Just Realized

Users who are viewing this thread

I play PBOD/Diplo 1.143 so not sure if this something specific to that version, but if you are doing "Destroy Bandit Lair" and your own troops fall in battle (wounded or killed,) often times items from their loot table will drop for loot (i.e. if one of your huscarls dies, you might be able to loot a nordic war sword.)

HolgerHardrada said:
I play PBOD/Diplo 1.143 so not sure if this something specific to that version, but if you are doing "Destroy Bandit Lair" and your own troops fall in battle (wounded or killed,) often times items from their loot table will drop for loot (i.e. if one of your huscarls dies, you might be able to loot a nordic war sword.)

Seems legit.

Just realized that there is a way to give your vassals cities and castles without making the others unhappy: Simply claim them for yourself first, and give your lords villages. After you've done necessary upgrades and made a good garrison, simply ask a trusted lord to exchange his village for a castle/city.

Realized that pulling out your cav after a charge can really help...

My poor cataphracts ;-;

Recently discovered you could select more than one group at a time when pressing Shift, well I didn't really had a need of it before VC. Anyways it make strategic movement so simple when you got many group, now I use it all the time.

jacobhinds said:
I realized that your vassals only start calling you "your majesty" if you have good renown, good right to rule or a fair amount of both.
Really?  They only call me your highness :c
Is ur character a girl?
I have 99 right to rule &205x renown (other monarch seems to have 100 more renown than me)

On diplomacy

Just realized you should definitely keep at least one fief open after you finish a faction. Lords don't all leave at the same time, generally in waves.

Just realized you can capture an enemy from a prison:grin: It can sometimes be hard to capture an enemy noble in the short time you have, and often it can mean fighting multiple tough battles. If the faction you're fighting have multiple enemies, then see if any of them have taken any prisoners. You can then go into the town/castle and 'rescue' the enemy noble from them. Just be sure to don't ask him to fight with you. He may go in your face all the way through.  When all opposition is vanquished, inform him of the 'sad' news:grin:

I've known them for some time now... but there are things that went unnoticed by me right away that seemed obvious later on.

Like I knew I could garrison all of a certain troop type if  I held ctrl.. It didn't dawn on me till much much later that the same held true for training. (wish shift + click worked for that though)

At one time I thought it might be a good idea to make crossbows 2-3 shot before reloading... Seems obvious what the downside was to this but wasn't until I had to take on the Rhodoks late game after they had been at peace for eons why...

Chicken, raw beef, and pork go bad... (I swear grapes used to do this too....)

And finally... armor makes a difference! I get used to being able to take several hits through my lordly armor (I'm not a light armor person, I prefer walking tanks) and then I get into a fight with some farmers and get schooled because I forget how hard they can hit.

Edit- Good way to farm money early on (Diplomacy only afaik) is to attack sea raiders and let your companions upgrade their loot... then take what is left. If you have Lezalit his robe will end up in the loot for every companion that grabs an armor piece to upgrade, so give him back his robe after and strip your companions of their armor and repeat (its worth almost 1k)

I realized that Lady Valka has had at least 3 suitors at the same time at 1 point, I think? (I kicked 2 of their miserable hides to the curb when I had just started my courtship and they retracted their courtship :razz:) Including Boyar Bracha, I think?

Also some really idiotic lords will insult that I have a lineage of a cattle thief and that I stole my dad/mom's banner when I start as a noble. When I talk back, they say they can send their men to horsewhip and flog me. How rude! When I say "BRING IT ON YOU BULLY" he attacks with his faction troops. And if I lose he will still take me prisoner. :facepalm: When I joined that guy's faction's enemy, I met him in battle AGAIN but with better odds. When I got him I shot his butt on the ground with multiple arrows saying "Suck it now I defeated you!"

I was surprised when in 2011 I found out that you can press and hold F1 key to put a flag for ordering troops to go somewhere. Very handy option for my large armies.

i've logged about 1000+ hours across characters, conquered the map,  and only recently discovered the holding F1 key trick.... dear lord so many arrows to the face during sieges because i was leading my archers.

My life has been changed.

I realized that if you are giving a rival faction the what for and don't garrison the castle you just conquered with any troops that another peaceful or enemy faction can come in and take it.  Not sure if it's a glitch or what but that was interesting.  Also, if you're quick enough you can take out the Beligerent guy in the tavern before he mocks you which is fun.

best thing to do when being ridden down by a horse when on foot is to jump.  connecting with a two-hand swing to the face of the rider on the approaching horse is even sweeter.  hooray video games.

I like using a polearm on foot because if you stab at the horse's face it rears. You can bring a whole column of charging knights to a stop.

if only they gave out spears at tournaments.  lol.  okay, so the best thing might be to use a spear, but failing that, try jumping.  it will make your opponent miss their attack, especially of the couched lance variety, and put any attacks you make in a better position to hit them instead of their mount.  plus it sort of makes sense thematically, jumping out of the way so as to not be trampled.  it's just impossible to jump directionally in a videogame.

On the character creation screen you can use the right mouse button to zoom in and out, and left mouse button to rotate.

Back
Top Bottom