SP Fantasy Kingdoms of Arda (Lord of the Rings for Bannerlord)

Users who are viewing this thread

Swan knight indeed :smile:
YvSVDxO.png
Based on TaroM's Swan Knight model, he created them as a submod for Third Age Total War. They also draw inspiration from 2nd age armour.

And the sword is a cleaver from Isengard:razz:

TheWarArmoury said:
No reply as of yet:/

I asked about something similar and unfortunately the answer was no.

Also, I was inspired by your work and decided to take a crack at a Rohirrim helm:
M30Eg.jpg

Thanks guys :smile:. Now I just have to figure out how to make it look properly metallic. This PBR stuff is confusing...

kraggrim said:
Thanks guys :smile:. Now I just have to figure out how to make it look properly metallic. This PBR stuff is confusing...
It does look strange - it seems like you mixed leather and metal using magic, and made a helm out of it.
Also, i've got a suggestion: add a neckguard or aventail.
I really like the trims/carvings though, great work.

kraggrim said:
I'd suggest trying out substance painter, might not be the best for that model as you have already textured it. But it really makes it easier to grasp:smile:

I also bring an update;
newerUrukHaiJPEG.jpg
Last Uruk-Hai that will be done for awhile. 8K resolution so you can see the finer details:razz:

Well I have another program which is maybe similar, so should be able to make something work.
mXNzV.jpg

Nice uruk stuff, but (and I could be wrong here) isn't their chainmail hanging in the wrong direction?

kraggrim said:
Well I have another program which is maybe similar, so should be able to make something work.
mXNzV.jpg

Nice uruk stuff, but (and I could be wrong here) isn't their chainmail hanging in the wrong direction?
Kraggrim, that helmet is astonishing.
What program are you using to model?

TheWarArmoury said:
kraggrim said:
I'd suggest trying out substance painter, might not be the best for that model as you have already textured it. But it really makes it easier to grasp:smile:

I also bring an update;
newerUrukHaiJPEG.jpg
Last Uruk-Hai that will be done for awhile. 8K resolution so you can see the finer details:razz:
Those uruk-hai armours look gorgeous.
Are you going to make this guy too, as a unit?
review_berserker_large.jpg

Also, devs, is the Dale siege scene going to be something like this? I'm pretty sure it can be done with the new engine  :fruity:
latest

TheGreatGold said:
Are you going to make this guy too, as a unit?
review_berserker_large.jpg
Yes definitely, berserker is in the troop tree for Isengard:smile:

That's his sword in that picture and his helmet will be very similar to the commanders.

TheGreatGold said:
Also, devs, is the Dale siege scene going to be something like this? I'm pretty sure it can be done with the new engine  :fruity:
latest

We'd love to. Going to do our best to replicate Dale and Erebor. Most of the guys in the picture will be made, along with banners and trolls(not sure about great beasts though). So the remaining factor is the size, this will depend on how optimized TW makes it and how high your computer can handle battle sizer.

Slightly resembles Rohirrim attire at lower tiers while the upper tiers are strongly dwarven influenced with some unique local flavor. Thats how I imagine equipment of Dale. Depiction in movie was weird. Soldiers looked awkward, like they were in a costume party. An Italian looking city with asian and black people,  Soldiers supposed to look medieval Russian I guess but looked rather like some kind of fairy tale royal guards. Worst depiction of a people/army in whole Lotr and Hobbit series I think.

TLD and TATW' Dale military was better.

I always tought that Dale was Kievan Rus'-like, in terms of weapons and armour.
How it looks like in my mind:
serbian_light_cavalryman_armor_by_zimke.png
(image from AOC 2) (shame on the AOC 2 devs for not releasing the models)

Back
Top Bottom