyd said:
I am in day 200 but I have 45 men only comps, adventurers and mercs, how to fought odds. I not have get companions so fast and quickly how recommend mod manual and guide, because Warband and mods are hard than games played by me before
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that having higher level companions and troops will reduce the amount of renown you will receive. For instance, winning a battle with a party of 40 farmers will net more renown than winning with a party of 40 adventurers.

Arnulf Floyd said:
2: Sieges are tougher as attacker but as defender is even easy not in all situations when are allied armies
You are going to want to have a good amount of renown and also a high leadership skill, at least to make things easier. Generally speaking you need a lot of bodies for siege attacks, especially for taking towns. I recommend attacking a lightly garrisoned castle as your first target, one that is preferably near friendly castles/towns.

It would also be good to have some skill in trainer or have companions with the trainer skill. I normally travel with a small group of 30-80 elite troops however for sieges I will bring on "temporary" soldiers which will usually be used as a garrison force after the siege. I find the best temporary AKA garrison troops to be armored archers and heavy infantry with shields. The best way I find is to simply go around villages recruiting cheap troops. While doing this keep your eye out for easy 30-50 size bandit type groups which will be a good source of XP for your newbie troops, just have them sit back while you and your elites do most of the work. Also, another easy way to get free troops is to simply rescue prisoners, which a lot of times can be found in these small groups of bandits you should be hunting anyway. Once you have most of the army at around mid-level or higher you are ready to siege. Just remember to buy more food incrementally as you increase your party size.

Edit: When I say "bandit group" I am using that as a catchall phrase to refer to the many minor factions (particularly their smaller patrols) that you either are hostile with and/or do not intend to improve relations with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom