Is This Game Dead Now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just curious what everyone thinks?
  • Meaningful updates are non existent now
    • No interesting features or improvements added in ages
  • Community team just completely absent, with no interest towards interacting with their fan base
    • Cannot imagine they're working 40 hours a week

I try to be level headed and calm but it is concerning, most noticeable to me is the disappearance of the beta branch for many months with no communication as to why, when the game has always had betas.

Not until 1.3 gets released. After that, however, I don't expect much in the way of new content except for DLCs, potentially community-made as before.

Apparently most of the programmers are developing another game - "Hyenas", bought from CA, so get ready for some space shooter fun .. with catapults..

Modders are the future for BL, check out "Realm of Thrones" , pretty good GOT game. All we need now is a Good LOTR mod.

Last edited:
For the single-player aspect, given the active modding community, it could last for quite some time.
However, for the multiplayer aspect, I believe it's nearly (or already) dead.

the community managers and dev have always been silent in between update and will come back a few weeks before the next one, as usual
it's taking longer than usual sure but it's nothing surprising, nor to be worrying about
seeing how long it took to leave the 1.2 beta I'm pretty sure there are very few devs left working on BL, so a new patch will take longer

the community managers and dev have always been silent in between update and will come back a few weeks before the next one, as usual
it's taking longer than usual sure but it's nothing surprising, nor to be worrying about
seeing how long it took to leave the 1.2 beta I'm pretty sure there are very few devs left working on BL, so a new patch will take longer

I don't think the role of a 'community manager' is to disappear for weeks/months at a time?

I am thinking the 'community team' are just independent contractors, working when they feel like it in addition to other odd jobs. I know this company has proven/shown themselves to be incompetent when it comes to development, but there is no way the 'community team' is working 40 hours a week. If they are full time employees, then they clearly have no management and are just milking their paychecks

I am thinking the 'community team' are just independent contractors, working when they feel like it in addition to other odd jobs. I know this company has proven/shown themselves to be incompetent when it comes to development, but there is no way the 'community team' is working 40 hours a week. If they are full time employees, then they clearly have no management and are just milking their paychecks
They definitely are not full time employees. Hell id be surprised if half of the programming team are.

Back
Top Bottom