Is This Game Dead?

Users who are viewing this thread

I dont know what else you mean by "dead game" when youre playing SINGLEPLAYER. Do you sit there playing a sologame and piss yourself like excited dog knowing that there are others who play singleplay at the same time as you?

Not necessarily. "Dead" can be used for SP games in terms of how much vitality and development is continuing and are big things still being worked on or have the developers basically said "done" and moved on leaving nothing but a skeleton crew to clean up crumbs. This shouldn't be surprising as we have entered a new type (ok not really new anymore) of game development cycle which confuse and directly effect fans expectations with much of a game's life cycle existing in "Early Access" which basically gives the devs carte blanche excuse to not directly address key aspects of the game that may have been promised -only to basically wait out the majority of that audience into a quick release and now "its done - you'll have to wait for DLC or next game...". Its very understandable why so many gamers get frustrated

Don't know if its dead but playing past a certain point is just an exercise of tedium which is offset by good influence management and having smithed your way to 10 million dinars prior to setting up a kingdom. The AI is just straight up retarded, and in real life these people would be executed for incompetence when it comes to decisions declaring war or peace or killed as a matter of popular unrest as a result of their decisions.Having too many vassals is just setting yourself up for infinite failure, because they really are just that bad at the game. You need to be able to override all of the stupid things they do as they try to derail everything you are doing(you know A COHERENT play pattern with an actual aim beyond endless war for war's sake).

The marriage system is broken to the point where its worthless after you marrying yourself first generation(I have two sons as king, but i have to trek across the entire map to find a lord who will marry them to a daughter of a reasonable age which is impossible because they won't let me marry them until they marry off this 60 year old woman that's for some reason a top priority for them) I am frequently spammed with offers to marry women WHO I know nothing about because i've never met them (Game won't display anything despite sending me the marriage offer.) There's no messenger system, so you have to do all of what you want personally(Make a vassal join, marriage, etc) and its made way worse because of the huge map they made(Which should be a positive, but at some point, it just gets in the way of all the systems they made. You get raided infinitely unless you execute every last lord of a faction which itself is ridiculously tedious and they did everything they could to prevent you from ending the nonsense.At least in warband you could ask a lord if if they've seen X vassal or their whereabouts, in this there's no option, so finding someone is guesswork unless you try to call them into your army(Sometimes option isn't even available)

if you asked me, this game SHOULD be dead, and i don't say that lightly since the "fight battles" aspect of this, aka the core of the game, is fun and i absolutely want a game like this to succeed. They just did a whole bunch of stuff designed to make the game NOT fun and just make the game feel UNFINISHED. If you literally deleted some of the stuff they added that are meant to be features, you'd at least reduce the tedium and make at least feel like the systems you are forced to engage with aren't poorly designed or unfinished. Some of the things they did are just straight up worse than what they did in warband(even unmodded). Honestly, i feel like offering their QA team my save where i've conquered a third(More, but at least this) of the world, have stabilized my income over 10 mill, have all the marriage issues mentioned and tell them to go play it out for 24 hours of actual game time since they for some reason think the decisions they made related to this stuff is good. Guaranteed they'd change their minds after being raided by a fiefless faction for the 10th time. Some of the decisions come across them as not even having played their own game. I'm just kind of at a loss with this game, this is what it looks like after years of early access? this is what i come back to?

I don't think i'll ever play this again after finishing my first world conquest without significant tweaks from taleworlds, and i'm just doing that to "Finish" the game. But i could just walk away from it entirely and not look back, because at some point paint the map becomes the same thing except its deliberately disrupted by tedious vassal management.
While I agree with most of your post. Using mods makes it somewhat bearable.
Maybe like the original it will take another 5 years before it can be totally enjoyable?
My personal beef is not being able to control my own companions. Who just constantly wander off to get captured and need to be rescued and restocked with troops. It's really really tedious.

Id be playing MP all day if the playerbase was fair and had sportsman ship, attempting to even the teams by themselfs. But they dont. Majority dont want a fair competitive match. I guess this is the crowd the devs is catering for since you are free to join whatever team you wish regardless. So, its not for me or any other competitive soul. Its just that no competition gets old, really really fast.

Even if a team balance was introduced, it would still be a mess because people are using external VOIP like Discord, Teamspeak, Ventrilo, Steam, Skype, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Bannerlord MP would be great if it had team balance, proximity voice chat or at least team voice chat as well as friendly fire.

