JecNES MkII: The Changed World

Users who are viewing this thread

Jec94227

Master Knight
Okay, time for round two. Pleas wait until I say you can post to do so, since I might need a few posts for info.

Map of Europe will be used (Total war sized map I guess)
2 turns per year, campaign season and winter. Campaign season is when weather is viable for military actions, winter is when it is not. Actions can still be done in winter but with a higher attrition rate/ more difficult operations yadda yadda yadda.
This will be Change year 45. Most people who lived through the change and remembered it will be elderly and close to death. Your nations will be bigger and better established.

Your choice:

1) Give me a write up of your nation. Please include the name of your nation, some important individuals (advisers of note, important officials, generals, etc;, pick five of these people and they will form your council, which will come into play when you decide to do things like construction projects.) and give a brief history of your nation. I'll give a bonus of up to 5 Command Points if I like your history. The final thing you should include is a list of units. Give me three or four of the line units of your army, and a unique unit, for lack of a better term, that embodies everything about your nation.
2) I think this is important, so it gets its own bullet point, but it needs to be included with your nation information. Kind of in love with EU3 at the moment, so pick yourself a national idea. Explain it to me, and include its perk and drawback. For example, being a militia focused nation would let you use 40% of your population, but of course be limited to using militia, giving you a bigger army and a defensive focus at the expense of foreign conquest.
3) Highlight as much area as you want, within reason. This can be either settled land or just claimed territory. Settled land is the important part, since this is the area where your tax paying peasants will live. Unclaimed land is completely or very near unpopulated, meaning it contributes nothing beyond giving you a place to expand to without fighting for it.
4) Mark your cities. You can have as many cities as you want, but each city after the first will cost you Command Points. Your first city is your capitol, and will have the highest population. The rest will be a random number between 3 and 5 thousand, depending on your description of the city and its purpose in general. This is where the next bonus comes in. The better you describe the history of your placed cities, why it was founded and maybe a few events in its history, the closer you will get to five thousand. If I think your write up is a piece of ****e or you choose not to do one, then you get three thousand. Population is important, will get to that later on.

Playing the game:
1) Your population and Command Points are your most important resources. Population because the more people you have, the bigger your army can be, and the faster you can make big constructions like dockyards or fortifications. Command Points are all other resources combined. Food, materials, weapons, livestock horses, everything like that. Command Points are generated by your Population Number.
2) Every turn, you send your orders to me. Include what you want to do for the next turn, any specifics that you feel need to be included (if there is nothing than I'll do it how I would, which may or may not be ideal for you). I'll write up what happened to your nation and post it after a predetermined length of time. Details can either be general, if nothing important happened that turn, or quite specific, if interesting things happen and I figure out a way to write them up.
3) Please submit your orders by (whenever halfway point between updates is determined), since that gives me time to get off my ass and do them, also since I won't write battles until a day or two before, so I want time to let the attacked player know about the battle and get their battle orders so it's as epic as possible.

Important Stuff
Right off the bat, you have 1 city (your capitol) with a population of ten thousand. Without any modifications, that gives you 3000 manpower for armies (30% of your population). These ten thousand also generate 50 Command Points (1CP-200 people). You also can have a standing army right off the start, no larger than 2000 men. This is a free army, since it doesn't take away from your starting manpower pool, but it still requires upkeep after Update 0(The one where I introduce everyone and set the scene, as it were)
You also start with 200 Command Points. These can be used in any way you can think of, within the logic of the setting. Build forts, add cities, things like that. Talk with me about details, and we can agree on a reasonable price for this endeavour. You can also use some of your starting manpower to recruit additional forces. With that in mind, let's have a look at how the military will work.
Your military is divided into two separate groups, I suppose. The first group is the professionals. These are the soldiers paid to learn the craft of war. They are generally better than militia, though they are more expensive. They are active in both the Campaign season and Winter, though they will be at a reduced effectiveness. The important thing about professionals is that when they are recruited, the men of these units are subtracted from your population, and cannot be replaced unless they are disbanded. So they are more effective in war but they take away from your economic ability.
The second Group is militia. They are a group of citizens who agree to spend a portion of their time drilling and practicing. They are obligated to report for duty when their ruler calls them up, and can make an effective force if they are defending their homelands. They are less keen on fighting in foreign invasions though, and must be returned in the Winter Season because their obligation for service has ended. Important information about them is listed here: First, they require no upkeep in friendly territory during the campaign season. Second, they are not removed from the labour pool, and continue making money for you, unless they are actively engaged in duty. So if you have three units of militia, then they can keep making you money unless they are called to fight. Third, if they are kept active into the Winter Season (I will automatically dismiss them unless you tell me otherwise) then they will require pay like Professionals. This applies for foreign invasions as well.

I think that's everything. If you have any questions, please ask.

EuropeOutline2538228.gif

Best map I could find that was both blank and had a scale. Enjoy.

Sushiman said:
/in

jecnes2map.jpg

Can I have a continuity of my nation from the last one?

If you want. I don't have any of the old notes or anything, and I'm too lazy to search the old thread. TDM might be pissed that you took Britain, but meh, he should have been here.

And, if you can't contribute in any way, no you probably shouldn't join Mr. NomNom

Jec94227 said:
Sushiman said:
/in

jecnes2map.jpg

Can I have a continuity of my nation from the last one?

If you want. I don't have any of the old notes or anything, and I'm too lazy to search the old thread. TDM might be pissed that you took Britain, but meh, he should have been here.

And, if you can't contribute in any way, no you probably shouldn't join Mr. NomNom

**** that, I wont let him get away with taking Britain uncontested. Wight shall challenge their claims from the south!

The Keepers of the Way​

The Keepers are a fanatical sect of traditionalists who operate out of what was once northeastern Europe. They are formed by scattered tribes, the surviving paladins from Land's End, mounted nomads from the steppes of Russia and disciplined men from central Europe. All men in this new society share a common passion for tradition and a keen awareness of the fragility of their new societies. When a man or woman comes of age in Keeper society, they are given the choice wether or not to take the oath, to work tirelessly to restore humanity to it's former glory, no matter who or what stands in our way.

The Keepers are led by Archduke Contz II, a powerful leader who leads his charges with both skill and severity. He has given his entire self into making the fledgling nation into a power to be reckoned with, and has largely succeeded. He is adored by the people, who see him as the guiding light back to the civilization they all crave. He is aided in his task by his 5 members of council: General Belismei, leader of the steppe nomads. General Xefire, leader of the contingent from Central Europe. Chief advisor Gerchi. Chief of foreign affairs Edita and Grand Admiral Henryk.

Troops:The Keepers Rely on diverse troops with iron discipline, They specialize in heavy infantry, light cavalry and have decent archers. Their main weakness is a lack of heavy cavalry and a lack of mobility (other than the light cav), they are also individually very expensive, so it's difficult to amass a great amount of them.
Militia Bowmen: leather tunic, vambraces, little to no other armour. They carry a hand weapon and a well crafted bow, as well as plenty of ammunition. They are well trained to act in concert with infantry.

Militia Infantry: Heavy leather armour or light chainmail covering most of their body. They use decent quality hand weapons, carry medium sized shields, some have a few throwing weapon. Well drilled and trained

Militia horsemen: ride a trained horse, no barding, have little to no armour, carry a light bow or throwing weapons and have a long spear and a hand weapon.

Heavy infantry: wear chainmail or scale/plate mail, they carry a large shield and well crafted hand weapon.

Italian infantry: wear scale mail, carry tower shields and short swords, are all equipped with throwing weapons.

Archer: leather armour over their body, finely made bow, with plenty of ammunition. Carry a hand weapon and buckler.

Light cavalry: wear leather or heavy leather, carry a finely made bow with plenty of ammunition, small shield a lance and decent hand weapon

Elite light cavalry: Heavy leather or light chainmail, masterwork bow plenty of ammunition, small shield with lance and finely made hand weapon.

The Keepers believe in expansion, conquest and discipline, while they are happy to welcome any tribes or others into their empire, any who does not accept either becomes an ally or dies. They are passionate about their ideals, but this can sometimes alienate others, as they see a nation so self-righteous that is repulses them.
bonuses to morale and discipline in and out of combat
penalty to diplomacy

The Keepers have a large pool of volounteers who train with veteran soldiers, this leaves a large pool of potenial soldier that can be drawn upon at short notice.
up to 10% more of the population of any city can be made into militia in defense of that city
IF THAT 10% IS USED, the Keepers have significantly reduced production for the duration of the militia's usage.

Their Capital is based in the ruins of an abandoned town near the coast, it is known as Ashshore.
They have another city inland a ways, named Mallowdell

EnvxR.jpg

All things subject to additions, it's late damnit :grin:

Sushiman said:
Note that I didn't claim the Isle of Wight. You can have it.

Haha, alright, let us work out some concessions for balance's sake. I take all lands south of the Thames, and Wales. Then I colonize Normandy. Seems balanced, aye?

Nation application goes here. Oh, and please don't feel limited by the borders on the map I provided, since I couldn't find one without current borders.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Sushiman said:
Note that I didn't claim the Isle of Wight. You can have it.

Haha, alright, let us work out some concessions for balance's sake. I take all lands south of the Thames, and Wales. Then I colonize Normandy. Seems balanced, aye?

If I can keep Wales, it's a deal.

Back
Top Bottom