JecNES MkII: The Changed World

Users who are viewing this thread

The Boyars of the steppe:
They are a collection of elitist vassals, noblemen, lords and barons who all swear loyalty to the Tsar. They operate in a highly traditional style with the Tsar governing the lords and barons who they in turn govern knights, who govern the peasants. They are however a crumbling empire, hanging on to the great fiefs and territories they once owned. The Boyars however are still a powerful nation with a lot of land and military might however with a poor economy. The Boyars are a highly militaristic society, with many veteran steppe warriors and veteran knights and personal bodyguards to the Tsar.
The land is dotted with estates of lords and barons governing over peasants working tirelessly in the fields.
The Boyars are ruled over by Tsar Alexis Gregorovich III a leader who has come to rule over harsh times and has therefore earned him the reputation of being both stubborn and defiant. He is respected by both peasants and knights for his stubborn nature and willingness to restore his nation to the empire it once was 100 years ago, before it was invaded by the combined barbarian invasion from the east, which coincided with the great plague that wiped out half the population.
He commands the armies of the Boyars aided by his 5 advisers and most trusted vassals:
Major general Ilyich, commander of the western steppes, General Petrov captain of his personal bodyguard, Chief advisor Ivanovich, Admiral Galin commander of the fleet at St. Petersburg and Financial advisor Markov.
The Boyars rely on a main force of well armed and armoured heavy cavalry and lots of cheap inexpensive peasant militia that can be quickly mustered. They rely heavily on a charge of heavy cavalry followed by waves of peasant militia designed to overwhelm by sheer numbers. There main weakness is a lack of good archers and the costly price of it's heavy cavalry/ weakness of it's militia.
Peasant rural militia: Peasant workers from the Fields Leather/ light chainmail armour spear pitchfork or shortword and shield, poorly trained and equipped, designed to overwhelm.
Peasant archers: Leather tunic relatively little armour, armed with small compostie bows and knives with poor range but effective when very close.
City militia: A collection of criminals, lowlifes and other scum from the cities, Leather or chainmail armour spear and shield, relatively better trained than the rural militia
Boyar knights: heavy cavalry, chain and plate armour armed with halberds, lances and axes, well trained and equipped yet expensive
Boyar Huntsmen: Scout unit, Light cavalry with leather and chainmail armour, armed with composite bows and shortswords fast yet poor in melee combat. They ride to battle alongside their big hunting dogs.
Boyar's sons: Heavy cavalry, mail and plate armed with halberds, axes and shields, noblemen ideal shock cavalry, expensive
St. Petersburg marines: Naval unit, armed with swords, axes and small Shields, Ideal for boarding and capturing enemy ships
Tsar's Bodyguard: Elite veteran cavalry, one of the best heavy cavalry units, full plate, armed with great axes, lances and shields, they ride the finest white stallions of the steppes superbly trained, very well equipped, extremely good shock cavalry with a devastating charge, very expensive.
It is rumoured that Tsar Alexis rides alongside his bodyguard on his own pet bear. It is said that only those with the blood of the tsar can tame the bear.
The Boyars have a strong belief of restoring their nation to it's former glory, however they have an extremely low output on natural resources such as coal and Iron despite controlling such a vast amount of space. The Boyars tend to focus on serfdom with high numbers of agricultural labourers and peasants to provide resources for the growing cities. However despite this the population is mainly rural.
Penalty to Economy and resource output.
1z1gz11.png
The Boyars have 3 main cities. As well as cities the rest of the land is split up into provinces which is governed by a lord or Baron. Most of these provinces are made up of villages and communal hamlets in which peasants can be mustered quickly by their lord in times of war.
The Boyars 3 main cities are:
-Moscow: The ancient city and capital to the Boyars. The ancient castle that stands their is known to all as 'Kreml'
-St. Petersburg: Located by the coast this is where the bulk of the Boyars navy is kept, as well as where most of the trade comes in
-Kalash: A new city founded only a hundred years ago, where long ago strange metal weapons were once produced.

oh good, small kingdoms always love the presence of massive empires directly beside them D:

Should my claim be smaller as well TDM?

There, fixed. I never knew there was a limit on map size, I just thought you picked any country. And my nation is not an empire, it is the last remnants of one, it has a low population and a **** economy so don't expect it to be a major military threat any time soon.
So would you like me to make it smaller?
Also how have I not done the map right?

Kingdom of the Reavers hell.

Troops : if you disobey a command by a commander, expect no wipping, expect a hard punch in the face, and THEN a wipping, followed by another punch in the face, this gives the soldiers friends something to laugh about in the tavern, so all in all, it raises morale.

Small amounts of troops due to the size of the islands.
Reaver Freeman milita - Leather armour, big shield, short sword or hammer, with a helmet.
Urban legion - Mail armour, spears, round shields.
Reaver Gaurd - partial plate with mostly leather armour, partial face mask, sharp cutting sword, medium square shield with spike.
Native archers - shortbows, leather armour, helmet, hammers.
Longbow mercanaries - Longbows (of course) mail armour, Helmet, axes, (various others)
Highland Natives - Partial mail, helmet, claymores, hammers etc.
Reaver cavalry - Lances, long swords, medium sized shields, Partial plate with mail, Face mask and helmet.
Reaver Royal Gaurd Regiment - Full plate armour, face mask and helmet, Longswords, Medium round shields.

The King is me of course *smug smile* and my kingdom is a fairly good place to come for refuge if you need to retreat. He will fight if provoked enough, but is quite passive when not provoked. He will never attack anyone randomly, he will wait for them too attack him. If anyone calls him unhonourable or cowardly, he proves he is not and then has the person executed for lying, then executes anyone else who calls him cowardly for executing him etc.

My other advisor/general/vassal person is, Lord Crimpletit Fizzlepop.

The country only needs The king and Crimpletit because of how small the islands are.

the nation has a strong economy, so focuses military operations on the freemen who volunteer.

My capital is called Ragnarok *smug smile* and the next biggest settlement is Arkanres.

PS: sorry about the image, i couldnt get it big enough.

Also, i think me and Sushiman should declare an alliance. Seeing we are close on the map.

Alright, first of all, did you get pissy when I didn't respond within 24 hours? Just for that, I'll make you wait until Friday before pointing out the problems I have.

Second of all, I should have put this up on the main post, but this NES is set in the worlds of the Emberverse series. Info can be found on the wiki page, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emberverse

Third, I'm okay with the guy claiming most of what used to be Russia, if that counts for anything. My NPC guys were most likely just gonna fill in the gaps you left, or take up most of southern Europe, whichever I get around to first. Besides, with the number of people I've actually got (two, with another pair pending) I don't think it actually matters.

Thanks for posting the link, I thought there was a twist to this. It's good to know, after reading the wiki page, that my nation fits in.
Russia apparently regressed into a handful of rural kingdoms, including one based around Belograd, with the Cossacks and Tatars thriving.
Also, not trying to seem annoying but when is this starting?

Jec94227 said:
Alright, first of all, did you get pissy when I didn't respond within 24 hours? Just for that, I'll make you wait until Friday before pointing out the problems I have.

No, I didnt get pissy with you, i was waiting for someone to post a reply about how i did something wrong, it inevitably happens, every single ****ing time.

King Ragnarok said:
Jec94227 said:

No, I didnt get pissy with you, i was waiting for someone to post a reply about how i did something wrong, it inevitably happens, every single ****ing time.

Uh... this is all very silly.

King Ragnarok said:
Jec94227 said:

What you did wrong was get pissy because he asked you a question. Enjoy your negative population growth for the next 10 turns.

Back
Top Bottom