Just Realized

Users who are viewing this thread

Occam

Sergeant
What tips or tricks do you have that seem obvious afterwards but you played for a long time with realizing?

It just occurred to me tonight after playing on and off for years that I could try to recruit lords to my faction even during peace time.
I don't usually talk to lords unless I am about to have a battle with them so I guess I never noticed that you get that dialog option.  :oops:
I have almost 200 honor so all the good lords like me. I've added 4 castles to my realm this way already and now I'm eager to ride around the map looking for other lords to help me expand without a fight.

Anyone else have /facepalm moments?

Took me a long time to realize that ctrl+spacebar makes time go by really fast and ctrl+leftMB upgrades all of your troops at once. I always thought ctrl was just for cheats.

I just discovered that books that increase your skill permanently still counts as a taken skill point. That means: Wait until you've taken your last skill point that you'll ever take on leadership/trainer/weapon mastery/trade before reading a book that gives you another skill point. Above what you may otherwise take, given your attributes, ie.

I discovered that it's very handy, before you have a castle or town--and, thus, access to storage--to store stuff in the inventories of any enterprises you own.

JosieJ said:
I discovered that it's very handy, before you have a castle or town--and, thus, access to storage--to store stuff in the inventories of any enterprises you own.
That's a good idea. You can also use the chest in Rivacheg even before you have an enterprise.

fragonard said:
JosieJ said:
That's a good idea. You can also use the chest in Rivacheg even before you have an enterprise.

I've used the enterprises for some time now. So helpful to not have to use lots of points on inventory management early on. Never used the chest in Rivacheg. It's a good place to store back-up food before you can get a dye factory there, or during war. Incidentally, has anyone noticed there's a chest in Dramug Castle as well that you can access even if you're not the owner?

I'd forgotten about Rivacheg's chest and never knew about Dramug Castle's, so that's another thing I've just realized!  :wink:

Vraelomon said:
Pressing Ctrl+J makes your horse rear. Handy if you need to stop or slow down real fast.

True, but I have never been able to mage it in game. My right hand is stuck to the mouse (or touch pad for the laptop) and my left hand does not naturally reach it, as it is not used to it from touch typing.  :roll:

I usually push it at  the end of battles, just so im not standing there like an idiot while everybody else cheers.

Also makes for some pretty good screens.

Tungdil Goldhand said:
ctrl+leftMB upgrades all of your troops at once. I always thought ctrl was just for cheats.
Wait, what?  I never knew that, thanks!

Now, if only there were some way to drag units and companions up or down in the party list so you don't have to click a million times to get a single unit from the bottom to the top.

I found something that made me laugh. Typing in cheatmenu and then talking to a lord brings up some additional conversation options.

"I wish to ask you something."
"What is it?"
"CHEAT: Like me."
Your relation with X has increased from Y to Z.
"Anything else?"

One oddity I just found is that ex-companion ex-lord prisoners do their dialog as if they are still in your army.

I made Baheshtur a lord but his relation with me started to go too negative when I gave other lords fiefs so I indicted him for treason.
He joined the Vaegirs and I took him prisoner after defeating him in a battle.
Now he complains about Marnid and Katrin while I drag him around until I can dump him in my prison.
At least he has 99 morale lol.

When I did my first attempt at creating a kingdom I had some companion to be my first lord, after surrendering to Swadia my lord companion became subject to Swadia too. A lot later, I did a second kingdom (which worked) and my ex-lord companion came back to me (because you know Harlaus isn't really fair in territory distribution). When I talked to them they were like every other Lords waiting in my court but when I accepted them they became companion once again and so much better in skills than ever !
It's was the only time I did it but it was quite nice, plus they keep they personnal color when they came back, like Matheld who had king Ragnar crow on blue background.

Back
Top Bottom