just a stupid little idea i doned came up with (encampments/nomad camps)

Users who are viewing this thread

Smug Jug

Recruit
ok lemme start off by saying, im a musta'rib (white boy who appreciates arab culture) so i pretty much exclusively play aserai, and maybe this idea really only makes sense for them, culturally, but i feel like it makes sense for the player (depending on overall playstyle) no matter what nation they choose to start as though.

now, i may be a dumbass and this is already a mechanic, and i just havent discovered it yet (i dont have that much in-game time i am shamed to admit) but a pretty neato thing in my opinion would be the ability to be able to set up some sort of nomadic encampment. basically just a "temporary" mini-fief that could allow you to do a few basic things such as storing excess troops/gear/prisoners/companions (maybe have a hardset limit to emphasis it being just an encampment) resting, obviously, maybe do some smithing, and if its not considered too "op" trade caravans that wander nearby might stop by while you're waiting/resting and offer to trade with your perhaps.

and, since im assuming you need to be in a town or something to create a caravan (i havent dont it yet, like i said i dont have a lot of play time/experience yet, sue me) it would give you a place to be able to do that from.

maybe it's a **** idea, idk, but personally, from the perspective of an aserai player, this idea really fits the theme and if people who actually know the games mechanics better than i do could comment constructively i think maybe it could be forged into a pretty neato mechanic.

obviously it cant be some sort of portable fortress that you can just pack up/set up on a whim, you still need some sort of "incentive" to take/own fiefs or castles or cities, but i still think it would be a neat mechanic for someone who wants to play as a proper nomadic clan or a wandering merchant or something.

so yeah, if you managed to sit through this absolute ramble-fest of a post, feel free to comment your critiques below, cause honestly im mostly just talking out of my idea-filled ass with no actual experience to back any of it up.

It's definitely not a bad idea. Maybe we can eventually even have the principle used in total war warhammer. They have "horde" factions there. No actual fortresses, just moving camps.

Back
Top Bottom