Is there any way to make the "banner on friendly troops" smaller or maybe change it to something less intrusive?

Users who are viewing this thread

there was a warband mod (the last days of the third age) that made the friendly marker in warband smaller and I think it was way better than the huge plate on top of friendlies. Is there any way in bannerlord to make the marker smaller or maybe change it to something less intrusive?

agree, we hate them, we turn them off, looks cool, can't tell the difference, then we turn them on again, repeat haha
It would be so cool if the devs implement some mechanism to customize the size/shape of the friendly marker

there was a warband mod (the last days of the third age) that made the friendly marker in warband smaller and I think it was way better than the huge plate on top of friendlies. Is there any way in bannerlord to make the marker smaller or maybe change it to something less intrusive?

I turned them off. With all soldiers wearing the coat of arms or base color of their allegiance it actually is usually possible to tell friend from foe and well, that is why they existed in history. Better learn your heraldic lists, kids!
I like it for the immersion and the unobstructred view, but obviously when empire faction fight it gets a tad more difficult. But factions have main colors as well so alternatively changing size or maybe transparency (to me they are often glowing white) would help, too.

I turned them off. With all soldiers wearing the coat of arms or base color of their allegiance it actually is usually possible to tell friend from foe and well, that is why they existed in history. Better learn your heraldic lists, kids!
I like it for the immersion and the unobstructred view, but obviously when empire faction fight it gets a tad more difficult. But factions have main colors as well so alternatively changing size or maybe transparency (to me they are often glowing white) would help, too.
yeaa but some of us is the kinda person to recruit unit from all over the map, so things tend to get messy real quick and the faction color sometime doesn't really shows especially on the heavier armor (im looking at you empire) . But i absolutely agree on the immersive, its way way way better without those floating marker
Another thing is when on the siege battle it'll be a hell of a moshpit, the marker always obstruct the view, but without it, can't differentiate between friends or foes

yeaa but some of us is the kinda person to recruit unit from all over the map, so things tend to get messy real quick and the faction color sometime doesn't really shows especially on the heavier armor (im looking at you empire) . But i absolutely agree on the immersive, its way way way better without those floating marker
Another thing is when on the siege battle it'll be a hell of a moshpit, the marker always obstruct the view, but without it, can't differentiate between friends or foes

Not quite sure I understand the point about different faction units. Colors do change regardless of origin of soldiers so for the large rank and file you can see it at a glance, e.g. Kuzhaits in Valandian employ will wear red and vice versa Battanians and Valandians in Khuzait employ will wear turquoise. I agree with the heavier units, but overall you can judge their demeanor towards you or other soldiers.

As said, I would appreciate a setting to alter the glowiness and or size of it, just by now I like it far more to have them not at all, including having to take a glance at their shield or other hints to know their allegiance. Maybe the heavier units should have coat of arms or capes or in case of cavalry markings on their horse harnesses to add some hints.

I for one would like bannermen to come back, and all armor and shield have areas where coat of arms as displayed. There should also be recolorable areas on clothing (which they do, btw), that should, in combination, allow one to tell friend from foe. I guess Khuzait will be the hardest, and I think they should all have Sashimono on their backs, however the implications of that might be.

Back
Top Bottom