Gear stats, class stats, faction stats and every other type of stats, IDC about. Its not my job or purpose to have an opinion about this. This is a dev thing. They should be looking at the MP and balance it according to what they think the MP should be.

Apparently they want MP to be like it is now. I respect that. But aint gonna play it.
Download the cRPG mod!

There is big battles, siege on wednesday. Balancing is much better.
You get to lvl your char and buy gear, not just for a round but permanently!
There is a website where you buy your equipment and choose your skillpoints when you level up.
https://c-rpg.eu/

New maps get added every couple of weeks and more items. There is team balancing based on previous player performance (you get a rating based on your score in all the games you've played) and friendly fire is on.

It's what Native bannerlord should have been imo, but they screwed up. 80 players on the battle server on evenings!

also they are updating a better siege game-mode, testing is on wednesdays now.

After the game was released, before development was finished, TW just abandoned the game. Console players are added. The game is released. All financial goals are reached. And MP is handed over to the community. I'll rather play with the problems in the 1.04 version, than this...

After the game was released, before development was finished, TW just abandoned the game. Console players are added. The game is released. All financial goals are reached. And MP is handed over to the community. I'll rather play with the problems in the 1.04 version, than this...
And then I realize a new 1.1.5 Bug update just arrived...

The game doesn't look dead to me. I regularly play clan vs clan battles on multiplayer. It's a singeplayer game mostly. Constantly updated for what? 3 years roughly? They just released a decent patch very recently. Useless post I agree.

The game doesn't look dead to me. I regularly play clan vs clan battles on multiplayer. It's a singeplayer game mostly. Constantly updated for what? 3 years roughly? They just released a decent patch very recently. Useless post I agree.
I agree. TW stop updating this game, he says it's perfect.

Download the cRPG mod!

There is big battles, siege on wednesday. Balancing is much better.
You get to lvl your char and buy gear, not just for a round but permanently!
There is a website where you buy your equipment and choose your skillpoints when you level up.
https://c-rpg.eu/

New maps get added every couple of weeks and more items. There is team balancing based on previous player performance (you get a rating based on your score in all the games you've played) and friendly fire is on.

It's what Native bannerlord should have been imo, but they screwed up. 80 players on the battle server on evenings!

also they are updating a better siege game-mode, testing is on wednesdays now.
Been there done that. Its became evident that it isnt a Donkey cRPG; wall hanger weapons being OP (decorated swords etc) too little diversity in the weapons stats, the most expensive weapon is the best. Maps were awful, fantasy maps with floating platforms etc. But worst of all: Discord.
Glad to hear that you have some sort of team balancing now. I guess cRPG, despite everything, still is the better MP experience.

Been there done that. Its became evident that it isnt a Donkey cRPG; wall hanger weapons being OP (decorated swords etc) too little diversity in the weapons stats, the most expensive weapon is the best. Maps were awful, fantasy maps with floating platforms etc. But worst of all: Discord.
Glad to hear that you have some sort of team balancing now. I guess cRPG, despite everything, still is the better MP experience.
Can't do anything about Discord I'm afraid.

I don't know how long ago you tried cRPG, but it sounds like it might be a while back. Lots of things have changed for the better, much more builds and weapons are good now. Plenty of variety on the battlefield. I also hated the fantasy maps, those are gone altogether now. Overhauls/updates happen every couple of weeks to the things most bugging the community, better updates than what TW has ever come up with.
Might be worth another try friend! Might see you there

Cheers

Quick reminder to anyone; you can access current player figures for any-title just by checking steamdb figures. Though this doesn't cover non steam versions of the game it will give you a good indication of player trends;

WlbJGF9.png

In summary bannerlord is currently hovering just about Total War Warhammer III & Crusader Kings 3, and just below Rimworld, project Zomboid and only a few steps below Elden Ring.

Draw your own conclusions from that information.

You answered your own question. Its still being updated after 3 years. Its been fully released for some time now and they still haven't finished adding the full release features. Instead they moved the goal post and put the full release features (like the bloody weather) into a "post- release" post just so they could point to that post if someone asked a question to shut them up. We should be in DLC territory now, not fking around with dozens and dozens of bugs and crash fixes.

The progress is so slow it might as well be dead. The clue is when you are releasing beta patches after the game have been "fully released" for over a year.

Last edited:
You answered your own question. Its still being updated after 3 years. Its been fully released for some time now and they still haven't finished adding the full release features. Instead they moved the goal post and put the full release features (like the bloody weather) into a "post- release" post just so they could point to that post if someone asked a question to shut them up. We should be in DLC territory now, not fking around with dozens and dozens of bugs and crash fixes.

The progress is so slow it might as well be dead. The clue is when you are releasing beta patches after the game have been "fully released" for over a year.
They aren't 'beta patches' they are beta's for the patches. It is quite common for companies to allow users to access upcoming patches prior to them being fully ready / balanced yet. Paradox & Creative Assembly have both done exactly the same.

They aren't 'beta patches' they are beta's for the patches. It is quite common for companies to allow users to access upcoming patches prior to them being fully ready / balanced yet. Paradox & Creative Assembly have both done exactly the same.

Okay I'll message TW tell them to change the titles to "beta for patch x.x" rather than "beta patch x.x" , or will you do it? You missed the point entirely and have reverted to arguing semantics.

Okay I'll message TW tell them to change the titles to "beta for patch x.x" rather than "beta patch x.x" , or will you do it? You missed the point entirely and have reverted to arguing semantics.
No I'm simply pointing out that it is very common for companies to have patch betas. Stellaris has patch betas and that game has about a dozen DLC...

TW don't need to change the name because it isn't misleading. I am just trying to explain that beta patches post game release is very normal.

Last edited:
No I'm simply pointing out that it is very common for companies to have patch betas. Stellaris has patch betas and that game has about a dozen DLC...

TW don't need to change the name because it isn't misleading. I am just trying to explain that beta patches post game release is very normal.
Amazing. You stay standing over there arguing about that and defending publishers for releasing broken games at full price while you stick your fingers in your ears calling it normal.

"And that game has a dozen DLC". Read that again and with the context of the argument and then think.

There will come a time we will pay for a "full release" movie in the theatre, only for it to contain placeholder actors and all filmed in with scripts in hand in the back of a shed because of people like you who say "well it's very normal" while clapping the back of your hands together, eagerly waiting for the "full, full release" in an indefinite period of time.

Last edited:
Amazing. You stay standing over there arguing about that and defending publishers for releasing broken games at full price while you stick your fingers in your ears calling it normal.

"And that game has a dozen DLC". Read that again and with the context of the argument and then think.

There will come a time we will pay for a "full release" movie in the theatre, only for it to contain placeholder actors and all filmed in with scripts in hand in the back of a shed because of people like you who say "well it's very normal" while clapping the back of your hands together, eagerly waiting for the "full, full release" in an indefinite period of time.
What the hell are you talking about?

I'm simply stating it is common practice for video game companies to let users to play/test out patches (via a beta before public release). You don't have to play it; simply wait for the full release. If you don't like it - you better stop playing video games; because beta patches have been around for a decade now at least.

What the hell are you talking about?

I'm simply stating it is common practice for video game companies to let users to play/test out patches (via a beta before public release). You don't have to play it; simply wait for the full release. If you don't like it - you better stop playing video games; because beta patches have been around for a decade now at least.

"Simply wait for full release".

Okay I wi...oh wait.

You're not even fun to argue with because nothing is getting through to you clearly.

I thought I should edit this to try spell it out a little easier for you.

This game (Bannerlord), is already fully released.

Hence, the reason for the argument.

The reason people are mad, is because the game has been in the public's hands for years now, and we are still only halfway to what the full game should be. Remember this game has been in development for over a decade, and they're just added snow particles to the game.

Last edited:
"Simply wait for full release".

Okay I wi...oh wait.

You're not even fun to argue with because nothing is getting through to you clearly.

I thought I should edit this to try spell it out a little easier for you.

This game (Bannerlord), is already fully released.

Hence, the reason for the argument.

The reason people are mad, is because the game has been in the public's hands for years now, and we are still only halfway to what the full game should be. Remember this game has been in development for over a decade, and they're just added snow particles to the game.
Full release of the PATCH.

*Should be*. That is such a subjective term. Who gets to decide what it *should be*? You bought the game knowing what it had; and what was being worked on currently. I'd like more diplomacy changes but TW have made it clear that aren't working on that right now. Who am I to say it *should* have those changes?

Would it make for a better game? Absolutely; but that doesn't mean I get to determine that.

You are the one using an obvious alt account... join 20 days ago did you? Weird that you are so knowledgeable about the decade long development cycle...

Back
Top Bottom