It feels too unfinished.

Users who are viewing this thread

I was expecting a lot to be honest. I read all the blogs and posts; made a lot of thoughts about all the possibilities this game gives. You just have to get all hyped up and full of expectations if you do that.

I understand, but no matter what it is still EA. And honestly, looking at most complains here: 80% of them are relatively easy to solve. Make early Game a bit more difficult (less many) add some more radiant quest for some NPCs and add a few new armors for variety and I am already pretty satisfied. Some people here have also good suggestions for new features, but none of these features are over the top. And the game has some remarkable new aspects, which can turn out the become even more interesting: Siege battles are way more immersive, I actually like the new skill system with perks, other npcs have relations, they are interacting and making quests for one of them effects your relations with the other. They are actual families who get children and you're competing with them for resources and troops. Generally NPCs are way more immersive

It's early access, of course it's not finished.
You understand that making a post saying there are tons of bugs and then doing absolutely nothing to help identify or bring light to the bugs is completely useless and unhelpful?
Even if there are a lot, give some details on at least one. You sound like a child otherwise.

It may seem like just whining, but the number of bugs is truly overwhelming. I was watching my friend stream the game (for 5+ hours) and we spotted hundreds upon hundreds of issues. Not just minor bugs that can be documented, but serious, fundamental oversights all across the game. For someone who has modded warband extensively and knows a lot about how games are made, this is just nightmarish. I can't begin to imagine how much work is needed to fix all this stuff. I definitely don't want to mod a game that is this unstable.

What makes me so apprehensive is that while the game was in beta, it took months to fix a small handful of bugs. I was in the beta right at the start, nine months (!!!) before now, and it barely changed. And that was just multiplayer. I dread to think how long it would take taleworlds to fix all this stuff.

I am honestly glad I didn't buy this.

What makes me so apprehensive is that while the game was in beta, it took months to fix a small handful of bugs. I was in the beta right at the start, nine months (!!!) before now, and it barely changed. And that was just multiplayer. I dread to think how long it would take taleworlds to fix all this stuff.

Apparently the clocks at TaleWorlds are just ticking differently.

1. I am well aware that it takes a lot of time but over 8 years should be enough to bring out something decent. Furthermore they had some groundwork done already, because of the previous Mount and Blade parts.

2. Doesn't look exactly few to me https://www.taleworlds.com/images/bg-team.jpg

Red dead redemption 2 was developed by rockstar games, a company with over 2000 employees (20x more than taleworlds). It took 7 years. They also had source code from red dead 1.

Taleworlds, is a company of 90 employees, about 40 of them actually working on development. Furthermore, warband was developed by 17 people, so its not even like bannerlord had the full 90 working on it from the get go.

Guys.. This game is good. It needs to be optimised, patched up a bit and add more mods for some things and put more armor/weapons and changes to their effect.

Chill lol. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Red dead redemption 2 was developed by rockstar games, a company with over 2000 employees (20x more than taleworlds). It took 7 years. They also had source code from red dead 1.

Taleworlds, is a company of 90 employees, about 40 of them actually working on development. Furthermore, warband was developed by 17 people, so its not even like bannerlord had the full 90 working on it from the get go.
Red dead redemption also had already good engine to work with, MB had to create a new engine from scratch multiple years into development after they realized old engine won't be sufficient. Even then I own red dead redemption and it's got plenty of bugs too.. I like the core of game, it does lack some quality of life stuff like following parties, item tiers like rusty or masterwork, quests and I could go on for quite a while, but potential is here, let's hope TW makes it amazing.

Many of thouse are just because it's an early access, like dialogue and quests for example, they are just placeholders. TW talked about this. But this quick rise to power and wealth is really annoying and doesen't have to do with it being an early access. I mean I remember how much time it consumed to just get enough reputation to even be hired as a really low paid mercenary. Then it took a long time to get the banner and join a faction, don't even let me start with getting your first fiew. It felt like a real achievement, to get a little village and maybe after 100 hours of playing I got my first castle. I only managed to conquer it because it had recently been conquered already by others and had a low garrison.

Then the money. At the beginning you were just chasing after small bandid groups, like now in Bannerlord too. In Warband you defeated them, got 1-2 reputation, sold their stuff for like 3 dinars and with a lot of luck you capture some as prisoners. Then you would think "oh lets go to the shop and buy some awesome swords" and you would look at the prices and forget about that for the next hundred hours. In Bannerlord you defeat one group of bandits, sell their stuff for 1000 dinars, sell them all as prisoners and buy everything you want.

This is game breaking. All the graphic and performance bugs aside, this is playing with the whole concept of Mount&Blades. Please TaleWorlds take care of this before you take care of the visual bugs.
Have you even played wb, if your a male you can become merc after just one letter fetch quest, a vassal and a fief after one campaign and yes a Castle maybe takes a bit longer but nowhere near the 30 hours mark. However I do agree on the money part it's way to easy to make cash. But that's in every early acces game since it's hard to balance that money out

I want to play the game and not run around making hundreds of screenshots and videos of all the bugs and search through the endless threads if they have been reportet already. But I cann tell you which kinds of bugs I mean.

This random blue thing for example

CgVuVsH

strange rectangles in clothes

74VO5Uy

Branches going through buildings

x33DpZA

Sometimes people bunch up all in one place, but not like a gathering, they are really cramped together

4nPVyAj

People in towns and castles just stand on one random place and dont moove

MFhbhmj

Something is wrong with the child versions face of my character

lJraAsV

And no I made my character look normal

SbFM4j2

And these are just examples. Many of the bugs I found have been already reported.

Use that as your OP then. This is good because this helps devs. It's normal to find such bugs in an early access. If you want it finished you have to wait until release.

This.

Ageing a year every forty days seems incredibly reasonable.

