SP Fantasy Kingdoms of Arda (Lord of the Rings for Bannerlord)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mmmhh looks very good, but it could use some darker color, blackish, its looks too much like a normal medieval Armor in my opinion.

Good stuff tho
 
Thanks for the input:smile:
http://i.imgur.com/QsmC25n.png here it is not in direct sunlight, how you'd see it in the movies. The only time they're in the day light is when Gandalf and Eomer arrive.
 
TheWarArmoury said:
Thanks for the input:smile:
http://i.imgur.com/QsmC25n.png here it is not in direct sunlight, how you'd see it in the movies. The only time they're in the day light is when Gandalf and Eomer arrive.
Why the claws though?
 
Why I did them? Part of the Weta design. http://www.goblinscavern.com/otherimages/preorder/WT860101632lg.jpg

Why Weta did them? I presume for close unarmed engagements:razz:
 
Some suggestions, cant confirm how lore friendly they are.

-Troll Caves:  Randomly but rarely appears at the edges of evil inhabited mountain chains. You face a ferocious group of trolls, if you defeat them you get loot, be it gold, various equipment, if you are very lucky you get some ancient Elvish or Numenorean weapons, armor pieces or expensive to sell artifacts. You know where I got the idea from :grin:

-If you lead the conquest of Moria, you definietly get a mithril armor. Adjusted to your race(Man, Elf or Dwarf)

-Certain characters having dialogue options to give player some history lesson. Nothing very long and boring, just a quick summary to give some immersion. Galadriel(Early Elvish and Noldor history), Celeborn(Sindar history) etc.

-Maglor quest? This guy is not confirmed to be death or sailed west. May be not entirely lore friendly but I thought it would feel awesome to meet a son of Fëanor. My idea is, when you get enough prestige(or whatever its gonna be in the game) and enough relationship with Galadriel or Elrond. They tell a story about the history of sons of feanor. When you learn that Maglor might still be alive, you get excited and you want to find him. They tell you that its futile but let you try anyway. All you know is he's traveling through the entire western coast line if he's still alive. When you find him he gets attacked by a group of bandits, you and your companions rush to help. Afterwards you have a deep dialogue with him and finally convince him to join you as there is still hope for middle east and his skills and experience would be very helpful. But if you think a character of his importance would look weird in player's company, he might just become a lord to Imladris or something.

-An Avari Elf settlement for Dorwinion where you can recruit Avari warriors. Again I don't know how lore friendly this is. But a single remnant village in some woods wouldn't hurt I guess. Would add a nice flavour without much effort in my opinion.


I will add more.
 
SixRibbons said:
Some suggestions, cant confirm how lore friendly they are.

-Troll Caves:  Randomly but rarely appears at the edges of evil inhabited mountain chains. You face a ferocious group of trolls, if you defeat them you get loot, be it gold, various equipment, if you are very lucky you get some ancient Elvish or Numenorean weapons, armor pieces or expensive to sell artifacts. You know where I got the idea from :grin:
Can i know where did you get the idea from? Surely from a mod.
 
Sherlock Holmes said:
Very nice stuff going on here!
Thanks, good to hear!

SixRibbons said:
Some suggestions, cant confirm how lore friendly they are.

-Troll Caves:  Randomly but rarely appears at the edges of evil inhabited mountain chains. You face a ferocious group of trolls, if you defeat them you get loot, be it gold, various equipment, if you are very lucky you get some ancient Elvish or Numenorean weapons, armor pieces or expensive to sell artifacts. You know where I got the idea from :grin:

I like it:smile: Would be a good thing if hard enough.

-If you lead the conquest of Moria, you definietly get a mithril armor. Adjusted to your race(Man, Elf or Dwarf)

Well this, we want to be THE quest line for the Dwarves. And you have the chance/ability to recover a full suit of mithril armour through a HUGE quest line. It'll be "Durin's Armour, Durin's Helmet, etc". It will be one of the few mithril armours in the game. As non dwarf factions you will be able to get mithril reinforced armour once mining it or in quests(for example gondorian citadel helms were supposed to be mithril), of course there is a pesky Balrog in the way:razz:

-Certain characters having dialogue options to give player some history lesson. Nothing very long and boring, just a quick summary to give some immersion. Galadriel(Early Elvish and Noldor history), Celeborn(Sindar history) etc.

A definite yes:smile:

-Maglor quest? This guy is not confirmed to be death or sailed west. May be not entirely lore friendly but I thought it would feel awesome to meet a son of Fëanor. My idea is, when you get enough prestige(or whatever its gonna be in the game) and enough relationship with Galadriel or Elrond. They tell a story about the history of sons of feanor. When you learn that Maglor might still be alive, you get excited and you want to find him. They tell you that its futile but let you try anyway. All you know is he's traveling through the entire western coast line if he's still alive. When you find him he gets attacked by a group of bandits, you and your companions rush to help. Afterwards you have a deep dialogue with him and finally convince him to join you as there is still hope for middle east and his skills and experience would be very helpful. But if you think a character of his importance would look weird in player's company, he might just become a lord to Imladris or something.

This sounds very cool! Will copy it down somewhere!

-An Avari Elf settlement for Dorwinion where you can recruit Avari warriors. Again I don't know how lore friendly this is. But a single remnant village in some woods wouldn't hurt I guess. Would add a nice flavour without much effort in my opinion.

This will be a no. I know DaC has elves there which is cool but if we add Avari Elves(and orocarni Dwarves) There will be a place on the map east. We have discussed this and decided maybe after we have finished all of eriador, Rhovanion and the south. For the time before there will only be access through to them through quests and such.(Back to the khazad dum quest:wink:)

I will add more.

Looking forward to it!
 
Oh that dwarven quest line sounds indeed better. And glad to hear that you already planned such deep stuff. Really wish I had some skills to be part of this.
 
Yeah the conquering of Moria will be a benefit of mithril to whatever (good) race that takes it. Just that the Dwarven questline involved yields more rewards, just as the other factions/races have their own main quest line and rewards  :smile:

And giving discussion and ideas is essential as well, not to mention that if one really wants to be a content creator in Bannerlord the scening might be a good place to start!
 
Found out about this just now, the models look really good so far.  :party: The elven armor in TLD had such a nicer style though, in my own opinion.
 
I can't entirely agree. Their Elvish items had their ups and downs. Some of them looked too ceremonial and not that practical in my opinion. And didn't liked some of the helmet designs. Woodland armors were great though. My favourite elves in game. TLD shoul definietly stay as a base o inspiration.
 
Vraelomon said:
Found out about this just now, the models look really good so far.  :party: The elven armor in TLD had such a nicer style though, in my own opinion.
Thanks! And not sure if you mean the movie elves or the ones we previewed. If it is the latter, that one is going to be reworked to look better:smile: If it is the former, we want to use most of the Movie designs. But we can look to TLD when wanting inspiration for things we dont see in the movies.
 
Just a little thing i want to say.
As you already made models of some armors, you should separate the cloaks (or hides, furs for wild men, you got it) from body armor, as in bannerlord cloaks/hides are going to be separate items in a separate slot.
 
Well at the moment we have the armour in multiple segments. ie helmet, chestplate, arms, pauldrons, cape. So no worries, just takes a couple clicks to combine the necessary things.
 
TheWarArmoury said:
Well at the moment we have the armour in multiple segments. ie helmet, chestplate, arms, pauldrons, cape. So no worries, just takes a couple clicks to combine the necessary things.
Hah! Very nice! :razz:
 
Thought I'd make a quick update.
Posted a FaQ on Moddb:
-How can you create a mod for a game that is not out yet?
Without access to the game we cannot. However we can certainly create plans for the mod, which we are currently doing. Factions, items, quests, locations, troops and much more can be discussed. Moreover we create 3D assets to use when the game is released. This is an extremely time consuming process and can be done without any mod tools.

-How long after Bannerlord will KoA release?
We cannot say right now. It depends on how much we want to release and how quickly we can learn the tools for Bannerlord. A early estimate for a solid build is 6+ months. Of course there will be testing and maybe even an alpha before that.

-What art direction will this mod be taking?
We will be following the Weta designs for the movies almost entirely. We will use other sources such as concept, Games Workshop and previous Lord of the Rings modifications.

-When will KoA take place in?
T.A. 3016 aprox. 2 years before the fellowship leaves Rivendell.

-Where will KoA take place?
We plan to cover a very large portion of Middle Earth. Although first only Gondor, Rohan and Mordor the map will be expanded far in all directions. Possible even reaching the Orocarni Mountains at a point.

-Will X troop have X equipment?
We will try to make every troop unique as possible. No orc will share equipment with a human and no man shall use a native armour.

-What are the factions?
Moddb.com

-What races will there be?
Men, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Goblins, Uruks and Trolls.

-How will races differ?
Each race will have preset abilities. Dwarves will be much stronger and have more hitpoints while being slower and abominable riders. Elves will be more agile and Men will be overall average. Of course each will have special skeletons and equipment restrictions.

-Will there be banners on the field of battle?
If there are no field banners in the base game we will take it upon ourselves to add them in.

-Can I help?
Yes. We are currently looking for 3D and 2D artists at the moment. We can always use people to give suggestions. And later we will want sceners, scripters, writers, testers and voice actors. Contact me here or at my steam Steamcommunity.com if you are interested.
If you have any questions of your own you can post and I will get to it:smile:

Also some troop trees for those of you that it interests:
highElves.png

mirwoodElves.png

And finally I thought I would show some progress behind the scenes as it's Halloween :party:
WuqiK3s.png

aipaz7g.png
Just something small, hopefully you enjoyed!
 
TheWarArmoury said:
Thought I'd make a quick update.
Posted a FaQ on Moddb:
-How can you create a mod for a game that is not out yet?
Without access to the game we cannot. However we can certainly create plans for the mod, which we are currently doing. Factions, items, quests, locations, troops and much more can be discussed. Moreover we create 3D assets to use when the game is released. This is an extremely time consuming process and can be done without any mod tools.

-How long after Bannerlord will KoA release?
We cannot say right now. It depends on how much we want to release and how quickly we can learn the tools for Bannerlord. A early estimate for a solid build is 6+ months. Of course there will be testing and maybe even an alpha before that.

-What art direction will this mod be taking?
We will be following the Weta designs for the movies almost entirely. We will use other sources such as concept, Games Workshop and previous Lord of the Rings modifications.

-When will KoA take place in?
T.A. 3016 aprox. 2 years before the fellowship leaves Rivendell.

-Where will KoA take place?
We plan to cover a very large portion of Middle Earth. Although first only Gondor, Rohan and Mordor the map will be expanded far in all directions. Possible even reaching the Orocarni Mountains at a point.

-Will X troop have X equipment?
We will try to make every troop unique as possible. No orc will share equipment with a human and no man shall use a native armour.

-What are the factions?
Moddb.com

-What races will there be?
Men, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Goblins, Uruks and Trolls.

-How will races differ?
Each race will have preset abilities. Dwarves will be much stronger and have more hitpoints while being slower and abominable riders. Elves will be more agile and Men will be overall average. Of course each will have special skeletons and equipment restrictions.

-Will there be banners on the field of battle?
If there are no field banners in the base game we will take it upon ourselves to add them in.

-Can I help?
Yes. We are currently looking for 3D and 2D artists at the moment. We can always use people to give suggestions. And later we will want sceners, scripters, writers, testers and voice actors. Contact me here or at my steam Steamcommunity.com if you are interested.
If you have any questions of your own you can post and I will get to it:smile:

Also some troop trees for those of you that it interests:
highElves.png

mirwoodElves.png

And finally I thought I would show some progress behind the scenes as it's Halloween :party:
WuqiK3s.png

aipaz7g.png
Just something small, hopefully you enjoyed!
Are the models elven equipment?
 
Back
Top Bottom