Javby: Warband Rugby | 1.4.2 Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Nord Champion

Grandmaster Knight
1CsUp.png

Native-Compatible Rugby
Post updated: October 25th, 2017.

Rules/Objective
  • The game will begin with each team spawning at their opponent's goal, where the opponent's flag is located. You cannot pick up your enemy's flag by simply walking into it.
  • The javelin will spawn in the middle of the field, between the two goals. The objective is to get you or one of your teammates to cross your goal line (the goal with your flag) with the javelin.
  • The person carrying the javelin (the carrier) will have their opponent's flag. When the javelin is dropped or thrown, the flag will return to its position.
  • If the carrier tries to drop or switch away from the javelin, then the ball is dropped in a random location 1-3 meters from the carrier.
  • If the javelin is thrown out of bounds, it is returned in bounds. If the carrier runs out of bounds, the teams are reset and the ball is spawned at the enemy team's flag.
  • If the javelin hits a player, that player will gain possession of the javelin.
  • If the carrier enters their team's goal, the goal with their team's flag in it, they score a point for their team. Someone that does not have the javelin cannot enter their goal.
  • Killing is replaced with tackling. Tackling is when a player's health is brought down to 0. Once this happens, both the victim and the attacker are knocked down. When tackled, a player will drop the javelin if he or she has the javelin.
  • Tackling can be done by the weapons provided to the players: a club that is average speed and deals moderate damage or a warhammer that is slow, but instantly knocks down targets.
  • The classes have different stats. Ranged classes can throw the best, and are below average in other stats. Infantry classes can deal the most damage and take the most damage, but are slow and cannot throw that well. Cavalry classes can run the fastest and can throw moderately well, but are the weakest.

Servers
All servers will be listed under the game type "Capture The Flag" in the server browser. The game type displayed for the servers below is the current Javby version.
servermonitor.php

Development

Current Version: 1.4.2
Developer: William

Special thanks to:
  • DoF for being my main support and testers.
  • Erminas for his awesome rugby map.
  • Ikaguia, _Sebastian_, and The_dragon for answering questions and providing help.
  • The general modding community for their wide variety of knowledge.
  • And, of course, TaleWorlds, for making this awesome and lovely game.

Events
Official Javby events will be listed here.

[J7L] Javby 7 League - Started October 23rd, 2017

Alene said:
A new thread and immediately you guys had a make it into a mess :sad:

I cleaned it a bit, but I am not a cleaning service. Don't let me see this thread again in that shape.
Thank you for cleaning out that cancerous cesspool, you are a great admin that is a gem of this community.

Lots of fun!
I will unlock server right away for people that are interested in trying it out.
Btw William you should mention in OP what is each class best for:p
In short:
Cav are the fastest.
Inf have most HP & deal more damage, but are slow.
Rangers can throw javelin far and have better throwing accuracy.

Edit: Server is up and running in public mode.

Alene said:
VornOfSwag said:
Thank you for cleaning out that cancerous cesspool, you are a great admin that is a gem of this community.

Oh, thank you! ^_^

I had no idea you felt that way. I will double my efforts in keeping these forums nice and clean :smile:

Alene is like that good mother that cleans up when her baby throws mashed potatoes into the ceiling fan, but after awhile will go ******* on that baby if it does it again

Back
Top Bottom