This and I feel like post-battles when gathering loot and prisoners along with some rest should be another 4 hrs so every 6 battles should automatically take up a day. Then the dynasty system could work.

The more I play the more I realise how unfinished this really is. I wasn't expecting much to be honest but at the very least I assumed it would have the features from Warband and some extra things. Turns out it actually has less features than Warband and everything is extremely buggy. I really can't see them finishing this game in a year like they said unless we see some huge improvements in the coming weeks. They should have had a closed beta before releasing this game with a price tag in my opinion.

The opinions differ here very hard.Some waited 8 years for Bannerlord and thought they would buy a full game ignoring EA, because they thought how bad can it be. They got disappointed and are crying here. The others had no or low expectations, because it is still EA. I think it is great what we have got. We can have fighting over a thousand units (if you have the hardware) and most of the core is there. Everything else should not be that much of a hard way anymore to get. I expect this game full release in one or two years. We are now 2 days in EA and of course finding much bugs. No developer got time for testing all of that what we are testing. If you want a bit more balanced and playable game wait 2 or 3 months i would say then the most of the important bugs/balancing/features are there.
What you can expect if you play the EA the next months: Finding bugs and report them, have a playthrough disturbed by opening the forum and uploading images and videos.

Now I'm gonna answer some Questions(all of this is my guess i have no idea if any of this is true):
1. Why is xy from warband not in the game? -> Probably because it is far down on the list still to implement, or got removed because of alternative new options.
2. What did they do the whole 8 years? -> I think a lot of the time they developed a new engine which looks to me is a great success, still needs a bit optimization and so on, but over all it is great.
3. Why there are only a few quests that are repeated/ only a few talk options with lords/people/ few in general? -> What we see are probably placeholder for more text/quests/story this is EA and im pretty sure the story is already written down but not in the game yet. Adding this missing content is not a huge thing in comparison of the whole game development.
4. Why do the hideouts suck? -> Oh god yes this is for me the most annoying thing, there are many good suggestions how to improve the hideouts. I'm sure the devs will listen to the community. Here they either just pushed them in before release or made a big game design mistake. Either way because we are in EA this will change.

That's all i can think of now. Don't be disappointed because it is an unfinished game. You knew it before you bought it.

After playing for 20+ hours, I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that the game in it's current state is too much in shambles to keep playing it. I will likely take a break until the next major updates come out. I am not going to criticise the dev team on thier work over 8 years, but this game still has a long (LONG) way to go. It badly needs optimization (especially sieges), expanded content (more items, quests, etc), and re-balancing (the economy in particular). This game will absolutely take longer than a year to come into form, and if it is released a year from now like TW has claimed, I don't think it will be very successful to be honest - at that point it will be entirely up to modders to make it worthwhile. This EA is a good start, but I would estimate 2+ years (maybe low balling this) until the game is actually good.

To clarify though, I have had a great time playing so far, but the game systems just don't work properly yet.

Lets just take this as an opportunity to help the devs finding all the bugs and tell them what we like/want and what we dont like/want. We should enjoy beeing a part of this whole process of creating the Bannerlord we allways wanted.

the Bannerlord we allways wanted.

Problem is, people tend to have different expectations on what should be "Their Bannerlord".

About the bugs, quests and mechanics..
If some of you did not take the time to read or see the blogs/videos of the Devs talking of what will be in Early Access, what we could expect not to be working properly, what would be a placeholder, what XXX they stated would not be there for the time being, you should just shut the **** up. It's tiresome to see people complaining about things that have been addressed hundreds of times by the Devs everywhere on the internet.

Look up for official informations, official statements instead of rumours, and gossip and make your own previsions on the state of the game in 1 to 2 years (especially when you don't know how much time it takes to make a game, and i'm talking based on my professional career which is actually making games).

So 8 years, and we got a good product, in Early Access, with some mechanics waiting to be fleshed out, to test them out a bit longer, with some bugs (with some heavy ones corrected in DAY 1 PATCH) and optimisation to do and a whole lot of balancing.

Now, it could be a great idea to see people making posts about the things they are bothered with, and what could be balanced. In a proper and intelligent way, not just a mess of a text where you spit out all your anger and whatnot. Be polite, be concise, be precise, and stop whining for the love of god.

And if you don't want to play the game anymore, good ridance. We need people with a right mindset that want to make the game better by giving feedbacks instead of whining everywhere because they did not take the time to read what is already there for them to read and answer their questions.

In every debate on this forum, you can see a general consensus of what most players, who really care about the game want.
Yes i do agree to that and for the most part agree with their concerns. But it does not make me a crying piece of ****.
People cry like babies, pretending to be fooled by what the game had to offer, but they bought it nonetheless, knowing the fact that the game lacked optimisation, polish and whatnot. They just cry because they feel that the devs ow them something where they just are customers.

People should know their place. They bought the game to give feedback, like constructive, interesting one. Most of it is like "I don't like that blablabla", "The game doesn't work blablabla".. completely casting aside the point of an Early Access launch, which is gathering constructive feedback to make the game progress. In fact the good and interesting posts are drown into the sea of ****-posting of the newcomers that don't know what they should have expected from the game.

All in all, i just hope that Talewords devs keep good faith in their product and in the general interest of the good part of their community that want this game to be a great successor to Warband. We have faith, we should show them in the most productive ways.

They even should clean the forum and make Threads that are organised to gather the most constructive feedbacks which will help everyone see what are the most common and generally agreed upon problems, and some ways to fix it.

Like this thread, which propose some good ideas :Thread

We need people with knowledge to take up arms and post like this, or we just need to gather in one thread to concentrate feedback and make it visible to the devs so that all the ****-posting becomes useless. Maybe it will help people calm down and read a bit before posting.

Back
Top Bottom