Is there a way to stop paying tributes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Wolfie1625

Recruit
Had a few small wars with weakening factions and I wanted to finish them off and take their land. Before I could finish that my own people tried to make peace with them. At the time I didn't have enough influence to say no so I was forced to accept peace and the payment to the other kingdom. This has happened a few times so now I'm paying like 1500- 2500 per day in tribute and can make barely any money even with a stripped-down party, workshops, and caravans. How can I stop paying those tributes?

ya and this seems to have changed recently. im guessing and dont know for sure, but it appears that even if you are winning that you need to fight a certain amount of time before you can make favorable terms with an enemy in many cases. seems like yours and their situation might play into the factoring but time certainly seems to be a variable.

You need to have many of their lords as prisoners in order to get favorable peace terms. The other stats on the war screen don't seem to be as important.

Before I could finish that my own people tried to make peace with them.

The lords in my kingdom never seem to want peace. I have had to force peace onto them several times. They also tend to want to start wars when we are already at war.

The lords are ALWAYS unanimous in their desire for peace or war. There is never any dissent. This seems highly unrealistic. You would expect that there would be more split decisions. Instead it's always just the king (me) preventing the lords from doing something stupid.

Back
Top Bottom