Knight at Arms
- Best answers
I can confirm that this is ridiculously fun. :][
I suggest adding this info to the welcome message as well.Erminas said:In short:
Cav are the fastest.
Inf have most HP & deal more damage, but are slow.
Rangers can throw javelin far and have better throwing accuracy.
Wow, thanks for the suggestions! Let me answer them:The_dragon said:However, I need to point some things:
- you should lower the speed (running speed) of the player that is having 'the ball', so more teamwork will be required to score a point (i saw lots of player running straight to score the ball; the other players can't catch that player)
- add barriers to prevent players from going back to spawn
- prevent players from throwing the javelin outside the playfield or high on the walls (maybe do a check for height in ti_on_missile_hit; if the javelins lands higher than 1.8 meters above the ground, give the ball to a player from the opposite team? (I don't know rugby rules, just a suggestion; why 1.8 meters? because the javelin is allowed to hit players; the default agent's height is somewhere near 1.8 meters)); actually it is not 1.8, it should be higher because the player could jump and get hit while jumping, making the highest allowable height bigger.
- remove the items that drops on ground when players quits the server (actually when the player dies, he drops his club/maul)
- make all factions to be equal in terms of the classes's powers. I chose horseman each time because it is the fastest, but I've seen players outrunning me (I was running behind him and the distance between me and him was getting bigger and bigger; I had the club in my hand and he had the javelin)
You can just join the server to play. Right now, there isn't an event scheduled, but we're trying to get one started to celebrate DoF's 6th birthday on the 27th.Snazzelicious said:
Eh, I've been thinking if I should allow jav modifications, especially when it comes to tournaments, but I haven't decided what the answer to that is. Let's just say there is a possibility that we will allow jav modifications in this mod, but we'll have to wait until official rules are released to find out.Danate said:Blue javs allowed?
Yeah, you still have to be pretty close to the flag to score. Right now its 3 meters. The problem is that its actually a circle to score, not a square. I hope to fix that in version 1.3.0, along with defining the boundaries.Ebdanian Admiral said:Really fun game!
My only issue is the way you can cross the end zone without actually scoring. Making the goal line shorter horizontally would fix this problem.