Knights Mod for 1.011. WIP --Beta 2, Updated Jan 19--

Users who are viewing this thread

So far the biggest battle I've played was ~220 Crusaders against ~80 Rhodoks, and had little lag.

The one thing that has bugged me thus far is the Steppe Raider parties. Since the Khergits are out of the game, perhaps removing them would be ok?

Benz282 said:
So far the biggest battle I've played was ~220 Crusaders against ~80 Rhodoks, and had little lag.

The one thing that has bugged me thus far is the Steppe Raider parties. Since the Khergits are out of the game, perhaps removing them would be ok?
Make 'em into Arab raiders instead. There are already some cool helms in the game for them.  :smile:

Couched said:
are you goin' to expand more this mod?...i don't know...other features such as shield bash and that kind of stuff...the personal kingdom option..there are a lot of good idea in lords and realms that you can take...(if you have the permission fo course..) :smile:

in the armor sector i suggest you to ask a permission to the 1257 mod for it kinght's helm...that is really spectacular :smile:

As it happens i actually sent a pm to Ursca last night, asking permission to use the barrel helmet and kettle hat from the 1257 edition mod (as you probably can tell from my sig i am a huge fan of that mod  :smile: ). if he ok's it i will ask Spanky aswell, since i reccon the models were made for his mod, and if they are both ok with it the helmets will be in the next version.

I have also asked Tooff if i can use his helmets from his "crusaders" mod.

I dont know the first thing about modelling myself, and i am one of those people that refuse to read tutorials, but i just managed to come up with something that could be mistaken for a crusader version of the native great helmet with wings. All i did was add a part of the Ladies wimple model to it.

clhelmmh8.jpg

As for shield bash, that could happen.. possibly... eventually. Im not much of a coder and it seems like quite a bit of work. I will not add formations or morale though.
I would really like to include the personal kingdom stuff, but once again.. i look at the code and go "dooooh!  :shock:". Hopefully it will be added eventually though.

Once i feel the mod is getting closer to being finished i will release the source, so anyone can add or remove whatever they want.  :smile:

well...they're overall really good news.. :smile:

thank you for your fast reply and good job with the new helmet (and even with the traduction of my writing...i've just noticed a lot of error)... :smile:

yes, the code part is somethin' really to go mad with!! maybe (not mw! i'm an idiot in modding mount and blade :mrgreen: ) someone who's some coder skill could help you... :smile:

good luck! :smile:

How do i get an Order Knight with the red cross? i only get the Zendrarian something when I look for meccereneisen xD sorry cant spell the word but you know the one that you find in Taverns :razz: So pllz tell me where i get the Holy army from ^^ xD

Desdichado. It is spanish for misfortunate or miserable. That shield design is from the 1982..?  version of "Ivanhoe". In that context i think it stands for desinherited, ie "the desinherited knight".
I was thinking of adding it as starting gear in case the player chose "an impoverished noble", "a squire" and "being forced out of your home" in character creation. Im not sure how to make that work though, so for the moment you get that gear just by chosing "squire" and the other choises doesnt matter.

Edit: Seems like most people prefer to play the Kingdom of Tulga. Should i add some more versions of crusader style banners or are you happy using their faction banner?

Couched said:
Sam Gillis said:
did you put your other custom textures in it so you can buy them in the shops ? I hope you did

All but the swedish armor and the flemish armor are in (i guess the flemish one is the one you are after) I had those in a different .BRF file and so i forgot to add them to this version.  :sad:
Both the brf file and the textures ARE included tho so you can add them quite simply using the item editor. I will make sure they are properly included in the next release.

Edit: I will also do something about the flemish knight as i find the colours a bit to bright atm.
ok

yeah you are right they are a bit To bright at the moment

Couched said:
Desdichado. It is spanish for misfortunate or miserable. That shield design is from the 1982..?  version of "Ivanhoe". In that context i think it stands for desinherited, ie "the desinherited knight".
I was thinking of adding it as starting gear in case the player chose "an impoverished noble", "a squire" and "being forced out of your home" in character creation. Im not sure how to make that work though, so for the moment you get that gear just by chosing "squire" and the other choises doesnt matter.

Edit: Seems like most people prefer to play the Kingdom of Tulga. Should i add some more versions of crusader style banners or are you happy using their faction banner?
more please :grin: :grin: :grin:(lol) :grin:

When you add the swedish armor i will probably have a hard time playing any other mod than this. It is looking great and will you be adding tweaks like getting all your taxes by visiting one village and such?

An horse for crusaders with plate and mail would be cool... its the only one i couldn't find...

Sure i could add one of those. I intentionally left it out just to get some diversity between the factions, but i could add 1 or 2 and add them to the lords and vendors.

When you add the swedish armor i will probably have a hard time playing any other mod than this. It is looking great and will you be adding tweaks like getting all your taxes by visiting one village and such?

Unfortunately the swedish armor is one of the first i made and its kinda crappy. Im a swede myself though so i might just make a new one eventually.  :smile:
I will be adding some tweaks and possibly some new features. I have a ton of ideas but i am limited by my non existing coding skills. The tax tweak you mention you can add yourself though by editing the text files.
Have a look at these tweaks by ThemageLord, they pretty much lets you customize any mod to suit your own taste.  :smile:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.0.html

and what about Khergit Knights??? Are there Khergits anymore???

do I have to start a new game, or can I use this in my native-save... ???

So i have been going over the module system tonight trying to figure things out, but in all honesty...  i think i am going to need some help for most of the things i want to do with it.

These are the things i would like to add to the mod before it can be considered "finished", but that i dont think i will be able to pull off by myself.

1. Add some special troops to be recruited from certain towns in one way or another. Those troops should be avaliable to the player and they should also show up in the armies of the faction currently in control of that specific town.

2. Some kind of player kingdom options, preferebly one where you can recruit your own lords and select your kingdoms culture. I am thinking this code "belongs" to someone though so i will have to find out who and ask their permission.

3. Knightly tournaments, much like in 1257 edition mod, where all the participants are knights and enter combat using their own gear and horses. Spanky has been kind enough to promise to send me his code for this, and maybe.. just maybe this will be enough for me to actually manage to do the rest myself.  :oops: I actually had a go at it before contacting Spanky, but i only managed to end up with an arena full of player clones swinging away at eachother with twohanded practise swords..  ehrm.

4. I made these smaller banners to be used by the factions flag carriers, using a model from the OSP weapons pack.( I cant remember right now who made it but i will make sure to add the proper credits once i get them ingame).
Problem is it turns out the model was made for an earlier version of M&B and the animations have changed since, so it needs to be re-rigged, and as usual i am clueless.
smallbannersty9.jpg

If Anyone would be willing to help out with one or more of these things that would be great! And credits would be given in Bold, underlined letters on the front page of course.  :lol:
In case you feel that you can and want to help out, please post here or send me a pm and i will make the source avaliable to you. In case someone wants to help rig the banner, they can be found in the .brf file named "OSP" in the current release of the mod

Very nice standards. I enjoy seeing the medieval theme about the faction colors and designs. As for rigging them, I really can't help you with that and its tough finding a person who can properly rigg these days.

Back
Top Bottom