lance's questions, part 2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Lancefighter

Sergeant at Arms
So guys, i finally managed to finish off swadia. I took all buy uxhal or whatever by myself, damn nords didnt want to help me out at all. I only got suno and dihrim though...
I take that back.

I got suno. The others my king tried to give away. I accepted it the first time, but not the second. MY TOWN. So i told him to go procreate with himself, and i kept MY TOWNS.

Except...

Now everyone hates me :\ (except the veagirs, they love me)

It seems that every time i turn my back the khergits, who own a SINGLE castle near me (the one near the river, between suno and dihrim) try to siege dihrim. They have sucessfully captured it... 3 times now? Its ok, because with TML's fix, i can siege it all day long ^^ (gotten pretty good at it too... >.< )
However, king ragnar also seems to want suno back! and i need to expand my land... and get more lords.

But whenever i talk to lords, they are the same ones ive talked to before.. I have talked to maybe a dozen of the 20+ lords (some from swadia), and gotten 4 or so of them to come with me. The nords arent at war anymore i think (except for with me)... Where are all their lords? i KNOW there are more out there. (i try not to cheat too)

yet another question; how am i supposed to fight khergits in the field? :\ 40+ horses, most of them with ranged stuff... not a good combination for my combination cavalry/nord/archer army. I get the feeling stand ground + get closer wont work because of both their numbers and their ranged weapons, but i just cant think of a better way.

one more: What exactly does better armor do? just decrease the amount of damage you take? is it simply a matter of 40 damage minus 30 armor = 10 hp lost?

Can i stop wars between my faction (nord rebels) and others? can i get one of those peace quests from a guild master guy for this?

umm...
I think thats all for now! Thanks guys  :grin:

wait wait one last one! Does that big red box talking about the new post guidelines ever go away?

one more: What exactly does better armor do? just decrease the amount of damage you take? is it simply a matter of 40 damage minus 30 armor = 10 hp lost?
Armor reduces damage. How much damage it reduces depends on the type. It works best against cutting, then piercing, then bashing. On the other hand cutting usually has a higher base damage.

Can i stop wars between my faction (nord rebels) and others? can i get one of those peace quests from a guild master guy for this?
Yep, get that quest.

wait wait one last one! Does that big red box talking about the new post guidelines ever go away?
Never.

MountainBlade said:
Armor reduces damage. How much damage it reduces depends on the type. It works best against cutting, then piercing, then bashing. On the other hand cutting usually has a higher base damage.
So the best way to ignore armor is to use a blunt weapon? Interesting... Ive always found arrows to be rather effective no matter what armor the other guy has (well, some lords have some crazy armor...) this would be because of high pierce damage i suppose.
Speed also comes into play here, correct? but is the speed multiplier taken into effect before or armor the armor defense modifier? (assuming simple damage resistance: I do 20 damage, he has 30 armor, and i have a +100% speed modifier. Is it done (20-30)*2? or (20*2) - 30?)

Meh whatever, suppose it doesnt really matter.

What becomes a respectable amount of armor to have? 50s? 70s?

Arrows deal piercing damage which is reasonably effective against armor.
I don't know the exact formulas. They're somewhere on the forum if you want to search. It makes sense that speed would be applied first but I don't know. I do know that speed increases damage exponentially.

What kind of armor you need really depends on what you're doing and your character. Right now I play an archer/commander. I spend most of the battle moving horses via the minimap and shooting enemies. I only enter melee at the end. Whit high athletics I can easily get by with the green steppe armor, which iss something in the 20s.
On the other hand, if you play a frontline fighter you would need more armor.

Remember though that on horses your encumbrance doesn't matter. If you don't plan on getting unhorsed you might be able to use plate with 0 athletics. If you do get unhorsed though...

And yes, blunt is best against armor.

Lancefighter said:
yet another question; how am i supposed to fight khergits in the field? :\ 40+ horses, most of them with ranged stuff... not a good combination for my combination cavalry/nord/archer army. I get the feeling stand ground + get closer wont work because of both their numbers and their ranged weapons, but i just cant think of a better way.
Archers or fast cavalry help. Standing ground and waiting for them to run out of arrows may be an option; they're not the best shots and as long as you have plenty of shields the damage should be minimal. If you're an archer / cavalryman yourself try taking out the horses rather than the riders, your men can finish off the Khergit themselves while you concentrate on slowing down the next one.
Far more complicated :razz:

Armour provides between 50% - 100% of the listed protection per hit against cutting damage. Blunt can knock around a third off this, and piercing will halve it.
If you get the right quest, yes.
Nope :razz:

Back
Top Bottom