Just thought I'd share this

Users who are viewing this thread

Dude, my cat could, and has, done worse than that, that's like two drops of blood, yeah, we all know that's it's just a close, close up of your finger, we can see teh ridge thingys.

yeah it actually isn't that bad, I once saw a baby caiman bite one of my fellow vets when I was doing social service at the zoo and THAT was a nasty cut, the worst I have seen on a finger though was when a hawk grabbed another one of my comrades hand with its talons (he was trying to play macho and show off to his compadre and got what he deserved :razz: ) anyway that has nothing to do with reptiles, sorry

The worst ive seen was at school when the window above a group of grade 8-ters was broken by someone with a socker ball, and a large ish shrad of glass hit this guy in the shoulder!
Anyway, back to reptiles, crocadiles are really ok animals, and won't attack anything at sight, although we do get bad attacks sometimes. Deadly ones.

thesneakster said:
Dude, my cat could, and has, done worse than that, that's like two drops of blood, yeah, we all know that's it's just a close, close up of your finger, we can see teh ridge thingys.

Thats the side of my hand.

RR_Raptor65 said:
thesneakster said:

Thats the side of my hand.

Your not denying that it isn't a small wound. I mean, people that have to test for Diabeties sometimes have to get worse than that.

Another time some guy at school hit his head on the corner of a wall, and there was a trail of blood drips for about 50m throught the school to the office.

Edit: sorry i've turned this into a biggest wounds section.

If people are losing as much blood as I did whenever they test themselfes, I'd be worried. :wink:

Gotta watch out for those sharp corners too...

EDIT:
This is starting to remind me of that scene from Jaws where their all sitting around the table on the Orca...

Bah, that's about the amount of blood I have on my toothbrush every time I brush my teeth (yes I DO brush my teeth and yes I have bad gums). :lol:

guspav said:
it's a b/w columbian tegu (Tupinambis teguixin) at least I think that's the species for this one
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegu

Close, but not quite it. Shes an Argentine Black & White, which grow to be the largest of the Tegus. Theres also the Argentine Red Tegus, which are a bright brick red color, the same patterns as the Argentine Black & Whites, just more yellow/red, their also a little bulkier and prefer a little higher temperatures.

Columbian Tegus have alot more black, a more skittish disposition and only grow to 3 feet, while Argentine B & Ws grow to be up to 5 feet. If you get close enough to see, the loreal scales on the side of a Columbian Tegu's snout are joined into 1 pair, Argentines have 2 pairs, thats one way to tell, but there are distinct differences just by looking at the measure of black.

Gold Tegus are pretty much the same as the Columbians, just all the white is replaced by a bright golden color.

Argentines generally have a very laid back disposition, and are more easily tamed. Nienna was just... hungry...

Theres also the Blue Tegu, which is only 3 feet, but similar to the Argentines, just has a faint blue hue. Some people have managed to breed Reds and Blues together, so there are a few hybrid Red/Blues out there, quite a sight.

When young, Argentine B & Ws (Dunno about the rest really) have a stripe of green the covers their head, and half-way down their back, they lose this as they grow older, Nienna still had hers when I got her, so she was atleast a week old (I think, 11 inches too, shes 36 inches now). Tegus eat mostly Fruit, (About 60-70%), Insects and Rodents, plus whatever carrion they can find. They hibernate for the winter, before hand they stop eating for about 2 weeks and then find a place to sleep. Interestingly, they can lose and regrow their tails. Another thing, Tegus need space, or they WILL escape.

Nah, thats everything I learned to make sure I could give her a good, healthy life. At first I was gonna get a Monitor, and was looking into Savanah Monitors at the time, then I read about Tegus, I was going to get a Red at first, but ended up with Nienna instead.

Back
Top Bottom