Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded

Gotha

Adimi h.c.
Baron
Summary: Sometimes weapons become invisible after picking them up when they were created through the Mission.Current.SpawnWeaponWithNewEntityAux function.
C#:
        MissionWeapon missionWeapon = new(itemObject, null, null, (short)(itemObject.ItemType != ItemObject.ItemTypeEnum.Shield ? 1 : maxHp));
        GameEntity placedEntity = Mission.Current.SpawnWeaponWithNewEntityAux(missionWeapon, Mission.WeaponSpawnFlags.WithStaticPhysics | Mission.WeaponSpawnFlags.WithoutHolster, frame, -1, missionObject, lifeTime);
The flags WithoutHolster / WithHolster etc. do not affect it. The issue does only occure individually for some players specifically. Which means that 4 out of 5 players can see the weapon, but one player cannot. Dropping and picking the weapon up again does not resolve the issue. The dropped weapon is also visible but becomes for that certain player invisible on pickup.
It looks like some kind of LOD issue because if the player increases the distance to the weapon it suddenly becomes visible again but if he gets closed to it it disappears again (see video).
How to Reproduce:
Really hard to reproduce. For me it just worked to play a few minutes with some players and some of them pick up weapons that were spawned that way. It might have something to do with the game entities parent object, but I am not certain of that.
Scene Name (if related): Any
Media (Screenshots & Video):

Computer Specs:
GPU: AMD 7900XTX
GPU Driver Version: Up to date
CPU: AMD 5900X
RAM: 32GB
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Hey, i have forwarded the issue to the QA team for further inspection. Thank you for your time and sorry for the inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom