[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is recommended to keep going current playthrough which is already third in Pendor or start a newer one because my issues mentioned above

Arnulf Floyd said:
Is recommended to keep going current playthrough which is already third in Pendor or start a newer one because my issues mentioned above
No matter how badly you screw up something in Mount & Blade, your character cannot be killed for good. You'll always have the arenas (and eventually tournaments) to earn some starting money if you can't solo the weaker bandits anymore due to loss of equipment and no money in your pockets. So you can always start over within the same game. As such, I'd never advise anyone to drop a savegame and start a new one until it's not considered to be finished. In fact, I find it very intriguing to keep "struggling" as it's much more challenging and enjoyable than the late-game imo.

Thanks, I will keep going playthrough, problem is I not found Koningur Valdis to ask to be released from my oath to him and joining Ravenstern because there winning renown is faster compared to other kingdoms because Mystmountain Bandits

Arnulf Floyd said:
Thanks, I will keep going playthrough, problem is I not found Koningur Valdis to ask to be released from my oath to him and joining Ravenstern because there winning renown is faster compared to other kingdoms because Mystmountain Bandits
Yeah, good idea, Ravenstern is probably the easiest start anyways (isolated and weaker bandits, plus fast-training troops)

@Gorvex,
Your hints are helpfull as usual, they enlighten me in difficult moments regarding Pendor

Ravenstern are similar to Vaegirs from native because they have finest archers second to Noldor, also Ravenstern have four cities opposed to three of Fierdsvain, Madame Ursula is claimant which I sympathetise so much than King Gregory. Mettenheim style and all-female troops sounds both good to me, but I do a normal style campaign. I must playing Floris for improve my skills for to be prepared better for Pendor

How to become a good lancer because this weapon intrigues me for using in battles, also I can't locate Koningur Valdis or Fierdsvain lords such as Vigdus Bloodswood, my husband

You want a weapon than can deliver couched lance damage (those usually have lance in their names), and a quick horse.
With enough speed your character should lower the lance and then anything you hit with the tip of the weapon should take massive damage.

Thanks, Hulliam, but I learn with your hints, is interesting as Fierdsvain is listed as faction despite not having settlements, but restoring to former glory taking ages to be achieved, both D'shar and Ravenstern have do peace with Nords and I wandering through foreign lands

Arnulf Floyd said:
How to become a good lancer because this weapon intrigues me for using in battles
If you haven't used the lance as a primary weapon in at least one campaign you are not living correctly my friend. Go do yourself a favor and pump points in to riding skill, polearm proficiency, and buy a balanced long lance (many variations of knightly orders).

In your options you can choose to manually couch the lance or have the game automatically do it for you, feel free to play around with both options but I would recommend putting on automatic for now.

As a lancer, your largest threat, aside from high damage missiles, is other lancers. So it is very helpful to have the longer lance to out joust them without risk. If you are facing someone with a longer lance than you, simply hit their horse from the side until they are dismounted. Not a very honorable tactic but it works.

As Gorvex said you're not doomed as you could always start again from scratch and rebuild your forces but as you're not accustomed to pendor I'd suggest to start a new playthrough and go through things much much more slowly.
Right now it feels like you're constantly struggling against many complex things while still lacking the basics.

Just take your time, pendor isn't a rush. Taking years to build your character is not only fine it's also safer.

I will begin newer one in parallel with that actual but I will playing in my usual slow-paced playstyle. I like to be lady because many things are easy, but how to marrying a lord with special units and castle, only lords with villages accept marriage propositions or wait until I founding a kingdom for marrying one of companions - Freddy, Siggy, Don, Leth :iamamoron: :iamamoron: :iamamoron: or Boadice, latter sounds weird :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:  Early game is even challenge but I wish to start in Ravenstern because there is haven for manhunters for have renown in shorth time, which character creation options are recommended

I've been wondering how much percentage of their life the various spawns that can award a qualis gem needed to appear on the battlefield.
Looking at the wiki (and assuming the numbers here are accurate as of 3.9.1) here's the answer (an answer quicker than light in fact!):
Aeldarian8%
Alaric14%
Burilgi13%
Eyegrim8%
Firuz the Brazen23%
Grandilon21%
Ithilrandir8%
Jarryn Maersow18%
K'Juda14%
Kapitan Gerhart19%
Kodan14%
Lothario22%
Lydia de Sarno16%
Maltise12%
Meregan Kierlic14%
Obrist Heynrich12%
Oswald de Fleur14%
Rasmus Devatica14%
Rufio Vicente19%
Sebastokrator17%
Seeress8%
Sheik Shalavan14%
Shiruzah19%
Sir Boris14%
Sir Morcas VII18%
Sir Timothy18%
Syla Uzas13%
Toblik16%
Velasco Perfecta5%
Verante Kruus21%
Warlord Zulkar14%
Wolfbode8%

I've added Eyegrim and the Seeress for the unlikely case where their life would drop under 15 and yet they'd survive their fight (altough I suspect the Seeress to be considered a generic units and to not display her life as a percentage).

My beloved Lady Qutala is nowhere to be found. At first it happened when her incompetent brother lost his castle. I assumed that she was used as an hostage by the Empire. Once the war ended she sent a message asking me to meet her. But by the time I reached her new residence she disappeared again.

While I except her to reappear eventually, what the hell is causing this? Having both her tutor and the khan without fief?

Huillam said:
I mean no disrespect to your lady sir but I've met goat prettier than that poor girl!

Maybe it's different in other games but that lady is basically Qutala with different hair without that pixelated forelock.

How long is too long to be a mercenary? Im at day 200 and I kinda want to take the jump into owning land and being a vassal. I have 130,000+ denars saved up from mercenary work and Looting. However my army is 120+ Top tier troops and my weekly wage is about 5000 denars a week. I know the king is only going to give me a basic village once i swear to be his vassal which won't even come close too my troop cost. But if i get rid of my troops then i become a target and alot weaker.

As long as you don't gain more than 30 RtR you can stay a mercenary as long as you want. I tend to completly skip the whole vassal stage myself: I can easily be a mercenary for more than 1000 days.

@sher : There's a tiny bit of clipping on her left cheek but nothing more. She's the cutest of all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom