Killing Musicians

Users who are viewing this thread

drdoom151

Sergeant at Arms
Hello everyone!

I've been seeing a lot of people killing musicians lately so I'm wondering what your opinion is on this matter.
I personally think musicians shouldn't be killed, unless they are armed or are preventing a round from ending. I don't kill musicians, simply because it was something they didn't do back then, just like shooting an officer in a linebattle.  Aside from that they don't pose any threat and just bring some nice music to the battlefield. What do you guys think? Do you kill musicians yourself, and why do or do you not do it? Would it be nice to have some sort of 'Don't kill the musicians' movement on steam?

I'm looking forward to read your replies!

Killing musicians is as bad as killing a ranker. Musicians weren't designed to make people turn pacifist, because someone is 'playing music' - you bought this game to fight and kill, people who get upset over being killed as a musician are childish in my opinion.

Edit: The music is most of the time always awful too... When someone picks up that fife... :sad:

Hawkes said:
Killing musicians is as bad as killing a ranker. Musicians weren't designed to make people turn pacifist, because someone is 'playing music' - you bought this game to fight and kill, people who get upset over being killed as a musician are childish in my opinion.

Alright I get your point, but don't you think that it's kind off cheap to kill a musician when there's other enemies around? My personal thought is that people who kill musicians are childish, because most musicians are defenseless.

It's what I often wondered. I always get mad at my teammates for killing musicians for one reason:

Why shoot the guy playing music, instead of the guy next to him with a loaded musket, who will probably rape the team?

I kill musicians if they are in my way, same as people who surrender. In mount and blade its unfortunate that there is no way to consider surrendering enemies as non combatants so as is I just aim to end the round as fast as possible.

If its a linebattle though I let them live and serve as musical servants.

drdoom151 said:
Hawkes said:

Alright I get your point, but don't you think that it's kind off cheap to kill a musician when there's other enemies around? My personal thought is that people who kill musicians are childish, because most musicians are defenseless.

That's a whole different story. If there was a ranker I'd kill him first.

I say don't kill em most of the time a musician is just trying to do his job playing music for the army
However i just have to pull the trigger when i see an enemy standing near the door of the enemy's left flank entrance on a siege map and unfortunately it was the fifler XD
However turn your back and musicians may slice you when your not looking XD
Id say let em do their job because they give faster reload rate for fifler and i think hit accuracy for trumphet so id say take cover and ignore them and let em be if near enemy units 
I mean they are just trying to support the army with lifting music  :grin:

If i play as a musician i will try and kill any enemies that come near me so when playing as a soldier i operate under the expectation that they want to kill me as well.

And even if they are peaceful that makes me want to kill them even more. Too many times I have been attacked by enemies whilst a group of musicians just stand there not helping anyone.

If a musician wants to play music to buff his teammates, go for it but help them out when they are being attack otherwise you just wasting a slot on a team.

Death to the musician killers!

Though really, I see no reason to do so unless he starts to bother you, or you simply must do so in-order to end the battle. All they do is play inspiring music. Nothing harmful. Being a musician (on the rare occasions that Millander lets me do it...) myself, I generally stay out of the fight, besides, as far as I know, the bonuses they give aren't active on most LB servers. But if they are... then I suppose... kill the musicians!
Also...
Gizmo01 said:
I only kill pipers, because bagpipes really piss me off.
But... but... but...
You sir, obviously have no Scottish blood in you whatsoever.  :razz:

mostly, I pass them by.

Except for siege maybe. A few days ago, I was on the attacking time and the defenders had a big band/colour party of around 12 men. We tried to charge to the breach, but all of us were shot down. Except for me. I went on a killing rage, and I saw the musicans. I saw helpless targets.

In the end, only one flagcarrier, a ranker and a drummer who had ran were left. Then I got shot  :mrgreen:

Meh, I just kill any enemy I come across, musician or not. Of course, if there are a ranker and a musician next to each other I'll obviously focus on the ranker, but in the end it's just dead enemies that count. (I play battle mostly)

Back
Top Bottom