Is This Game Dead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Unfortunately that's the opposite of what Taleworlds wants. Idk why but even after repeated requests from the community for more player agency Taleworlds doesn't want to budge. I've never understood their view point on this because players want to feel like they're winning or losing because of decision they've made not by watching the game play itself. My biggest issue is the game is so ****ing boring after the first few hours. It's the equivalent of watching paint dry. I play games to have fun and be challenged not to play a glorified version of wack a mole.
My guess is its too expensive to implement relative to how much money they'd make on it. I don't think they should re fix diplomacy etc, at least not now. They should focus on things that are small tweaks that greatly improve on what they've done without having to build something entirely new. There are too many of these small things and questionable decisions already in what they have, that can far more easily be resolved for greater positive impact on the whole experience.

Making a competent AI is probably very very difficult and it would have to be reworked to account for diplomacy. A basic alliance structure etc could be done but if you bother, you probably want to do it well. I absolutely don't care for a diplomacy system when the council AI literally cannot make an appropriate decision for itself and your country. They're basically all random and you literally have to stockpile influence to override 99% of the decisions they make if you are king.The last thing i want is to have the current AI making decisions about alliances, or breaking them. The AI decision making right now is just so utterly bad its as bare bones as u can get for a system. Adding diplomacy to it won't change that.

The AI currently is just designed to spin out the game by doing absolutely everything they can to avoid having a coherent direction towards, well anything. You literally are best off leaving the decisions they make till the last hour, because they will spam you with all these other ones upon refusal. If taleworlds did a diplomacy thing, it would literally have to overhaul this entire, barebones, garbage system.

Last edited:
Also, I continue to feel like there's no vision with this game. We never hear from Taleworlds regarding "here's what we want our game to be". For example, the game is painfully repetitive past a certain point. Yet there's no communication regarding improving the mid-or-end game. There's hardly communication from the devs, period.

Honestly, it just feels like a rudderless ship without a captain.

My guess is its too expensive to implement relative to how much money they'd make on it. I don't think they should re fix diplomacy etc, at least not now. They should focus on things that are small tweaks that greatly improve on what they've done without having to build something entirely new. There are too many of these small things and questionable decisions already in what they have, that can far more easily be resolved for greater positive impact on the whole experience.

Making a competent AI is probably very very difficult and it would have to be reworked to account for diplomacy. A basic alliance structure etc could be done but if you bother, you probably want to do it well. I absolutely don't care for a diplomacy system when the council AI literally cannot make an appropriate decision for itself and your country. They're basically all random and you literally have to stockpile influence to override 99% of the decisions they make if you are king.The last thing i want is to have the current AI making decisions about alliances, or breaking them. The AI decision making right now is just so utterly bad its as bare bones as u can get for a system. Adding diplomacy to it won't change that.

The AI currently is just designed to spin out the game by doing absolutely everything they can to avoid having a coherent direction towards, well anything. You literally are best off leaving the decisions they make till the last hour, because they will spam you with all these other ones upon refusal. If taleworlds did a diplomacy thing, it would literally have to overhaul this entire, barebones, garbage system.
They won't even implement a messenger system so we can contact mercenaries, clan leaders, etc even after having people literally begging for it over and over. I've never heard them give a good reason why they won't. I find it hard to believe it would be that hard. But here we are forced to chase down every person we want to contact even when we become a lord or a king. I guess Taleworlds doesn't believe in immersion and rp maybe it's not part of the "vision". :unsure:

They won't even implement a messenger system so we can contact mercenaries, clan leaders, etc even after having people literally begging for it over and over. I've never heard them give a good reason why they won't.
Yes, this is beyond silly... They made one in the diplomacy mod and it is simple and strange at the same time haha you get to have a conversation with the person you send the messenger for.. maybe its not the best way, but certainly is far better than base game, sadly..
I am a effin KING and I have to chase down some lowlifes mercenaries... ffs

I occasionaly do a random drop-by in the forums to check if anything improved (since 2021) - and, nope... same old same old.
I think I'll never understand how TW works. Considering how I work (not games, but not quite that far removed from them), the equivalent of work put by a single dev member since 2020 (by doing some skewed math) isn't a 10th of the speed I do my work, and if I happen to get 5 times slower, i'd be in breach of contract with most of my clients, and would be fined for it - TW seems ot work twice as slow as my "deadlines" allow...

Dead? No. Not near as popular as it once was? Clearly. Steamcharts shows a steady decline in playing since November and it it wont really rise until TW just plain stops making updates to break mods there wont be a chance the community can keep interest in this game going like with Warband.

Yes, this is beyond silly... They made one in the diplomacy mod and it is simple and strange at the same time haha you get to have a conversation with the person you send the messenger for.. maybe its not the best way, but certainly is far better than base game, sadly..
I am a effin KING and I have to chase down some lowlifes mercenaries... ffs
I actually gave in and downloaded mods. I don't think this game without mods is really possible to play without exceptional frustration beyond the early mid game. I would never recommend buying it on a platform where you had no mod access over one where you do. Some of these mods just put in basic functions(messengers etc) that you can't do without while playing this that probably should be in the base game. Otherwise the tedious bs will grind you down and make you quit.

The absolutely atrocious lord AI(on the map) is another matter that i don't see them fixing or improving but i don't know if there is a mod for it or not. As it stands the AI is so bad in this game i have to hoard enough influence and never recruit too many lords(always outnumbered on the map by at least 2-3:1 at minimum) because the instant they make a decision for themselves is where they start derailing everything. With allies like these who needs enemies

Gotta wait for updates or significant mods, or just enough time to want play again. I finished a full campaign a couple weeks ago and the game from the "I have 100 troops" point on is super repetitive and takes a lot to paint the map, so I'm good for awhile after I finish it. Game is like 4 hours or less of early game and then the rest is the exact same thing endlessly until map painted. Not a complaint, just saying why mods or updates are needed for me to want to play another campaign.
Pretty much what I'd say

On a personal note, I unironically want the multiplayer to be shut down at this point after spending 584 hours on it. In that time i've spent playing that game, it's apparent to me that the only reason people cared about it is because it was the Steam counterpart to Epic Games' Chivalry 2, and with Chiv2 releasing on Steam last year, the only people who are left playing Bannerlord multiplayer are a bunch of crazy people who seem to think that TaleWorlds' intentional imbalancing is somehow balanced.

To clarify, me wanting to see M&B multiplayer not be a thing isn't me saying "Oh, TaleWorlds should focus their efforts on the singleplayer game". Rather, I want to see the folks defending bad balancing be forced to migrate towards a game where their opponents actually have a fighting chance against them, rather than just farming free kills from wimpy units.

Though I guess if Bannerlord's MP does shut down, TaleWorlds would probably have to collaborate with Torn Banner Studios and Tripwire Interactive to do something along the lines of a $75 USD Bannerlord/Chiv2 bundle, with Chiv2 replacing Bannerlord MP on an official level. I could also see some tiered cosmetics based on whether you simply own both games, or if you actually have an amount of veterancy in Bannerlord's multiplayer.

Why is this one of the popular threads?

"Dead game" is used for multiplayer games. I dont know what else you mean by "dead game" when youre playing SINGLEPLAYER. Do you sit there playing a sologame and piss yourself like excited dog knowing that there are others who play singleplay at the same time as you? Or what is it? Cant be lack of updates because we just got one prior to this thread. I dont understand. Check Warband forums for "game iz dead" threads. I believe they are all in the MULTIPLAYER part of the forum and people there discuss the multiplayer part of the game.

But its 2023 and people are numbheads.

Edit: Crusader Kings is a really good game. What Bannerlord isnt, CK3 is and visa versa.

Funny how the two foras look so similar in the kind of threads people post.

lol.

No matter what game you play, there will always be this unsatisfied crowd. The game is lacking this and that but its all what THEY think it lacks. They just state as if its a universal truth and the sound of posts like these makes me super cringe.

Either the average age of forum users have dropped drastically or the mental age of forum users have dropped drastically - or, what I think, its both and thats super freightening to me.

Last edited:
3o39eaguot4b1.png

it's a premature fetus with a lot of defects, but the doctors keep telling you for months that everything's fine. the baby's still ****ed up though.

Back
Top Bottom