Item binding

Users who are viewing this thread

Ben Hussey

Sergeant Knight
Just an idea I have been having, probably more use for modders than Mount and blade on the whole, although it would allow the devs to implement trousers without the messy implications of clipping from a pair of greaves underneath them.

I visualised: for uniforms rather than having it in the weapons or troop script it would be better if we could make models that use more than one slot, i.e. lets take a British grenadier, I make his uniform model include any combination of the following, the hat, torso, gloves and boots, and that single model if given the right ticks (i.e. attach to: body, hands, boots to match combination of uniform parts in the .txt file) and it fills not only the torso box but also prevents you from filling the other boxes that the main model theoretically fills.

For the items I'd just like to see something like a function that forces the NPC to take for instance a one handed weapon or a polearm if equipped with a bow or a axe.
So it would be a flag in the item such as itm_musket: weapon_bind:[sword,polearm] or something along those lines.

That does sound nice, presumably the stats for head defense could be added like how legs also get a defense bonus from armour.

However I'm not sure I like the idea of forcing a player to use a specific weapon combination, I think one of the joys of M&B is the free (yet still satisfyingly limited) choice you have in choosing weapons loadouts, and creating an individual character. Now certainly I can see the benefits of this applying to NPCs in order to create more uniform armies. However could the same effect not be done by just adding a guarantee troop polearm command the same as there is currently a guarantee horse, ranged, melee, helmet etc command.

I'm probably just missing the point in boneheaded ignorance though :smile:

OH....... bugger.... just reread the post i completely misunderstood... bah, why must I make a fool of myself wherever I go  :oops: Please ignore my post.

I'd prefer more slots to appear, so that you could choose more items to equip, like putting on a chain mail coat, and then a surcoat over it,  giving you more customisability. But for simplicity, some items could also come as they are now in M&B, filling multiple of the new slots, and even as you suggest, items filling all slots.

I'd like for modders to be bale to give more weapons to troops than simply primairy and secondary, and for the troops to actually switch weapons--e.g. giving a soldier a spear, crossbow and falchion.

Back
Top Bottom